Impact Of Leadership Style In Organizational Growth And Development
This study examined Impact of Leadership Style in Organizational Growth and Development.. The main objective was to examine the impact of leadership styles on the performance in organizational growth. The study adopted the descriptive survey design using percentages and chi-square (X2¬) on hypothesis and question formulated. The study revealed that good leadership style enhances employee morale and that there is what is known as participatory leadership style of management where both employees and employers take decisions that have positive impact on the growth of the organization and good welfare facilities for the employee. The study therefore recommends that organization should create opportunity for workers training and development and leaders should show equity and fairness in dealing with employee. Finally the study recommends that organizations use the leadership style that enhances the capabilities and abilities of the people.
Table of Content
- Title Page
- Table of Content
- List of Tables
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 Objective of the study
- 1.4 Research Question
- 1.5 Research Hypothesis
- 1.6 Significance of the study
- 1.7 Scope of the study
- 1.8 Limitation of the study
- 1.9 Definition of Terms
Review of Literature
- 2.1 Conceptual Review
- 2.2 Theoretical Framework
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research Design
- 3.3 Population of the study
- 3.4 Sample size determination
- 3.5 Sample size selection technique and procedure
- 3.6 Research Instrument and Administration
- 3.7 Method of data collection
- 3.8 Method of data analysis
- 3.9 Validity of the Study
- 3.10 Reliability of the study
- 3.11 Ethical Consideration
Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.1 Data Presentation
- 4.2 Descriptive Analysis
- 4.3 Inferential Statistics
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
1.1 Background to the Study
Leadership is one concept that has continued to evolve in successful relationship between groups and the society at large. The ability of an organization to achieve its objectives depends on the direct induced of an organization. Organization exists in order to render services in the society for the benefits of mankind, people need to be employed in the organization to be directed towards the realization of the organizational goals are leader. He needs to be articulated to co-ordinate the affairs of the people and organization.
In fact, the leaders ensure that the behaviours of the subordinate is directed towards the realization of the goal of the organization. This can only do by providing an enabling environment for the subordinate to achieved their needs. Good leadership can energize and motivate their subordinate to enhance their performance. There is no genuine saying that leadership is control to all activities in an organization. This study looks at the impact of leadership style in organization growth and development.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Many industries today, whether profit-oriented or social depend on how well they are being managed and controlled. Workers are difficult to manage and leading them effectively presents a tremendous challenge. Good leadership entails getting the best performance from their subordinates leadership should direct the behaviour of their subordinates towards the realization of the organizations objectives. This can be done by providing the subordinate with basic needs. Workers with optimize their performance in the organization. However, it is not worthy that must leaders do not often motivate their subordinate in organization lack; the charismatic leadership style to manage and direct the affairs of employees in the organization for an in-depth study.
1.3 Research Questions
The research has adopted the following research question for the study.
- Does the leadership style adopted by the leaders motivate the subordinates towards performance?
- Does workers perception of their leaders motivate them toward better performance?
- Does workers satisfaction with boss leadership style increase organizational growth?
- Does your satisfaction with your leadership style promote staff development and training in the organizational growth?
1.4 Objectives of the Study
The concept of leadership is prevalent in most literature of management. This is so because it has attracted many export in management science. This research will also contributes tremendously to the growing literature in the field primarily, this study will achieve the following purposes:
- To enhance people’s understanding of leadership as an important concept in organizational behaviour and management
- To look at the various problems by leaders in organizational and suggest ways to resolve such problems
- To look at the relationship between leadership style and workers performance.
- To look at the relationship between leadership style and workers performance.
- To examine the quality of leader needed in the organization.
1.5 Statement of the Hypotheses
- The leadership style adopted by the leaders motivates the subordinates towards performance.
- Workers perception of their leaders motivates them toward better performance.
- Workers satisfaction with boss leadership style increase organizational growth.
1.6 Scope of the Study
Leadership is a common phenomenon in organization. The study is an explanatory research involving the activities of their member. This study which is explanatory is designed to investigate on the leadership style in organizational growth and development. In order to achieve the designed objective, the research critically examines the concept of leadership, sources of leadership power, leadership and leadership styles.
1.7 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study can be subordinated into two broad categories namely: theoretical significance and practical significance.
1) Theoretical Significance:
This study can be used to explain the relationship between leadership process and workers performance in the organization. The study can also help to generate other researcher interest generated by the study can lead to more researchers on relationship between leadership process and workers performance. The study can enrich literature on the leadership and enhance peoples understanding of the concept.
2) Practical Significance:
This study will be useful to the organization. The management of a can use the finding and recommendation of the study to improve the qualities of it organization leadership for the purpose of the subordinate performance. Other organization not included in this study can also draws vital lessons from the findings and recommendation of the study in improving the leader subordinate relationship in the organization.
1.8 Limitations of the Study
In the course of this study the problem encountered by the researcher was the attitude of the respondents was skeptical of the researchers intention and refused to co-operate. Finally there was one problem of finance, the finance the researcher has a student was inadequate to meet the requirements of the project, in doing this research, the researcher adopted some technical terms for a clear understanding of the terms by its potentials users.
1.9 Operational Definition of Terms
The following terms are defined as they are used in this study:
One who directs the behaviour of other group members and gives instruction on how a task is to be done.
A process whereby a person in directing and influencing people towards realization to the organizations goals.
A person who is working under someone else or inferior in the official hierarchy
This is the aim and objectives of an organization or individual
This is the ability of a person’s to make other do what one want them to do
This is the way the people view things in the organization
This is the structured process in which people have interest for objectives
This refers to a person contentment with his job what be get in the organization.
This is the process of planning, directing, controlling and coordinating human and material resources in order to achieve the organizational goal. Stephen (2009).
Is the process of getting work done by a worker through reward, the wages paid to an employee by an employer is called reward. The work done by an employee is amount to the reward (wage) paid by the employee of the labour.
This is an individual that does not possess their required skills or special training in an organization.
Is an individual that posses or demonstrate the accomplished skills of special training required in an organization.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
The main focus of this study is to examine the impact of leadership style in organizational growth and development using Dataplus Interactive F.C.T Abuja as case study. The study further ascertained that if the leadership style adopted by a boss in organization motivates the subordinate to perform better.
The study adopted a survey research design and with the aid of convenience sampling method, the researcher selcted 36 participant who are staff of DataPlus Interactive Limited was selected for the study. Self-Structured questionnaire was issued to the respondent of which 30 was retrieved and validated for the study. Data was analyzed in Simple percentage using frequencies and tables. Hypothesis test was conducted using Chi-Square Statistical tool (spss v.23).
The role of leadership in an organization is crucial in terms of creating a vision, mission, determination and establishment of objectives, designing strategies, policies, and methods to achieve the organizational objectives effectively and efficiently along with directing and coordinating the efforts and organizational activities. Top quality leadership is essential to achieve the mission and vision along with coping with the changes occurring in the external environment. Findings from the study, the following conclusions were drawn:
- A worker’s satisfaction with his/her boss leadership style will lead to effective performance.
- Leadership geared towards the needs of employees will motivate them to perform.
- Workers perception of their leadership fairness in dealing with subordinates will lead to higher performance.
- Leadership style that allow workers to participate in decision affecting them will lead them to higher performance.
Based on the responses obtained, the researcher proffers the following recommendations:
- Leaders should be carefully chosen in an organizational set up and they must be sent on training to update their knowledge and skills.
- Information concerning the responsibilities of the employees should be promptly and clearly communicated to them so that they will be better placed to discharge their duties effectively and efficiently.
- Organization should create opportunity for workers training and development and leaders should show equity and fairness in dealing with employee.
- That leadership style is one of the tools used in attainment of organizational goals and objectives, therefore every organization should as issue of importance, ensure of getting the right leader that will man their organization; in order to achieve their set goals/objectives.
- Rewarding employee performance is also recommended to the three transport companies, as it enhances workers moral and spur them to increase their input in the company.
How To Get The Complete Material For “Impact Of Leadership Style In Organizational Growth And Development“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Impact Of Leadership Style In Organizational Growth And Development
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
Need a Different Topic? Perform a Quick Search