Investigation Into Yield Reduction Of Sugarcane Plantation Of The Savannah Sugar Company, Numan Nigeria.
The research study investigated and identified the factors responsible for the declining standard of Secondary Education in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara state. A self developed questionnaire was used as the instrument for data collection. It was discovered that in adequate number of qualified teachers and professional teachers is responsible for the declining standard of education.
Other factors are:
- Lack of proper guidance to the students by the concerned authority on the procedure of writing examination,
- in adequate of recommended text books,
- lack of school laboratories, and
- lack of school library.
It was suggested that government should provide adequate well- trained and professional teachers, allow teachers to go for in-service training for the development of their skills, encouragement of teachers for the participating in WAEC and NECO marking panels, enough instructional materials should be provided, they would enhance good performance and bring about declined standard.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Table of Content
- List of Tables
- 1.1 Back ground of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 Research Questions
- 1.4 Objectives of the study
- 1.5 Significance of the study
- 1.6 Scope and delimitation
- 1.7 Operational definition of the term
Review Of Related Literature
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 The concept of declining standard
- 2.3 Determinants and reason for falling standard of Education
- 2.4 Resolving the problem of falling standard
- 2.5 Effect of teaching qualification
- 2.6 Effect of instructional materials
- 2.7 Summary and Uniqueness of the study
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Design of the study
- 3.3 Population of the study
- 3.4 Sample and Sampling techniques
- 3.5 Research instrument
- 3.6 Validity of the instrument
- 3.7 Reliability of the instrument
- 3.8 Method of data collection
- 3.9 Method of data analysis
Data Presentation, Analysis And Discussion
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Research question One
- 4.3 Research question Two
- 4.4 Research question Three
- 4.5 Research question Four
- 4.6 Research question Five
- 4.7 Summary of the findings
- 4.8 Discussion of findings
Summary And Conclusion
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Summary of the work
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendations
- 5.5 Suggestions for further research
List Of Tables
- Table 1; Population of the study
- Table 2; Poor performance in school certificate examination in Maru Local Government Area
- Table 3; Lack of teaching experience affect declining standard of Education in Maru Local Government Area
- Table 4; Who is responsible for the declining standard of Education in Maru Local Government Area.
- Table 5; Lack of instructional materials affect learning in Maru Local Government Area
- Table 6; Teacher’s qualification affects the declining standard in Maru Local Government Area.
1.1 Background to the study
There has been a growing interest in recent years over the performance of students in Nigerian schools and this has generated a lot of concern about standard of education in the heart of many people.
Ukeje (1976) defined education as a process a product and discipline. He maintained that, as a process education is responsible for both the transmission and transformation of the cultural heritage of a people; as a product, it can result in constructive and destructive tendencies and as a discipline, it is concerned with what to teach, how to teach, and the purpose of teaching. Education is a continuous process of learning which begins at birth and continues till death.
A comparative study of the educational development of yester – years and that of contemporary time would portray that there is a great disparity as regard the performance of student at the secondary school level in the past and present. The market is difference in the poor quality and student academic performance in the present day secondary schools in general perfective is seen in education field as the declining in standard of education.
The declining in standard and quality has manifested self in the student poor academic performance in the West African school certificate examination
in general and English and mathematics in particular. Secondary education is the faster of primary education, therefore primary education is taken to be the rudiment of education from all indication, it appears that the rudiment of education is shaky and most pupils who move from the primary schools to the secondary schools are ill-equipped and less competent. In our generation today, many pupils who fall their common entrance examination would conveniently have assess into secondary school education without necessarily having the requirements for admission. This made us believe that the weakness in primary education has negative effects on secondary education.
1.2 Statement of the problem
The situation in teaching and learning process in secondary education nowadays has opened door for prolonged argument for people in teaching field. Educationalist and those outside the field to debate on declining standard of education. Education in Zamfara state, particularly in secondary schools have been plagued by a number of Muriel problems such as, lack of qualified teachers, lack of adequate instructional materials, lack of experienced teachers, poor performance of students in WAEC and NECO exams etc. All these issue have led to the decline of standard of education in secondary schools in Zamfara state. It is in recognition to the numerous problems faced by the secondary schools education in the state that this study embark upon in Maru local government area of Zamfara state in order to find out factors responsible for the declining standard of secondary education in Maru local government area.
1.3 Research Questions
The following research question are design to guide the conduct of the study.
