The Impact Of Ratio Analysis On Management Decision Making In Organizations (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa Plc)
1.1 Background of the Study
In every organization irrespective of its size, ownership, structure, impact of ration analysis on management decision making occupy a crucial position
However given this centrality can be said that behind every successful organization the process in which the management arrive at decision making is very important as far as financial management is concerned in the private sector of the economy and specifically in a banking institution like united bank for Africa (U.B.A).
In a nutshell the impact of ration analysis is the most preoccupation of this research work is referred to the manner through which the management of organization takes decision suitable for profit as possible future planning, controlling current performances and future development through and activity analysis.
Significance change has taken place in recent years in the size and complexity of both private organization and public organization because of this management is faced with evaluation in technical, social political and economic forces. As a result, the methods of arriving at the decision has become more difficult management especially in accounting activity of the organization.
This research is devoted to examination of some major impact of ration analysis in financial institution (united bank of African).
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The part of ration analysis as a tool for decision-making have following area of concern. 75 ratio analysis useful in investment appraisal.
- Whether management rely on ratio analysis for decision making
- Do ratio analysis really determine the wealth maximization of shareholder.
- It ratio analysis or management tool or technique use in determining the liquidity, stability profitability and efficiency of the organization?
- Whether ratio analysis can be used to determine the trend of development and performance of the organization over time.
- At the time of choose this topic the above was what the researcher have in mind and therefore pushes to fine out what is the need for ratio analysis n banking institution like united bank for African.
1.3 Objective of Study
The primary objective of this researcher is to find out how efficient and effeteness does the management evaluate its financial position. Also the performance of the institution on with regards to the financial a quantitative judgment about the institution financial position and its achievement which include it is further generalize as the following:
- The effective implementation of traditional function of banking acceptances of deposit to find lending.
- Efficient financial resource mobilization without inflation money supply expansion for economic development specially when external borrowing is viewed as a last resort.
- Increasing sense of commitment and identification with the institution and its good by institutional design and activates of people and adopting a participating or democratic style of management.
- Maintaining accountability of asset.
1.4 Research Question
For the purpose of this study the following question are raised to enable the researcher find possible solution to the identified problem if properly answered.
- How is the application of ratio analysis useful when it comes to decision making in the organization.
- In what way is the application of ratio analysis useful in evaluating the financial performance of the organization
- How do interested parties in united bank for Africana apply and use ratio analysis in evaluating the bank before taking their decision?
- How is ratio analysis of importance when it comes to granting of loan and advances to customer?
- To what extent does ratio analysis help the chief executive of bank in decision making?
- How is ratio analysis of importance to the balance short of the bank.
1.5 Significant of the Study
The significance impact of ratio analysis in financial institution cannot be over emphasized. It is therefore expected that, this research work is bound to be beneficial to the following:
Most management decision are based on information from ration analysis. Management planning is also supported by vital information from ratio analysis.
For shareholders to determine their wealth maximization, they rely on information from ratio analysis such as stability ratio and leverage ratio.
c. Potential Investor:
For potential infestation is and for them to know or ascertain the organization is based on vital information from ratio analysis .
The interest of employee is the organization is how their welfare can be improved. They are able to obtain information for the agitation for improvement on their welfare through ratio analysis such as profitability ratio.
It is expected that students mostly undergraduate stand to benefit from this research work because it serve as a sources of ratio analysis.
Government also rely on information from ratio analysis in the assessment of the organization for tax purpose such as profitability and liquidity ratios.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The scope of this research work be specially restricted to United Bank for African Plc, Ilorin Branch; with regard to its accounting ratio which help in:
- The assessment of profitability;
- Assessment of activity;
- Assessment of failure.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
In search of data, problem were faced by the researcher despite all the explanation of the purpose of the study.
- In the first place respondent did not react to the question sent to them is insufficient data.
- Also cost and time has a great impact on the study since no adequate means were available and time under consideration was short.
1.8 Plan of the Study
The bank ground of the study, the statement of research on ratio analysis is primarily used to compare a company as well as management organization and firms.
Analysis that help financial analysis implement in bonuses decisions.
The proper use of information is an important part indecision making therefore the researches carried out to show ratio analysis help managers. The significances of this study is that on its completion the following benefit will be derived.
1.9 Definition of Terms
The trilogies used in this study are defined below for the better understanding of this work so tat research will not be misinterpreted.
It is a financial institution which primarily holds out itself to accept deposited from consumers and payout on demands.
Ratio analysis refers to the determination of the significant relationship which exist between firs as show in a firms performance.
This measure indicates whether the company is performing satisfactorily. They are used among other things, to measure the performance of management to identify whether a company may be a worthwhile investment opportunity and to determine a company’s performance relative of its competitor.
Management can be described as the art of working particularly through people for the achievement of the board goals of an organization.
Liquidity measures the ability of a business to meet short term obligation on.
Activity helps assess the efficiency of managers actions.
Return on capital employed:
This is the yardstick employed to measure the efficiency of the management in utilizing the assents of the business.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
From the proceeding chapter, the researcher has come out with the following:
- The researcher discovered ratio analysis has an impact on management in decision making in an organization.
- The research also discovered that must manager of an organization uses ratio analysis for decision making which is the key to their success. Proper decision making in the management of organization is based on the impact or positive effect of ratio analysis.
- Also the researcher discovered that some of the managers are not aware of the importance of using financial analysis techniques such as accounting ratio in judging the financial performance of the organization for the purpose of decision making and also do not apply ratio analysis in judging the operating efficiency of, and ability of the bank (UBA) to provide adequate returns, rather they considered the physical size and popularity of the banks as indicators of good financial performance and healthy a condition.
Decision making is very importance to both the internal and external users of financial statement which can be achieved with the help of ratio analysis. Banks should be very detailed in following up their performance and this can be ascertained and their known area of their weakness can be adjusted and improved upon by taking the necessary qualitative, step.
Also external parties should ensure that before any investment is made in the bank, analysis should, be carried out either by them or by professionals
Based on the finding of this study, it is found necessary to provide recommendation as follows:
- There is the need to restore the lost confidence of public in banks which has been caused by the prevalence of financial distress, in Nigeria banking sector management of banks should organize educational programs through which their employees will be educated first, then the general public on the impact or positive effect of ratio analysis in an organization based on decision making.
- United Bank For Afria Plc, customers investors who do not have formal knowledge and ability to apply and use ratios should always go to professionals who can help them to accurately assess their proposed bank.
- I recommend for other banks to adopt the same practice of employing financial ratio with regard to accounting decision making for their organization as UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC is current doing.
- “Accounting ratio” should be instituted in the secondary school syllabus to create a strong foundation for up coming youth so that all students who pass through secondary school will have an opportunity to study and understand ratio and it’s impact or effect.
The Impact Of Ratio Analysis On Management Decision Making In Organizations (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa Plc)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Impact Of Ratio Analysis On Management Decision Making In Organizations (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa Plc)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “The Impact Of Ratio Analysis On Management Decision Making In Organizations (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa Plc)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Impact Of Ratio Analysis On Management Decision Making In Organizations (A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa Plc)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.