Intrusion Detection and Prevention System Using Gufax Micro Finance Bank Plc, Ikot Ekpene As A Case Study
This research work was carried out in an attempt to develop an intrusion, detection, prevention and drawback system using Gufax micro finance Bank Plc, Ikot Ekpene as the case study. The main objectives of the research were to develop a system that will encrypt information pertaining to customers to prevent intrusion. The proposed system is known as Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDPS), which is a network-based intrusion detection and prevention system that monitors network traffic and monitors for suspicious activity and alerts the system or network administrator. The system is designed to prevent disclosure of customers’ data to fraudsters by utilizing cipher text. Also, the data used for the development of the system is the spiral model methodology, system analysis and design being used, the system analysis which include system design, system architecture, input layout, output format, problem of the existing system, analysis of the proposed system, advantages of the new system and disadvantages of the current system. The new system has more advantages over the manual system in terms of speed, efficiency, accuracy, storage and easy retriever of information for decision making.
An intrusion detection system (IDS) monitors network traffic and monitors for suspicious activity and alert the system or network administrator. In some cases the IDS may also respond to anomalous or malicious traffic by taking action such blocking the user or source IP address from accessing the network. IDS come in a variety of “flavors” and approach the goal of detecting suspicious traffic in different ways. There are network based (NIDS) and host based (HIDS) intrusion detection systems are placed at a strategic point or points within the network to monitor traffic to and from all devices on the network. HIDS host intrusion detection system on the network. HIDS monitors the inbound and outbound pockets from the device only and will alert the user. Intrusion detection, prevention and trace back system are primarily focused on identifying possible incidents, logging information about them, attempting to stop them and reporting them to security administers. Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), also known as intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS), are network or system activities for malicious activity. Guide to intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS). Computer security resource center, Scarf one .
1.1 Statement of the Problem
The following problems were identified in the existing system that necessitated the development of the intrusion detection and prevention system:
- Absence of an intrusion detection and prevention system.
- Insecurity of customer information.
- Inability to prevent intruders from gaining access to sensitive information stored in the computer system.
- Low level of file security.
1.2 Aim and Objectives of Study
The aim of this project is to develop an Intrusion Detection and Prevention System with the following objectives:
- To design a system that will encrypt information pertaining to customers to prevent intrusion.
- To develop a system that will require an encryption key before bank transaction information can be viewed.
- To implement a system that will prevent disclosure of customers’ data to fraudsters by utilizing cipher text.
1.3 Significance of the study
This study is significant in the following ways:
- It will help prevent unauthorized individuals (intruders) from gaining access to the financial information of customers.
- It will help in tightening the security level of the organization.
- The study will reveal how encryption can be applied to prevent intruders from gaining access to customer information.
- The study will serve as a useful reference material to other researchers seeking related information.
1.4 Scope of the Study
This study covers Intrusion Detection, and Prevention System using Gufax micro finance Bank Plc, Ikot Ekpene as a case study. It is limited to the use of cipher text encryption to prevent intruders from gaining access to vital information of customers,
1.5 Organization of the Research
This research work is organized into five chapters,
- Chapter one is concerned with the introduction of the research study and it presents the preliminaries, theoretical background, and statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, and organization of the research, Limitation of the study and definition of terms.
- Chapter two focuses on the literature review; contribution of other scholars on the subject matter is discussed.
- Chapter three contains the system analysis and the design, it presents the research methodology used in development of the system, it analyses the present system to identify the problems and provide information on the merit of the proposed system. The system design is also presented in this chapter.
- Chapter four present the system implementation, the choice of programming language used, and system requirement for implementation
- Chapter five, this chapter focuses on the summary, conclusion and recommendation are also contained in this chapter based on the study carried out.
1.6 Definition of Terms
Is the extraction of particular information from a larger stream of information without specific cooperation from or synchronization with the sender.
It is an illegal act of entering possession of another’s property.
A special code used by user to gain access to the database or a research.
Safety, freedom danger.
Is the collection of logically related record.
Maintenance performed to stop fault occurring or developing into major detects.
To write a computer program by putting one system of number, words symbols into another system.
A group of interdependent items that interact regularly to perform task.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
This chapter presents the summary, conclusion and offers useful recommendations.
5.1 Constraints of the Study
In carrying out the research work, some challenges were faced that limited the study such as:
The time given for the completion of the research work was too short hence the researcher had speed up the research work to meet up and this has an impact on the study.
Few materials were found pertaining to the research area and this limited the bulk of the literature review.
The high cost of textbooks, internet browsing and transportation to different libraries to gather materials stood as a constraint to the research work.
This research project was carried out in an attempt to develop intrusion, detection, prevention and drawback system using first bank plc, Ikot Ekpene as the case study this project is an application that will enhance Productivity, effectiveness and efficiency by reducing work intensity, less tedious, enhance speed optimization and reduced queuing in the bank. It will help the management and staff to keep track of intrusion process properly, enables management to keep track of the total numbers of aspirant and the total numbers of voters. It also enables the management to know the customers who try to intrude. The challenges of the existing system were; poor performance experienced during withdrawing process, the current system makes it hard to serve customers and staff effectively. This is seen when customers queue for not less than 20 minutes to deposit or withdraw hence wasting a lot of time. The challenges of the existing system can be solve when the proposed system is adopted.The researcher gathers data through primary and secondary sources which includes textbook, journals and the internets. This software is developed using visual basic 6.0 programming language. The new system has more advantages over the manual system in terms of speed, efficiency, accuracy, storage and easy retriever of information for decision making.
Conclusively, this research work has successfully accomplished intrusion, detection, prevention and drawback system that has replaced the manual/existing mode of automated machine process in the first bank.
Below are the recommendations of this research work
- More compatible Automated Teller Machine (ATM) should be procured to run this application.
- Customers should be taught on how to operate it effectively.
- The ATM should be maintained by expert at regular intervals.
- The systems should be secured with password to prevent intrusion.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Intrusion Detection and Prevention System Using Gufax Micro Finance Bank Plc, Ikot Ekpene As A Case Study
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply