The Impact Of Staff-Customer Relationship On Organization Image (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc)
Since the abstract is a précised summary of what is actually done in a project, it then means that the following information should be contained therein.
- The topic study and the location.
- The statement of problem.
- The research hypothesis also carried out, relevant literature reviewers of the carrying out this study.
A questionnaire was designed with concrete validity and reliability. Relevant data were collected from the respondents and analyzed accordingly. The following key findings were made and relevant recommendations put forward. Based on the impact of staff customer relationship on an organization image. A case study of UBA Plc Enugu metropolis.
Table Of Contents
- Title Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Contents
- List Of Table
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 Purpose of the study
- 1.4 Research question
- 1.5 statement of hypothesis
- 1.5 Significance of the study
- 1.6 Scope of the study
- 1.7 Limitations of the study
- 1.8 Definition of terms.
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Public relations and staff customer relationship in UBA Nig Plc.
- 2.2 Effects of communication and staff customer relationship.
- 2.3 Attitude motivation and staff customer relationship
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research designs / method
- 3.3 Sources of data
- 3.4 Method of data collection
- 3.5 Population of the study and sample – size determination
- 3.6 Sampling technique / procedure
- 3.7 Validity and reliability of measuring instrument
- 3.8 Methods of data / statistical analysis
4.0 Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.1 Data presentation
- 4.2 Data analysis
- 4.3 test of hypothesis
- 4.4 Interpretation
5.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary of findings
- 5.2 Conclusions
- 5.3 Recommendations
- 5.4 For further research
1.1 Background of the study
The impact of customer relationship is a contractual relationship, staffs are the most important channels of communication, on the other hand, in any business where products or service are sold or rendered, the customer is the key success. Many years ago one of Americans greatest, merchant marshal field expressed the whole principle of right, customer can make or break any commercial enterprise, if they are pleased with what they buy and happy about their treatment, they will continue to buy and also inform their friends but if the product service or treatment is unsatisfactory, the customer will not only stop buying but also will tell their friends and show evidence about the unhappy experience.
Staff relations with customers are often as much as a management problem as public officer because every organization wants to create an image for its self. Good customers relationship goes hand in hand with organizational image, it is difficult indeed to draw a line between them because customer have repeated contact with the staff. The contact provides the best means for two days communication. They permit an exchange of question and answers, providing an opportunity to explain and persuade. They also make it possible to offend or err.
The general public had anticipated that by now the picture of the staff customer relationship especially in the banking sector should have been pretty and nice to behold, at least terms of services attitude to work and more importantly in the upholding and enlistment of the basic principle norms and ethics in the daily practices of the contractual relationship. Oral and written evidence seem to staff customer relationship and its effect on the organization’s image.
It is to appraise the extent to which the system has lived to expectation in their system and other related areas that prompted me into this research work.
The united bank of Africa limited (UBA) on which this research work is based originated from Britain and France. The British and French bank limited itself metronophosized from BNCL Paris (Banque National Pouria Commerce Industry) Established in 1932. The bank officially opened to business in December 1949 with staff strength to twelve in 1960. the bank went public in accordance with the policy and intension of the French owner of bank to sell off some of their shares to Nigerian on February 1961 the united bank for Africa limited was incorporated to the British and French bank was officially opened for business under the name on October 3, 1961
1.2 Statement of the problems
In the light of the above, the researcher is constrained to identify why bank staff possesses nonchalant and care free attitude towards their customers. Counter service of the banks are not only delaying and frustrating but also lack courtesy, and good human relations.
1.3 Objectives of the study
- To find out the bank’s principles, norms and ethics in the actual practice of the staff-customer relationship in UBA.
- To identify the problems that have been militating against the improvement in staff-customer relationship.
- To ascertain the hiccups militating against the effective actualization of the banks staff-customer relationship.
- To identify the extent to which commercial banks have succeeded in dispensing their service to their customers.
- To ascertain the extents to which the banks staff-customer relationship is uplifted in the state and UBA in particular.
- To determine the impact of relationship management on customer’s satisfaction.
- To determine the impact of customer’s satisfaction on customer’s loyalty.
- To suggest avenue and method of improvement to the identified problems.
1.4 Research questions
The following research questions are? Is there any problem experienced during staff –customer in the bank?
- Is there a significant impact of bank’s staff-customer relationship on organizational image.
- What are the problem militating against improvement in staff-customer relationship.
- To what extent has commercial banks succeeded in dispensing their service.
- How can bank staff relationship be improved in commercial banks
- To what extent has bank staff-customer relationship affected the organizational image of commercial banks
1.5 Statement of hypothesis
In respect of this research, the hypothesis would be tested thus:
- Ho: There is a relationship between staff-customers in UBA.
Hi: There is no direct relationship between staff-customers in UBA.
- Ho: There is no significant impact of bank’s staff- customer’s relationship on organizational image.
Hi: There is a significant impact of bank’s staff- customer’s relationship on organizational image.
1.6 Significance of the study
This study’s academic contribution hinges on the fact that it offers a significant advancement to the body of the current literature of customer relationship management, most especially in Nigeria banking industry, as it reveals customer attraction programs, customer retention programs, relationship management and customer’s satisfaction on organizational image.
This researcher will significantly alleviate the hiccups associated with bank-customer relationship and reduce the possible conflict and tension between the staff and customers.
1.6 Scope of the study
This study titled the impact of staff customer relationship on organizational image. It desirable to extend as possible, but this is not possible because of tie constraints. This study does not cover the whole commercial banks in Nigeria, but it only covers UBA Owerri branch. The population size will be the staff populace in this selected organization.
1.7 Limitations of the study
In the course of carrying out this research, the researcher encountered some difficulties which acted as limitations to the successful completion of the work.
These are as follows;
The researcher work was carried out during holidays with all its social activities including other problems thereby necessitating the disruption and jam packing of academic work.
The research was conducted at the time when the cost of living was very exorbitant hence high fare and this obstructed or limited the findings of the work.
Most information sought for are not to let out by the management. They on telling the researcher to wait for long or to call back with the view of frustrating his effort.
The place to get the required information for the progress of this work was too far.
1.8 Definition of terms
Conceptual definition establishment for keeping money and valuated safety.
A party that receives or consumes products[goods or services] and has the ability to choose between different products and suppliers. see also buyers.
Measure of the tangible and intangible effects [consequences] of one thing’s or entity’s action or influence upon another.
A patern of way in which large number of people engage in a complex task, relates to each other in conscious, systematic, establishment and accomplishment of mutually agreed purpose.
The entire group of employee who work at a company.
5.0 Summary Of Findings Conclusion And Recommendation
Having critically traced and investigated the operation of the staff –customer relationship in united bank for Africa limited Enugu. The researcher has derived valuable, deduction on the subject matter.
The statement of facts are principally in the area of:
- Lack of motivation is the cause of poor staff customer relationship which consequently defollate the organizational image.
- Dubious attitude of customers which warrant proper reference before cheques are paid, and this causes delay in counter services.
- Customers questionnaire respondents confirmed that UBA Ltd, makes high charges for service for rendered.
5.1 Summary Of Findings
Because human resources is a delicate factor of production and should be handled with utmost care. If not given adequate training or motivated will lead to low moral of the staff poor quality of work out put as the affected staff is not concerned with a customer staying for hours over the counter for any simple transaction. If adequate number of bank branches servicing the country is not checked poor counter services will increase while staff customer relationship.
I have tried above to x-ray the problems encountered by bank staff and customer of UBA Ltd.
It must however, be emphasized that the Nigerian banking system is under going a metamorphosis. The colonial method in the banking system is gradually giving way to modern perspective.
Nigerian banking system (UBA) Ltd. is bound to undergo changes as the notion marches towards developments. As this happiness the problems attached to such metamorphosis and equally bound to increase. The degree with which UBA Ltd, hull grow depends on the level of education experience and devotion to duty by their bank staff.
It is often said that once a problem is properly understood and identified it’s solutions enact reached or solved as such the problem will now be easy to tackle.
The researcher will now postulate some measures which if applied will greatly improved and eliminate the ugly trend of events on the practice of staff – customer relationship.
- The first target of attending is on the counter service of the UBA Ltd, their services being intangible, the only way the utilities presented in these services could be valued is through the application of some professional clock. The management should have no stone unturned to ensure that legitimate needs and aspiration of their staff are meet to the best of their ability themselves contended that they can be relived upon to attain a high level of efficiency and behaviours. The Japaw concept of total involvement should be adopted and tested for its efficiency. The staff should be made paid and parallel of the organization.
- Getting an efficient personnel management public relation officer who ensures that the movement and position of staff behaviours results in effective space, management gestured towards quicker services, would minis delay.
- Establishing of more branches network the emphasis in this research work is on adequate and improved staff customer relationship and its 19 impact on the organizational image. If only customer does not have to go to great pains to obtain the services there will be no public out cry about poor counter services offered.
- The need for good counter become necessary when it seen that they have minor with which their banks are valued by out siders. Geofrey Wilkin (1981) summarized that for banks sound customer reaction, are therefore made maintained by.
- Pleasant courteous manner (A simile means the same in any language.
- Efficient helpful services by all staff, who should direct to the official coldened.
- Should a customer have a complaint the matter should be referred to a public relation officer responsible for such issues who should not only promptly attend to the matter but also advise the branch manager of the compliant and remedial action taken.
- Emphasis should be places on first come first serve.
- The management and supervising staff in bank should be educated on the theory and practice of effective public relation and also ensure that all line staff personal are knowledgeable on this subject with the fact that good bank relations work towards sub building up and sustaining a good favourable public image for the bank placing the interest of members of the public or customers always at the front.
5.4 For Further Research
As Nigeria is still developing, more research work will be made on how to improve cordial relationship between bank staff and customers poor bank counter services.
The Impact Of Staff-Customer Relationship On Organization Image (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Impact Of Staff-Customer Relationship On Organization Image (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “The Impact Of Staff-Customer Relationship On Organization Image (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Impact Of Staff-Customer Relationship On Organization Image (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.