- What causes the decline in the standard of performance in school certificate examination in Maru local government?
- Does teaching experience affect the standard of education in Maru local government
- Who are responsible for the decline in standard of education in Maru Local government area ?
- Does lack of instructional materials affect the declining standard of education in Maru local government area?
- Does teacher’s qualification affect the declining standard of education in Maru local government area?
1.4 Objectives of the study
The main thrust of this study is to look into the factors responsible for the declining standard of secondary school education in Maru local government area..
The specific objectives of the study however, include the following:
- To find out what causes the decline in standard of performance in school certificate examination in Maru local government be determined.
- To examine how teaching experience affect the standard of education in Maru local government area.
- To find out those responsible for the decline in standard of education in Maru local government area.
- To find out whether lack of required teachers qualification affect the standard of education in Maru local government area.
- To find out whether lack of instructional materials affect the standard of education in Maru local government area.
1.5 Significance of the study
It is hoped that the result of this research will enable the general public to identify factors responsible for the decline in standard of secondary education in Maru local government area. It is also hope that, the study will assist educational planners, teachers, parents community and educational administrators to gain an insight into the problem at hand. It is also hoped the study will assist educational planners, teachers, and educational administrators to have an insight into the problem at hand.
1.6 Scope and delimitation
This study is supposed to cover the whole secondary schools in Maru Local Government, but due to financial constraints and time factors the researchers have limited the work to two schools.
The study focus on factors responsible for the declining standard in secondary school education with special reference to Maru local government. Attention will be given to poor performance of students in West African schools certificate examination.
1.7 Operational definition of the terms
A circumstance contributing to a result
Having an obligation to do something and so able to be blamed or credited for it.
Become smaller, fewer or less decrease or diminish in strength or quality, deteriorate.
Any norm, convention or requirement.
Stage of education following primary education.
Is a term used to refer to knowledge, skills and habits of a group of people are transferred from one generation to the next through teaching, training or research.
Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
This chapter presents the summary of the entire work, conclusion drawn from the study and offer recommendation for further research.
Summary of the work
Chapter one provided the background to the study. The central objective was to find out the factors responsible for the declining standard of secondary education in Maru Local Government Area Zamfara State.
In chapter two, review of related literature was made. The concept of declining standard, determinants and reasons for the falling standard of education, resolving the problem of falling standard and its effects on teachers qualification, effect of instructional materials were all discussed in the chapter.
Chapter three presented the methodology that was used in collecting data for the study. Research design, population of the study, sample and sampling techniques, research instrument, validity of the Instrument, reliability of the instrument, method of data collection, and method of data analysis were made in the study.
Chapter four presented and analyzed the data that was generated for the study. This study found that factors responsible for the declining standard of secondary education are; lack of qualified and professional teachers, lack of teaching experience, lack of instructional materials, and poor performance in school certificate examination, are main factors responsible for the declining standard of secondary education.
This research has clearly exposed the factors responsible for the declining standard Secondary education in Maru local Government area being traceable to teachers, parents, school administrators, as well as inconsistency in government policy on education and findings. Also, this study concluded that, the factors responsible for the declining standard of secondary education in Maru Local Government Area Zamfara state. However these problems could be solve through good planning and strategies.
Base on the finding of this study, the following recommendations were provided:
- Teachers with right qualification and professional knowledge should be recruited for continuation of standard education.
- Teachers should use appropriate teaching materials during teaching.
- Enough instructional materials should be provided by the state to enable teachers use them judiciously.
- There should be provision of in-service training to the teachers to further their education.
- Teachers should be participated in the WAEC and NECO marking panels.
5.3 Suggestions for further research
The following are given for further research:
- A similar study could be attempted in other parts of the country for comparison purposes.
- The study could be repeated after three – four years to see weather there have been any improvement or not in the factors responsible for declining standard of education.
Investigation Into Yield Reduction Of Sugarcane Plantation Of The Savannah Sugar Company, Numan Nigeria.
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Investigation Into Yield Reduction Of Sugarcane Plantation Of The Savannah Sugar Company, Numan Nigeria.
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “Investigation Into Yield Reduction Of Sugarcane Plantation Of The Savannah Sugar Company, Numan Nigeria.” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Investigation Into Yield Reduction Of Sugarcane Plantation Of The Savannah Sugar Company, Numan Nigeria.” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.