The Impact Of Mobile Telephone In The Development Of Small Scale Business In Owerri Metropolis
The basic aim of any business is to make profit in the most effective and efficient way. These profit motive is what makes the business enterprise to work had in order to achieve his objectives. Profit is a major target of any business and no business can survive without profit.
This research project has its main focus on the impact of mobile telephone in business development in Owerri. As there exist no business without adequate information that communication should be encourageous in order to have a high performance in business.
In this view our advice is that means of communication should be available in order to develop our business. In this very research project a questionnaire was given out to know the response of people on the effect on mobile telephone in business development many responded that the introduction of mobile telephone affected their business development positively. While some insisted that the introduction of mobile telephone affected their business development negatively.
In trying to achieve these objectives, the method used in this research draw much from both primary and secondary source of data. Simple percentage was used in presentation of the data, while chi-square was used to analyze the data. The following findings were made from the study; the introduction of mobile telephone has not affected the business development.
Mobile telephone as a necessity, mobile telephones have a positive effect and negative effect etc.Subsequently, in order to consolidate on the success of mobile telephone so far recorded, the study recommended that the Federal Government in collaboration with the corporate affair commission (C.A.C) should make sure that every business enterprises must have a strong means of communication like mobile telephone.
Table Of Contents
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the Problem
- 1.3 Purpose of the Study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Significance of the Study
- 1.6 Scope of the Study
Review of Related Literature
- 2.1 The Concept of Mobile Telephone
- 2.2 The Role of Mobile Telephone in Business Development
- 2.3 The Various Ways of Acquiring Mobile Telephone
- 2.4 Demerits of Mobile Telephone
- 2.5 Impact of Mobile Telephone in the Development of Small Scale Business in Owerri Metropolis
- 2.6 Summary of Literature Reviewed
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Design of the Study
- 3.2 Area of the Study
- 3.3 Population of the Study
- 3.4 Sample and Sampling Technique
- 3.5 Instrument Used For Data Collection
- 3.6 Method of Data Collection
- 3.7 Method of Data Analysis
4.0 Data Representation and Analysis
- 4.1 Response Rate to Questionnaire
- 4.2 Data Presentation
5.0 Summary of Finding, Conclusion and Recommendation.
- 5.1 Summary Of Findings
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendations
1.1 Background to the Study
According to the concept of management, business management provides people in the whole world with a general background to the elements and characteristics of business. Regardless of the educational goal of a person be it in accounting, finance, business marketing, engineering, art etc. There is every certainty that he will end up in having some close connection with business therefore, Independent observers may classify such Institutions. Independently owned business such as patrol services station, restaurant etc.
Business could be classified into the following industries:
- Retailing Industries
- Wholesaling and services Industries
- Manufacturing and services Industries
- Non project public enterprises.
Most of these Industries do one important thing providing the needs of the society. The needs of the society have gone much further than the basic needs of food, clothing and shelter. Our needs are complex therefore, complex business Institution are needed to fulfill the needs of the society. The Individual in the society decides what enterprise makes effort to fulfill such needs.
Our approach in the study of business course is to provide an instant into how business is one entity and the consumers are another entity both needing to work together to make their ambitions become a reality, any individual business under Nigerian system has two major objectives which is services and project. These objectives apply whether the business is a mammoth organization as the general motors in America the largest world single business enterprise providing employment for 728,000 men and women throughout the world or a small neighborhood grocery store at sure leer Lagos. Every business must satisfy human wants if it is to continue to exist.
The primary objective of a corporation is service, if service is given, profit will flow (RALPHC).It is wise for us to know through this study that the mobile telephone that is commonly used among business enterprises in Owerri metropolises is known as global system, for mobile communication (GSM).
It is on this note that the researcher has the intention of knowing how business enterprises sees the effect of mobile telephone on these issue and many others hinge the motive of this study. The researcher has not been encouraged by the answer of existing Indigenous literature on these issues. However, he made effort to proceed, if only Nigerians will believe that the effect of this study will have tar-reaching and positive impact if accepted and implemented.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The major problems the researcher wish to identity and pose to solve in this study are:
- The bad attitude from people using mobile telephone
- Problems created by the introduction of mobile telephone in the society that is the evaluation of the positive and negative impact on the part of business
- Wrong ways of acquiring mobile telephone
- Unsatisfied services by the companies rendering the services.
