The Impact Of Social Responsibility On Organizational Performance (A Case Study Of O’ Blue Bird Limited Orlu)
This importance of leadership style cannot be over emphasized in an organization or establishment be it a private or government owned establishment, in fact, without good leadership style, an institution is prone to fail. In another word, success and failure of our institution depend on a good leadership style undertaken by the management.
This work is arranged in five chapters as follows: chapter one deals with a background of study, a statement of hypothesis and the definition of the terms used. Chapter two reiews related works on the topic which include the nature and meaning of leadership style, effects of leadership style.
Chapter three discusses the method adopted by the research in carrying out the analysis study. Chapter four entails the analysis and presentation of the data collected through questionnaire. Finally, chapter five is based the summary, recommendation and conclusion of the work.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of Problem
- 1.3 Purpose of the study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Statement f Hypothesis
- 1.6 Significance of the study
- 1.7 Scope of the Study
- 1.8 Limitation of the study
- 1.9 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 An Overview of the concept of social responsibility / definition
- 2.2 The evolving ideal of social responsibility
- 2.3 Social responsibility in classical economic theory
- 2.4 Social responsibility in the late misspent and early twentieth countries
- 2.5 Basic elements of social responsibility
- 2.6 General principles of corporate social responsibility
- 2.7 Targets of social responsibility
- 2.8 Arguments for and against social responsibility
- 2.9 Benefits of social responsibility
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research Design
- 3.3 Sources of Data
- 3.4 Method of data collection
- 3.5 Population of study and sample size determinations
- 3.5 Sample Technique
- 3.6 Validity and Reliability of measure
- 3.7 Method of Data Analysis
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of data
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Presentation of data
- 4.3 Hypothesis
- 4.4 Analysis of data /test of hypothesis
- 4.6 Interpretation of Results.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Summary of Findings
- 5.3 Conclusions
- 5.4 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of The Study
It is obvious to operate organization that do not operate in a vacuum they operate within the society and draw resources from it they exert influences on the society and vise-versa. Social issues arising from their activities periodically challenge ethics of enterprise operations, sometimes spurred by a particular incident f mismanagement and occasionally tragedy. Against this background there has been to their social responsibilities.
Mondy and premeau (1993) opined that social responsibility is the “implied, enfored or felt obligation of management acting in their official capacity, to serve or perfect the interest groups other them themselves”.
Nnedi (1996) quoted Kenneth Andrews as saying that social responsibility means that intelligent and objective concern for the welfare of society that objective concern for the welfare of society that restrains individual and corporate behaviour from ultimately destructive activities no matter how immediately profitable, and leads in the direction positive contributions of human development.
The trend is most likely to continue because we now have more enlightened consumers and employees and every citizens is directly or indirectly affected by the activities of the organization within the past few decades, the mission of business organizations was just to maximize profit to the determined of any other person within the environment. But recently, the changing scenario of the society ideology has made the view of many business manager about their social responsibilities and have reflected the changing priority and expectations of the society about business social functions, because relies on the society for its existence and survival.
Therefore, business organization should consider the needs and interest of others that might have been affected byy their operations in Imo State, report that the state of social and environmental conditions of these host communities in protest for environmental degradation, pollution, pollution, loos of mean of livelihood, without commensurate compensations etc.
Therefore, for any organization to operate smoothly in an environmental and achieve its goals and objectives, it should design and appropriate social responsibility scheme for its host communities like provision of basic infrastructural facilities, employment of its citizen and look for other ways to improve the standard of living of the citizens of the area.
Brief History Of Blue Bird Limited;
The blue bird Limited was establish on 11th April 1933 by Lord leverhulme but the company’s antecedents hve to be traced back his existing trade interests in Nigeria and west Africa generally, and to the fact that he had since the 19th century, been greatly involved with the plastic business in Britain. Obblue Bird limited started as a plastic and soap manufacturing company and is today ne of the oldest manyfacturing organizations in Nigeria.
Why Oblue Bird Limited Still Succeed:
The long-term success of this business terms from the strong relationship with the consumers base on the deep roots in the local cultures and market, creating products that will help them to eel good, took good and set more out of life and the total commitment to exceptional standards of performance and productivity. In order to sustain this success, they endeavour to maintain the highest standards of corporate behaviour towards our employees, consumers, communities and the operating environment.
Our brands are household favourties and this is because we are so deeply committed to meet the everyday needs of people every where in Nigeria. What is more, our deep roof, here combined with international experience and support: enable us to consistently develop brands, which raise the quality of life, it is therefore no surprise that one would find that all over Nigeria, people are at home with our brands.
Cooperate Responsibility Of Blue Bird Limited:
Over the years, blue bird Imited has been socially responsible and responsive organization that takes strategic action for the improvement of the community’s and environments in which operates. The company has made provision for assistance in fields of health, education or children welfare and portable water or hygiene as part of its social responsibility programme in the Nigeria communities to improve the standard of living of the citizen of the area.
1.2 Statement Of Problem:
The purpose of this study is to determine the impact of social responsibility in the operations of organization in Imo State in general and Oblue bird Limited to be specific. The study tends
- To find out whether the areas chosen by the organization to discharge their social responsibility is appropriate.
- To find out if social responsibility is making the operation to lose focus of their goals and objectives.
- To know if the impact that the social responsibility is a strategy for growth.
- To provide solution in the youths responsiveness arising due to non discharge of social responsibility.
- To enlighten the management of so organization that social responsibility is a strategy for growth, development and promote goodwill.
- To enlighten the organization that social responsibility can increase organizational productivity and patronage.
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
The main purpose of this is to examine empirically the relationship between corporate social responsibility and organizational performance. Social responsibility has been neglected overtime, organization have forgotten that they operate in an environment and the environment also expect the organization to assist in tacking its socio-economic problem.
- Determine the effect of social responsibility on organization
- Discuss why some organizations are socially responsible than others
- Identify and evaluate the various forms of social responsibility companies will achieve their set objectives and attain their goals.
- Above all, the purpose of this study is to partially fulfill the requirement for the award of higher national Diploma in Business Administration.
1.4 Research Questions:
In the view of the problems stated earlier, the following questions are therefore asked to proper clarifications.
- How does social responsibility influence organizational operations?
- How does the organization discharge their social reasonability prorammes?
- What factors militate against implementation of social responsibility?
- How does the organization design social responsibility?
- What are the relationships between social responsibility and organizations operations.
- How can social responsibility increase organizational productivity and patronage
1.6 Statement Of Hypothesis
The purpose of hypothesis is to enable one make inference about unknown population parameter using the dependent and independent variable.
1.7 Significance Of The Study:
The following individual and group will benefit from this study and they include:
This community (most community) will benefit from the study in the sense that organization will devise effective means of discharging social reasonability based on the findings of the study and as such to develop their social infrastructures like good roads, electricity, portable water, health facilities employment opportunities and development etc.
When the business organization goes into the provision of te above mentioned social or basic amenities to the citizens or community, the government can then channel its programmes in other things different from these already provided by the organization.
The organization will improve it customer’s patronage and goodwill by properly discharging social responsibility and as well understanding the implications of not discharging its social responsibility meaningfully and channels its social resposnbility towards the appropriate place and time.
The customers are does who patronize the company by buying their products they will benefit through the consumptions of high quality and standardized products that will yield utility.
The scholars and other researcher will benefit from this tudy because this work will be a source of secondary data for other researchers and scholars who we use the resolutions reached and the recommendations from the study as a decision making fool and as a basic upon which other researcher we stand.
1.8 Scope Of The Study:
Oblue bird Limited Imo is used as the case study of this study of this research that is the impact of social responsibility on the organizations operations in Imo State, so, the study covers the organizations Imo State but the specific to Oblue bird Limited Imo from where the findings are generalized.
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendation
5.1 Summary Of Findings
The following were based on the analysis of data carried out in chapter four of this research work. They were made in accordance with the objectives of this research work.
From the response arising from the questionnaires administered, it ws discoved that being socially resposnbile has made a great impact on the operations and performance of organizations in Imo using oblue bird as a case study.
The first test carried out was confirmed in conjunction with response off the respondents.
Secondly it was also discovered that social resposnbility has made a great impact on the rate of profit maximization of the said organization, this was proved to be true in the second test and from the response of the respondents.
Social responsibility is a catalyst that promotes the rate of business performance survival and smooth operation in the face of competition in a business environments. The business functioning as a social man in a system is in fact responsible for all his social actions.
However, it is worthy to note that social responsibility is an implied out and a matter of common sense to the organization and as such some organization choose areas of relvant to their business in discharging social responsibility. Others choose area of social assistance, moved purely by philarthhropic considerations. More so, discharge of social responsibility attracts co-operational operations and performance. It heeds off negative public attitudes and unwanted regulations. Finally, social responsibility affects the profit motive of the business and therefore, should be given priority in an organization.
In the light of the fore-going research findings, the researcher therefore makes the following recommendations.
- Organizations should not be out to make profit alone they should as a matter of fact remember that there are those who are affected by their operations and therefore try to carry out philanthropic activities to improve their well being.
- There is a saying that goes happy society, happy business when the society is well healted in terms of equality product good service four treatments job opportunity etc they will have no other option, than to pay back with adequate and continuous patronage.
- The society should know there own start to use lobby, dialogue and negotiation when it comes to demand for social responsibility should when it comes to demand for social responsibility should be action and not force.
- Social responsibility should be reciprocal that is the social should protect companies property while expecting social responsible actions from the companises
- Corporate social responsibility should stand on a tripod, the company the government an the society.
The company can not stand in isolation, it must work with and for the society, the society should patronize the company and the government should try to provide a level playing round and should not only collect VAT and other taxes, they should try to provide also some amenities to support even the companies and the society.
How To Get The Complete Material For The Impact Of Social Responsibility On Organizational Performance (A Case Study Of O’ Blue Bird Limited Orlu)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “The Impact Of Social Responsibility On Organizational Performance (A Case Study Of O’ Blue Bird Limited Orlu)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Impact Of Social Responsibility On Organizational Performance (A Case Study Of O’ Blue Bird Limited Orlu)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.