The Impact Of Job Satisfaction On Sales Team Productivity
This study was carried out to assess the impact of job satisfaction on sales team productivity using Ecobank Nigeria Plc. This research work on the population on the study was limited to the sales team of Eco Bank Nigeria Plc. A standard sampling technique was used in selecting staff from the four zones in which the Bank were located. The sources of data collection in this research work were mainly primary and secondary collection. Primary sources of data collection exclusively made use of questionnaire in gathering information from the staff of the bank. To determine the total score of each question, item, the responses were scored and computed in tables and figures and were finally summarized using the simple table and percentage method. The above finding in the course of the study shows that job satisfaction of sales team productivity in EcoBank Nigeria Plc is highly dissatisfactory. The study concluded that job satisfaction is one of the major sources of motivation in our society. Job satisfaction is the most important item in any collective bargaining. It was recommended that all staff must be provided with adequate accommodation. In the hierarchy of needs the needs for shelter is important therefore the organization must make provision for comfortable accommodation
Table Of Content
- Table of Content
- 1.1 Background of the Study
- 1.2 Purpose of the Study
- 1.3 Statement of the problems
- 1.4 Research Question
- 1.5 Scope of the Study
- 1.6 Significance of the Study
2.0 Review of Related Literature
- 2.1 The Concept of Job Satisfaction
- 2.2 The Concept of Productivity
- 2.3 Measurement of Job Satisfaction
- 2.4 Determinants of Job Satisfaction
- 2.5 Job satisfaction, Absenteeism and Turnover Job Satisfaction
- 2.6 Empirical Studies on Effects of Job Satisfaction on Productivity
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Research Design
- 3.2 Population of the Study
- 3.3 Sample Size of the Study
- 3.4 Source of Data
- 3.5 Method of Data Analysis
4.0 Presentation and Analysis
- 4.1 Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.2 Data Analysis
- 4.3 Summary of Findings
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
1.1 Background Of The Study
In recent years job satisfaction has received a great deal of attention from economists and policy makers. Traditionally, economist has distributed the use of subjective and attitudinal variables, but early papers established that job satisfaction was a related to a number of objective. Job features and was able to predict consequences such as observation and quits.
In today’s corporate organization, productivity is the most concern area which is yet to reach its required volume. Several research has been taken to find out reason behind this, and the result shown was the job satisfaction is the important dependant variable to productivity. This focuses attention on how to improve satisfaction of an individual towards their jobs.
One of the leading challenges in management has been implementing effective human development strategies to enhance organizational performance and accountability. As a result of the emphasis on performance, researchers in human resource management have stressed effective human resource strategies such as job satisfaction, team empowerment, participate management and strategic planning. This study determines the impact of job satisfaction on employee’s productivity. Since very insufficient work is done on this area in Pakistan due to limited data availability. One could find many research studies on this subject but when we discuss Pakistan organization area at the deep end of the research resources.
The fact that employees of organization are becoming key to strategic decision making seems reasonably indisputable ever In bank sector. In bank setting human resources department is still facing a challenge to prove its added value to the organizations performance. They are, however baffling to justify the reasons for their existence in organization. The believe that satisfied employee are more productive than dissatisfied employee has a basic tort among managers from years. Although much evidence question that assumed causal relationship, it can be urged advanced societies should be concerned without only the quality of life i.e. concern such as higher productivity and material acquisition but also with its quality. They urge organization to have a responsibility to provides employees with jobs that are challenging and intrinsically rewarding.
1.2 Purpose Of The Study
Basically, this research work intends to achieve the following objectives:
- To examine the relation between job satisfaction and customer satisfaction.
- To enhance better understanding between employees and employers in an organization.
- To examine the relationship between job satisfaction and employees productivity.
- To ensure employees to understand his responsibility on job satisfaction.
- To identify other factors apart from job satisfaction that result in increase in employee’s productivity.
1.3 Statement Of The Problem
Having realized that all business firms have pre-set goals and objectives which is to satisfy the needs of the society at minimum cost and maximize profit. To do these is need to motivate it’s workers to put in the best, but this is not the reality in Eco Bank Plc. Because there are many problems which employees of the bank faced. The employees are not well motivated a d a result of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) examine some bank, there’s fear for job loss subsequently decrease productivity. The study point out the problems which organization encounter if there is no impact of job satisfaction on employee’s productivity.
- If there is no impact on job satisfaction on employee productivity, the business may not expand or grow.
- Small banks may collapse, if there is no impact of job satisfaction on employee productivity.
- If there is no impact on job satisfaction on employee productivity it may lead to low of goods.
1.4 Research Question
The magnitude of salary and other entitled packages greatly determines the level of ob satisfaction of an employee. It also greatly affects the morale and attitude towards delegated duties and hence the employee’s productivity, and furthermore on employee’s impact towards customers satisfaction. Since job satisfaction employee productivity and customers satisfaction are intertwined, this gives rise to the research questioned which are under listed
- What other factors apart from job satisfaction affect improve employee’s productivity?
- To what extent does job satisfaction result satisfy?
- To what extent does job satisfaction improve employee’s productivity?
1.5 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this study is limited to the aspect of impact of job satisfaction on sales team productivity to make an effort to study the job satisfaction level among employee of bank sector in Eco bank Nigeria Plc.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
This write up would be of great benefit to the organization manager and student taking business administration and management as a field of study. – It will help manager of the bank to know how best to Induce their subordinate so that they can strive willingly towards achieving organizational goals. These research work will be useful to all organization towards attaining optimal performance of it’s employees with minimum cost. Finally, to student it is believed that it will widen their knowledge in the field of study.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
This chapter is to summarize the whole work of the research on the topic “impact of job satisfaction on sales team productivity”. The aim of this research work is to improve productivity in an organization and find out how job satisfaction has energize workers to strive willing towards the achievement the organization goal. However, in the finding of EcoBank Nigeria plc, Challenge, Kwara State employed piece wage rate, time wage rate, premium bonus method in the organization in order to improve the performance of personnel morale in the organization. This is to enable personnel to be satisfied with their job. In this return it will enable the company to maximize profit as well as improve personnel performance.
Job satisfaction is one of the major sources of motivation in our society. Job satisfaction is the most important item in any collective bargaining. Not only that, they also give rise to the greatest number of dispute. This arises due to the fact that job satisfaction determines the standard of living of workers. While to employer the wage bill often considerable item in the cost of production. Undoubtedly, job satisfaction has become one of the most important factors in management towards achieving the organization goals and objectives. It is the duty of management to provides for workers good condition of work, attractive. Job satisfaction and other things that will induce them to put in their best towards achieving the organizational set goals.
Mainly money or fund is regarded as the major motivator of human behaviour in the organizational selling. Money or fund is a means of satisfying many needs and want. This fact enable management to use it to obtain acceptance of direction and control. The research has been directed towards accessing the role job satisfaction play as motivation instrument in increasing workers productivity with reference to EcoBank Nigeria plc. Attempt was made to collect primary data through the administration of questionnaire and his information was supplement by published literature on the subject matter.
All in the view expressed by various authors and scholar on analysis of job satisfaction on employee performance. Maslow Hierarchy of needs theory states that people are motivated by five kinds of needs, esteem. Love, physiological selling and self actualization knowing people needs help management to meet them. In a nutshell, despite the desirability of motivational system, the motivational tool in EcoBank plc is money or fund rewards. Monetary incentive alone cannot stimulate employee and even they do, they do to a certain point beyond these point. It become necessary for the management should use other stimulant
The researcher after making a brief summary and conclusion hereby wish to make the following recommendation:
- All staff must be provided with adequate accommodation. In the hierarchy of needs the needs for shelter is important therefore the organization must make provision for comfortable accommodation
- Secondly, meal subsidy or meal ticket: This provision can be made to workers during break time at staff canteen so that workers can take their lunch at subsidy rate. V
- Thirdly, give gift to workers at the end of the year to appreciate their performance present should be given to workers who perform wonderfully so as to encourage them to do better in the coming year.
- Fourthly, the company should give car loan and motor-cycle to staff base on their salary scale and ability to pay back. More so, payment of pension and gratuity to lay off staff, this is to encourage other staff that V there is future to embark on when they finally leave the service of the company.
- Lastly, they should be given paid leave. The organization should be able to give the employee chance to travel to anywhere of their choice
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Impact Of Job Satisfaction On Sales Team Productivity
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply