The Impact Of Motivation On The Productivity Of Workers (A Case Study Of National Population Commission Enugu Headquarters)
The research on IMPACT OF MOTIVATION ON THE PRODUTIVITY OF WORKERS with references to NATIONAL POPULATIO COMMISSION (NPC) ENUGU HEARDQUARTER as my case study was intended to determine the effect of motivation on the performance of workers in national population commission (NPC). In conducting the research there fore reference was made to research including some related literature. Furthermore, questionnaire end interview methods were extensively employed to gather the necessary data for the study. These were supported with forms of collecting data such as personal observation. After collection of data tables and charts were used to present, analysis that Npc ministries healthy and applandable welfare sonic like the staff canteen. Coupled with other maturational variable, which help to propel workers to perform their duties efficiently and effectively. It was also discover during the course of this study that NPC Enugu was owed arias of salary since 2001. Based on the findings condition were drawn including recommendations for improvement.
Table Of Contents
- Title page i
- Certification page ii
- Dedication iii
- Acknowledgement iv
- Abstract v
- Table of content
- 1.1 Background to the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 The objective of the study
- 1.4 Scope of or delineations of the study
- 1.5 Research question
- 1.6 Significance of the study / rational of study
- 1.0 Revision of literature
- 2.1 Meaning /definition of motivation
- 2.2 Types of motivation
- 2.3 Motivation tools
- 2.4 Importance of motivation
- 2.5 Theories of motivation
- 2.6 Summary of related literature reviewed
- Research methodology
- 3.1 Research design
- 3.2 Area of study
- 3.3 Population of the study
- 3.4 Sample and sampling proceeded
- 3.5 Instrument for data collection
- 3.6 Validity /reliability of the research instrument
- 3.7 Method of administration of research instrument
- 3.8 Method of data analysis
- 4.0 Data presentation and result
- 4.1 Summary of result / finding
- 5.0 Discussion, Implication, Recommendation.
- 5.1 Discussion of result
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Implication of the result
- 5.4 Recommendations
- 5.5 Suggestions for further research
- 5.6 Limitation of the study
- A. Letter of introduction
- B. The survey questionnaire
List Of Tables
- Response on the research question to determine whether workers feel happy working with national population commission (NPC) Enugu head quarters
- Respondents opinion on way they like working with national population commission (NPC)
- Respondents view of their membership of trade union organization in the office of national population commission (NPC) Enugu head quarters
- Responses to the research question on what workers what management to do for them
- Respondents’ opinion on how efforts at work are been rewarded in the National Population Commission (NPC) Enugu head quarters.
1.1 Background Of Study
National population commission was formerly known as national population board/it was inaugurated by military regime on April, 22 1988 with a three ijeur mandate to conduct a national census. The inauguration ceremony was performed by the former vice- president, Admiral Augustus Aikhomu. The commission had alhaji shehu musa as a chairman. After the inaugurations and mandate national population commission was assigned the responsibility of enumerating the nations population periodically – through census and sample survey among other function there staff are made up professional expertise of demographers, statisticians, public relation practitioners, contograhens and computer experts put together to make a success of a head count. The national population commission (NPC) is a corporate body with perpetual success it operates like an independent ministry of the federal government with the chairman as the chiey executive- it reports directly to the president and enjoys autonomy on census related matters.
1991 census was conducted and the figure according to 1991census was about 88.9m for the nation. Hence national population commission (NPC) Enugu state headquarters had the following function to perform and this was applicable to every other NPC office through out the 36 state of the federation the functions one as follow. a) Undertake the enumeration of the population of Nigeria periodically through census, sample survey or other wise. b) Establish and maintain machinery for continuous and universal registration of birth and death through out the federation c) prepare and maintain a national frame work for delineation exercise for census and sample surveys, d) collect collate and publish data on migration statistics, e) research and monitor the national population policy and set up a national population data bank, f) arrange for the appointment and training of enumerators and all other categories of staff of the commission, g) provide information and data on population for purpose of facilitating national planning and economic development, h) advice the federal government on any population and related programmers and problem. Etc
1.2 Statement Of Problem
Productivity was the underlying impetus of the federal government resolve to undertake the police of some public corporation. Non- chilling attitude to work contributed to low productivity output and this study affected our economy –for the purpose of this study, it is weak because the management staff one weak as well, they have not fully utilized the tool of motivation to improve the efficiency and productivity of the work force. The management staff are having difficult times in coping with employees ignoble attitudes of lateness work as mentioned earlier, informal relationships with visitors and staff during official homes of work, leaving official post without permission to attend to other personal business engagement, international misplacement or permanent loss of personal file for dubious motives-mutilation and impropriation of account, carrying out personal works and sale of personal items in offices low out due to non- chalet attitude to work removal of official document blue pint files and drawings and making same available to external bodies in exchange of money, destruction of office equipment.
There is irregularity payment of salaries non provision of certain basic staff welfare services like free medical services transportation, and abandonment of social responsibilities and monthly deduction of money from work salaries in name of transporting accountant to Abuja before salaries could be payed to workers. And other motivation variable by the management of national population commission Enugu head office. There lay credence to kludge’s opinion that “it is lack of motivation on the part of management that brings inefficiency and productivity hence the title-of this study, impact of motivation on the productivity of workers in national population commission (NPC) Enugu headquarter.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
The following objectives are set by the research to admirer
- To investigate the reason for employee unhappiness at work
- To find out why employees show little interest in management policies and programmers.
- To find out the reasons for employee non- challent attitudes towards the want on damage to and lose of offices equipment.
- To investigate the effect of motivation on workers productivity in the national population commission Eungu headquarters.
1.4 Research Questions
- What are the problems of national population commission interims of motivation?
- To what extent has the motivation tools applies improved the programmer of the establishment?
- What are the after effects of the motivation to national population workers?
- How has motivation change the attitudes of staff in the performance of their duty?
1.5 Significance / Rational Of Study
The finding of this study would certainty be useful to management in the office of motivation population commission Enugu headquarter. These in private sector economy would also evadible themselves of the study as a guide to the formulation of policies relation to employee welfare. The research work would also provide a database for future research in employee motivation and would also be useful addition to the motivation already existing in the library. The study would also be of immense significances to the readies will be able to realize the importance of motivation in an organization and how it helps the production of employee in the private and public organization.
The research of work would also help the management in formulation of strategies of their employee thereby making them more productive. Improvement in productivity is the focal point of this study and this hinges on the level of motivation workforce. To the government generally, this research work would assist them in for-casting and periodically reviewing their various policies and plans as they affect the moral upliftment of the entire work force for effective utilization. The concept “motivation “ as a management technique for increased productivity has for so many years generated extensive discussions, research and arguments. Nevertheless, it still holds universally, that provision of motivation devices to employee could guarantee lasting organization harmony and high productivity.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Impact Of Motivation On The Productivity Of Workers (A Case Study Of National Population Commission Enugu Headquarters)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply