Implementation Of Robotics In Agricultural Sector And Breweries
Agriculture sector and brewery companies are quickly becoming an exciting high-tech industry, drawing new professionals, new companies and new investors. The technology is developing rapidly, not only advancing the production capabilities of farmers and industries but also advancing robotics and automation technology
At the heart of this phenomenon is the need for significantly increased production yields. The UN estimates the world population will rise from 7.3 billion today to 9.7 billion in 2050. The world will need a lot more food, drinks, and farmers and brew manufacturers will face serious pressure to keep up with demand.
Agricultural and brewery robots are increasing production yields for farmers and industry in various ways thereby yielding higher rate of production. This study talks about the application of robotics technology in both agricultural sector and Brewery Company.
1.1 Background Of The Study
A robot is a machine—especially one programmable by a computer— capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically . Robots can be guided by an external control device or the control may be embedded within. Robots may be constructed on the lines of human form, but most robots are machines designed to perform a task with no regard to how they look.
Robots can be autonomous or semi-autonomous and range from humanoids such as Honda’s Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility (ASIMO) and TOSY’s TOSY Ping Pong Playing Robot (TOPIO) to industrial robots, medical operating robots, patient assist robots, dog therapy robots, collectively programmed swarm robots, UAV drones such as General Atomics MQ-1 Predator, and even microscopic nano robots. By mimicking a lifelike appearance or automating movements, a robot may convey a sense of intelligence or thought of its own. Autonomous things are expected to proliferate in the coming decade,  with home robotics and the autonomous car as some of the main drivers .
The branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing is robotics. These technologies deal with automated machines that can take the place of humans in dangerous environments or manufacturing processes, or resemble humans in appearance, behavior, or cognition. Many of today’s robots are inspired by nature contributing to all field of engineering and manufacturing industries.
In this work, we are looking at how robots are used in agricultural sector and breweries which is the aim of this work.
1.1 Aim Of The Project
Robot is programmed to perform dangerous, dirty and/or repetitive tasks with consistent precision and accuracy with the aim of increasing production in agricultural and industries.
1.2 Objective Of The Project
At the end of this work, student involves shall be able to know:
- The usefulness, application, and problems of using robots in agricultural sector and breweries.
- How to implement robot in agricultural sector and breweries
1.3 Purpose Of The Project
Due to higher rate of increasing in population, what is expected to follow is a dramatic rise in agricultural production, doubling to meet the coming demand. This need has caused farmers to turn to robotics as a solution for the coming future. In breweries, they are using robotics to disrupt their respective industry. Manufacturing and packaging are been done by robots. This purpose of all this is to increase production with lesser expenditure.
1.4 Significance Of The Project
There are many jobs which humans would rather leave to robots. The job may be boring, difficult or dangerous to humans in agricultural sector and breweries. In agricultural sector and breweries, most of the work nowadays is been perform by Robot.
Robots can be classified by their specificity of purpose. A robot might be designed to perform one particular task extremely well, or a range of tasks less well. All robots by their nature can be re-programmed to behave differently, but some are limited by their physical form.  For example, a factory robot arm can perform jobs such as cutting, welding, gluing, or acting as a fairground ride, while a pick-and-place robot can only populate printed circuit boards.
1.5 Application Of The Project
This study is mainly made for agricultural sector and breweries. The main area of application of robots in agriculture today is at the harvesting stage. Emerging applications of robots or drones in agriculture include weed control, cloud seeding, planting seeds, harvesting, environmental monitoring and soil analysis. In breweries like Nigerian breweries, this robot has the duty of washing and placement of bottle, placement of the label on the bottles, filling of bottles with drinks, corking of bottle, moving those drinks for packaging [4,5].
1.6 Scope Of The Project
The robot’s actions are directed by a combination of programming software and controls. Their automated functionality allows them to operate around the clock and on weekends—as well as with hazardous materials and in challenging environments—freeing personnel to perform other tasks. Robotic technology also increases productivity and profitability while eliminating labor-intensive activities that might cause physical strain or potential injury to workers .
1.7 Limitation Of The Project
Robots used in agricultural sector and breweries are limited to the following points :
Robots need a supply of power, The people can lose jobs in factories, They need the maintenance to keep them running, It costs a lot of money to make or buy the robots, The software and the equipment that you need to use with the robot cost much money.
Robots can take the place of many humans in factories, So, the people have to find new jobs or be retrained, They can take the place of the humans in several situations, If the robots begin to replace the humans in every field, They will lead to unemployment.
Robots cost much money in maintenance and repair, the programs need to be updated to suit the changing requirements, the machines need to be made smarter, In case of breakdown, the cost of repair may be very high, the procedures to restore lost code or data may be time-consuming and costly.
The robots can store large amounts of data but the storage, access, retrieval is not as effective as the human brain, they can perform the repetitive tasks for a long time but they do not get better with experience such as the humans do.
The robots are not able to act any different from what they are programmed to do, With the heavy application of robots, the humans may become overly dependent on the machines, losing their mental capacities, If the control of robots goes in the wrong hands, the robots may cause the destruction.
The robots are not intelligent or sentient, they can never improve the results of their jobs outside of their predefined programming, they do not think, They do not have emotions or conscience, This limits how the robots can help and interact with people.
1.8 Statement Of Problem
People have predicted that machines would make workers obsolete and increase unemployment, this is because jobs that are suppose to employ humans are now left for robots to perform. Such example is seen in Nigeria breweries. A robot does the work of washing and cleaning bottle, placing company label on the bottle, filling drinks in the bottle, corking the bottle, etc. almost all the jobs in Nigeria breweries are perform by robot (machine). Coming to agricultural sector job like weed control, cloud seeding, planting seeds, harvesting, and environmental monitoring are now carried out by robots. This has led to higher level of unemployment in the society .
1.9 Advantages Of Robot
Based on this study, the advantages of robot in agricultural sector and breweries are as follow :
- The robots can go far down into the unknown places where the humans would be crushed, they can give us the information that the humans can’t get, and they can work at places 24/7 without any salary and food.
- The robots can perform the tasks faster than the humans and much more consistently and accurately, they become more common each and every day.
- Most of robots are automatic so, they can move without any human interference.
- The robots do anything which we need to be precise and accurate.
- The robots can endure the hostile environment of the interplanetary space, they are made that the planetary atmospheres do not affect their physical state and performance, they can replace the human beings in many areas of work, they can shoulder greater responsibilities and they can be programmed to manage themselves.
- The robots can be used in carrying out the repetitive and time-consuming tasks efficiently, they are used to do dangerous tasks, they can adjust their parameters like their speed and time, they can act quickly, unaffected by the factors that affect the humans.
- The robots do not require sleeping or taking breaks, they are able to function without stopping, when employed to carry out dangerous tasks, the risk to the human health and safety is reduced, they can work long time without service or maintenance and they can be more productive than the people.
- The robots are designed to work in harsh environments like in space, without the air, underwater and in the fire, they can be used instead of the people when the human safety is a concern, they can come in any size, whatever size needed for any task can be created.
- The robots can do the jobs that the people are unwilling to do, many robotic probes have been sent throughout the solar system to never return back to Earth, They can be stronger than the people, robot in the warfare eliminate putting more people at risk.
How To Get The Complete Material For Implementation Of Robotics In Agricultural Sector And Breweries
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Implementation Of Robotics In Agricultural Sector And Breweries
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply