Impact Of Supervision On Effective Bank Management
This study was to explore effective bank management with particular reference to Afri Bank Plc Enugu. To guide this research the following four research questions were formulated as thus:
- To what extent are human and non-human resources adequate for efficient inspection in Afribank Plc Enugu?
- To what extent and central measures against bad debt in the Afribank being achieved?
- To what extent has the bank provision against computer fraud being achieved?
- To what extent are the workers assured of job security and satisfaction?
A structured questionnaire developed by the researcher was administered to a total 50 male and female staff of Afribank Plc, Enugu. They were selected using the entire population for reliability. Hence he data collected and analysed using percentage mean and rank order.
Major Finding Include:
- That male is majority in Afribank Plc, Enugu.
- That greater majority of the staff is single
- That majority and HND/Degree holdings.
- That greater majority of the staff has saved for 6 to 10 years.
- Those resources and not adequate except few resource items.
- Those computer frauds have not been experience in Afribank Plc Enugu.
- Interferences and job/position insecurity of inspection affect objective report and recommendation.
Bad debt occurred in Afribank sometimes. Based on the findings major recommendation made include that:
- In-service training should be given to staff on regular basis to get abreast with demands of the time.
- The use of delegation as supervisory strategy to be in profession touches despite physical remoteness an all sectors of the bank.
- Seminars, staff meetings, individual conference, demonstration service, provision of office bulletin efficiency.
- Promotion of good working relationship by cultivating desirable temperament.
- Leadership functions such as coordinating, resourcing and serving should be taken services as a cane development in the bank.
- Staff safety are welfare must be assured for continuity
1.1 Background Of The Study
The (1960) banking Act defined banking as the granting of loans and acceptance of credits and the business of receiving monies from out side sources as deposit irrespective of the payment of interest on the assumption of guarantees and other warrantees for other or the effecting of transfers and clearing. And such other transaction as the minister may on the recommendation of the central bank by order published in the federal gazette designate as banking business.
The banking system in Nigeria is made up the central, commercial merchant and development bank. Banks such as peoples bank and community banks were recently established by decree of the federal military government.
Banking profession has been in existence for may decades non. Out unfortunately there were statutory definition of a bank until 1969.
Aaut (1982) described bank as a person or company coring on the business of receiving monies and collection draft for customer subject to the obligation of hononuring cheques drawn upon them from time to time by customers to the extent of the amount available on their current account.
The bank are closely monitored and regulated by the government through its agency the central bank of Nigeria. This is to ensure that they render services to their customer in a manner consistent with safe banking operations and government financial policy. Owing to the need to effectively and efficiently manager depositors funds the task of managing is entrusted with honours reputable and hand working personnel.
Amongst various function of bank management is decision making the national selection from among alternatives of a cause of action. It is at the cone of planning, a plan cannot be said to exist unless a decision has been reached (Koonts, 1984). The management personal of the bank establish internal control procedure for the effective discharge of the major functions in order to attain their corporate objectives. In doing this, special attention must be given to communication problem. The structures of the bank organisation shuld have a line and staff structure so that there will be flow level information from the top management, vice versa also the level will advise to the top level if the need arises. This will make people below the top management level to be avenue of the bank policy and their own responsibility towards the bank with a free flow of information there will be a real basis for effective decision making.
There is a need to know whether action is going according to plan and policies. It is I the light of the above factors that the management function of controlling becomes very desirable. In view of the above issues, the bank management has established the internal control unit or the inspectorate division. The inspection itself is an important organ for internal control system. However, despite the establishment of this, there seem to be lapses here and there. Based on the above factors, the research was motivated to examine the external to which inspectorate unit of bank are contributing to the efficient management of the bank resources with particular reference to United Bank of Africa Plc Station Road, Enugu.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
Despite the creation of the internal control unit the bank, it is not on the adequacy of human and non human resources for efficient operation of banking industry. This is because manager still grant credits (loans) beyond their power limit without collateral security.
Secondarily, there are case of debt resulting loan given to customers that has not been recovered. Hence the CBN (1990) prudential guideline losses on minimal profit.
Thirdly, there has been cases of frauds, deflation and outright removal of physical cash by employers and outsider this has created tin balanced book and records with obvious effect of huge losses.
Another concern in the extent of frequent nationalization and retrenchment in the banking industry. This creates job insecurity and workers may tend to indulge in any act for survival in time of eventualities. The effect of supervision as an aid to effective banks management.
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose of this study the following:
- To examine the inspection techniques in Afribank Plc Road Enugu.
- To find out the extent of computer fraud and associated evils in Afribank Plc Enugu with a view of solving them.
- To ascertain the number of bad debt resulting from loan given to customers that has not been recovered aid provision made for prevention.
- To find out the level of job security provision in the Afribank Plc Enugu as it relates to proper accountability by the banking staff.
1.4 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this work is limited to Afribank Okpara Avenue, Enugu.
1.5 Significance Of The Study
The result of this work may help create the awareness required for effective and efficient auditing of the bank are gulan basis it is also anticipated that banks will take to embrace commitment and object reporting for accurate record keeping.
It is also hoped that report from this work help to create confidence to bank customer and facilities cordial relationship among bank and customers.
The result of this work will help worker to strictly observe policies and procedures of he banking ethics to strenghen the job security of staff or efficient growth and development restructure finally an application of the suggestion made will earn the bank more customer co-operation among staff, trust and confidence on the fellow workers and achieve the set of the banking industry.
1.6 Research Question
To guide this study four research questions were for mulcted as follows
- To what extent has the bank provision against computer fraud being checked?
- To what extent are the worker being as of job security and satisfaction?
- What are the control measures against the bad debt in the bank being achieved?
- To what extent are human and non-human resources adequate for efficient inspection in the bank?
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Impact Of Supervision On Effective Bank Management
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply