The Impact Of Optimal Job Satisfaction On Effective Employee Performance
This study was carried out on the impact of optimal job satisfaction on effective employee performance in De-United Food Industries, Ado-Odo Otta, LGA of Ogun State. The survey design was adopted and the simple random sampling techniques were employed in this study. The population size comprised of employees of De-United Food Industries. In determining the sample size, the researcher conveniently selected 53 respondents and 50 were validated. Self-constructed and validated questionnaire was used for data collection. The collected and validated questionnaires were analyzed using frequency tables. While the hypotheses were tested using chi-square statistical tool. The result of the findings reveals that there is a impact of optimal job satisfaction on employee job satisfaction. The study also revealed that the factors that influences job satisfaction of an employee include; optimal working conditions, opportunity for advancement, workload and stress level, respect from co-workers, relationship with superiors, and financial rewards. Therefore, it is recommended that the Management should provide satisfactory welfare package for the workers. Such welfare package should be communicated to the workers using the notice board or employee handbook. The incentive provided for the workers should be tailored to their needs and this make the incentive to be valuable. Promoting staff as at when due is also important since this will lead to increase in their remuneration. To mention but a few.
Table of Content
- 1.1 Background of the Study
- 1.2 Statement of the Problem
- 1.3 Objective of the Study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Research Hypothesis
- 1.6 Significance of the Study
- 1.7 Scope of the Study
- 1.8 Limitation of the Study
- 1.9 Definition of Terms
- 1.10 Organisations of the Study
Review of Literature
- 2.1 Conceptual Framework
- 2.2 Theoretical Framework
- 2.3 Empirical Review
- 3.1 Research Design
- 3.2 Population of the Study
- 3.3 Sample Size Determination
- 3.4 Sample Size Selection Technique and Procedure
- 3.5 Research Instrument and Administration
- 3.6 Method of Data Collection
- 3.7 Method of Data Analysis
- 3.8 Validity of the Study
- 3.9 Reliability of the Study
- 3.10 Ethical Consideration
Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.1 Data Presentation
- 4.2 Analysis of Data
- 4.3 Answering Research Questions
- 4.4 Test of Hypotheses
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
1.1 Background to the Study
It is a general understanding that job satisfaction is an attitude towards job, in other words job satisfaction is an affective or emotional response toward various facets of one’s job. A person with a high level of job satisfaction holds positive attitudes towards his or her job, while a person who is dissatisfied with his or her job holds negative attitudes about the job. Job satisfaction is a result of employees’ perception of how well their job provides those things which are viewed as important. Job satisfaction is also defined as reintegration of effects produced by individual’s perception of fulfillment of his needs in relation to his work and the surrounding. Furthermore, Job satisfaction represents a complex assemblage of cognition, emotion and tendencies. There is no definite way of measuring job satisfaction, but there are varieties of ways to identify when an employee is satisfied or dissatisfied with his or her job. A questionnaire can be used to measure job satisfaction, in this method, it measures the satisfaction with the different dimensions or facets of the job by the employee and sum of all satisfactions scores will be taken as the overall job satisfaction (JS). Almost any job related factor can influence a person’s level of job satisfaction or dissatisfaction and there are a number of factors that influence job satisfaction. The major ones can be summarized by recalling the dimensions of job satisfaction and they are pay, the work itself, promotions, supervision, workgroup, and working conditions (Theresa et al, 2016).
Moreover, employee performance very much depends on perception, values and attitudes, there appear to be so many variables influencing the job performance that is almost impossible to make sense of them. Performance is defined as a function of individual ability and skill and effort in a given situation. In the short run, employee’s skills and abilities are relatively stable (Theresa et al, 2016). This research defines the performance in terms of effort extended to the job of an employee. Effort is an internal force of a person which makes him or her to work willingly when employees are satisfied with their job and their needs are met, they develop an attachment to work or we say that they make an effort to perform better but increased effort results in better performances. Attainment of a high level performance through productivity and efficiency has always been an organization’s goal of high priority. In order to do that, highly satisfied work force is an absolute necessity, but when employees feel dissatisfied with the nature of job they do, their level of commitment could be deliberately reduced and since employees are the engine room of an organization, their dissatisfaction with the nature of job they do could pose a threat to the overall performance of the organization. A dissatisfied employee tends to have a low morale towards the job and when employees’ morale to the job is low, their performance could be affected.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Job satisfaction is a significant factor in people’s performance at the work place and it influences employee contribution to organization effectiveness and efficiency and therefore, employee perception on the general working environment of their employer is an important step in the realization of organizations objectives. The more a person is satisfied to his or her work, the more likely to find ways of coping, but it has been observed that many employees in Nigeria do not get any feeling of fulfilment or enjoyment from their jobs, this is mostly because of the workload, their boss or the interest of the employee, due to this the employee may not be able to perform as expected. Many employers treat most of their employees like slaves it has been recorded so many times of employers maltreating their employees and also threaten to sack them but due to the problem of unemployment the employee has no option than to endure the torture, it is therefore the aim of this research to find out the impact of job satisfaction on employee performance in De-United Foods Industry (manufacturers of Indomie).
1.3 Objective of the Study
The main objective of this study is to find out the impact of optimal job satisfaction on effective employee performance in De-United Food Industries, specifically the study intends to;
- Find out and analyze the impact of optimal job satisfaction on employee job satisfaction
- Find out the factors that influence job satisfaction of an employee
- Investigate the effect of employee job satisfaction on organization productivity
1.4 Research Question
- Is there any impact of optimal job satisfaction on employee job satisfaction?
- What are factors that influence job satisfaction of an employee?
- Optimal Working Conditions
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Workload and Stress Level
- Respect from Co-Workers
- Relationship with Superiors
- Financial Rewards.
- What is the effect of employee job satisfaction on organization productivity?
- Reduces employees turnover
- Improves employees commitment
- Enhances organizational profitability
- Promotes organizational efficiency
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Ho: there is no impact of optimal job satisfaction on employee job satisfaction
Hi: there is no impact of optimal job satisfaction on employee job satisfaction
1.6 Significance of the Study
This study is significant because it will add to the existing body of literature in this areas. It is also significant because it would provide information on the trend and journey so far in the management of Government Owned Enterprises and private organizations. The results of the study will be discerning as it will reveal how much job satisfaction is obtainable in the as well as how these have affected employee productivity in the organizations.
This study will also be useful to economists, management practitioners, students and the general public because it will provide direction on the way forward. The recommendations will useful because they will serve as advice to the CEOs and management of different organizations on what ought to be the appropriate relationship between government and the businesses.
1.7 Scope of the Study
This research work will be conducted in De-United Food Industry Limited (DUFIL) the manufacturers of Indomie in Ado-Odo Otta, LGA, this research work will therefore examine the concepts of job satisfaction and how it affects employee satisfaction in DUFIL.
1.8 Delimitation of the Study
Finance for the general research work will be a challenge during the course of study. Correspondents also might not be able to complete or willing to submit the questionnaires given to them.
However, it is believed that these constraints will be worked on by making the best use of the available materials and spending more than the necessary time in the research work. Therefore, it is strongly believed that despite these constraint, its effect on this research report will be minimal, thus, making the objective and significance of the study achievable.
1.9 Definition of Terms
A feeling of fulfillment or enjoyment that an employee derives from their job.
The job related activities expected of a worker and how well those activities were executed.
1.10 Organization of the Study
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows.
- Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study.
- Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature.
- Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study.
- Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding.
- Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
Summary, Conclusions and Recommendations:
This chapter summarizes the findings on the impact of optimal job satisfaction on effective employee performance in De-United Food Industries, Ado-Odo Otta, LGA of Ogun State. The chapter consists of summary of the study, conclusions, and recommendations.
5.2 Summary of the Study
In this study, our focus was on the impact of optimal job satisfaction on effective employee performance in De-United Food Industries, Ado-Odo Otta, LGA of Ogun State.The study is was specifically carried out to find out and analyze the impact of optimal job satisfaction on employee job satisfaction, find out the factors that influence job satisfaction of an employee, and investigate the effect of employee job satisfaction on organization productivity.
The study adopted the survey research design and randomly enrolled participants in the study. A total of 50 responses were validated from the enrolled participants where all respondent were employees of De-United Food Industries, in Ado-Odo Otta, LGA of Ogun State.
Based on the findings of this study, the researcher concluded that;
- There is a impact of optimal job satisfaction on employee job satisfaction.
- The factors that influences job satisfaction of an employee include; optimal working conditions, opportunity for advancement, workload and stress level, respect from co-workers, relationship with superiors, and financial rewards.
- The effect of employee job satisfaction on organization productivity include; reduces employees turnover, improves employees commitment, enhances organizational profitability, and promotes organizational efficiency.
Based on the responses obtained, the researcher proffers the following recommendations:
- Managers should focus on improving on aspects of communication, knowledge sharing, collaboration and peer relationship. This can be done by ensuring communication is done effectively, creating avenues for employees to share knowledge, encouraging a collaborative environment and creating avenues for peers to build stronger relationships.
- Practitioners and managers need not focus on organizational perception factors when working on ways to improve employee job satisfaction.
- The management of organizations needs to ensure that employee turnover, customer feedback/quality of customer service, employees’ feedback and Performance appraisal meets the expectation of the employees. They need to enhance the working environment of the workers. The management need to come up with ways of empowering the employees so as to enhance their job satisfaction. Organizational policy should be improved to suit the staffs. Good relationship with coworkers and supervisors need to be encouraged. Organizational systems and processes need to be developed and improved in consideration of the employees.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Impact Of Optimal Job Satisfaction On Effective Employee Performance
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
List of Related Works
Frequently Asked Questions
Does job satisfaction affect job performance?
The job satisfaction of employees could lead to better job performance, factors that affect the job performance as well as recommendations to improve the employee’s job performance.
How to improve employee satisfaction?
Job satisfaction. Here are strategies for improving your workforce’s job satisfaction: Measure satisfaction. Hold individual meetings with your employees periodically to gauge the motivation they have to work their current position. When you get a response from the employee, you have a better idea what their motivations are and how to build on them.