- Wrong ways of using mobile telephone by drivers while driving.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The major aim of this study was to find out the impact of mobile telephone in the development of small scale business in Owerri metropolis specifically, the study attempted to:
- Examine the concept of mobile telephone
- Identify the role of mobile telephone in business development
- Examine the various wrong ways of acquiring mobile telephone
- Identify the merits and demerits of mobile telephone.
- Evaluate the impact of mobile telephone in the development of small scale business in Owerri metropolises.
1.4 Research Questions
For us to find solution to the problems, we will make use of various research questions.
- What are the concept of mobile telephone
- What are the roles mobile telephone play in business development?
- What are the various wrong ways of acquiring mobile telephone?
- What are the merits and demerits of mobile telephone
- How can mobile telephone have impact in the development of small scale business in Owerri metropolis
1.5 Significance of the Study
The significance of this work can not be overlooked, since it emphasis on the impact of mobile telephone in the development of small scale business. It will enable the researcher to add his little contribution towards the consumption of mobile telephone. It will help the public to know the impact of mobile telephone. It will also help the reader to be on the better position to say what mobile telephone is all about.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study is focused on the impact of mobile telephone in the development of small scale business in Owerri metropolis. It therefore includes psychological concepts such as motivation, learning and prejudice
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendations
In this study, the researcher has attempted a fair performance evaluation of the “impact of mobile telephone in business development in Owerri. Through this, the researcher considered the effort which mobile telephone have merely so far to increase the communication standard of this country Nigeria.
Therefore, the use of mobile telephone in business transaction is very necessary for business development. Some literatures and data were reviewed and analyzed findings were gotten in respect to the various problems and benefit of the understudy. These findings will be enumerated clearly in this chapter and necessary recommendation given.
5.1 Summary Of Findings
- The first finding from the project is that the introduction of mobile telephone has led to the rapid growth of many business enterprises
- The second finding from this project 15 that the introduction of mobile telephone has an impact on individuals.
- The third finding is that a lot of problems are experienced by making use of mobile phone, like making or answering calls while driving which causes accident.
- The last finding from this project is that mobile telephone encourages crime. As some people discourage it, others see it as a necessity
Mobile telephone is a communication device that people use in communication both national and international, it is one of those economic ideals that remind us of the disparate, to be firm with policies without displine and transparency most social uplifting dreams can not be reached
The aim of this study therefore is centered on the impact of mobile telephone in the development of small scale business in Owerri metropolis, how mobile phone help to develop business and how it is seen as the mechanism for easy communication.
Finally, this project has solved the problems to which it was set out to solve in this regard, the hypothesis was tested and response to the researcher questions was gotten.
The study proved that the introduction of mobile telephone has affected the business development positively and to some negatively.
While some individual users see it as a mechanism for easy communication and also a necessity.
The essence of every work is to bring to bore the hidden facts about a particular proposed and to recommend better ways of doing something wither to do. This work through its findings her m made recommendation like.
- Motorist who must make or receive phone call, while driving must park as users of a hand free also stand the risk of being distracted and automatically getting involved in road accident.
- Relevant agencies like the federal road safety corps and the Nigerian police should five tune its public education enlightenment campaigns in road traffic accident implication of using cell phones while driving. The general public should be sensitized on the alternatives of their very disposals.
- No communication, no business so infant business enterprises should understand that the only way forward in business is to have a useful information within and outside the business environment.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria in Collaboration with the corporate Affair commission (C.A.C) should make sure that every business enterprises must5 have a strong communication system like mobile telephone.
The Impact Of Mobile Telephone In The Development Of Small Scale Business In Owerri Metropolis
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Impact Of Mobile Telephone In The Development Of Small Scale Business In Owerri Metropolis
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “The Impact Of Mobile Telephone In The Development Of Small Scale Business In Owerri Metropolis” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Impact Of Mobile Telephone In The Development Of Small Scale Business In Owerri Metropolis” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.