The Impact Of Internet Software Packages To The Modern Secretary
This study is aimed at investigating the impact of the internet software packages to the modern secretary with particular emphasis on three selected organization in Kaduna Metropolis. Four research questions were presented out of the objectives and established for the study. A review of related literature was embarked upon. The population and sample size of the study was 120, the instrument used for the collection of data was the questionnaire and researchers observation.
The question was designed for secretaries, executives and subordinate. A total of 120 copies of questionnaires were administered to the respondents and all the copies were returned for the analysis, four research questions were formulated to generate answer. Based on the data analyzed the findings, it was stated that the internet helps secretary to perform his/her function and duty effectively and efficiently in an organization.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Certification page
- Table of content
- 1.1 Background of the Study
- 1.2 Statement of the Problems
- 1.3 Purpose of the Study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Significance of the Study
- 1.6 Scope and Limitation of the Study
- 1.7 Definition of Terms
- 2.0 Introduction
- 2.1 The Background of Internet
- 2.2 Internet Resources
- 2.3 Internet Software Packages and Its Impact to Modern Secretary
- 2.4 Summary
- 3.0 Introduction
- 3.1 Research Design
- 3.2 Area of the Study
- 3.3 Population for the Study
- 3.3 Sample Size and Sampling Technique
- 3.5 Instruction for Data Collection
- 3.6 Validation of the Instrument
- 3.7 Method of Data Collection
Presentation And Analysis Of Data
- 4.0 Introduction
- 4.1 Analysis of Data
- 4.3 Major Findings
Summary, Conclusion And Recommendations
- 5.0 Introduction
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendations
1.1 Background of the Study
The internet began as an experiment by the United States department of defense in the 1960s to help scientist and researchers from widely diereses areas work together by sharing scarce and expensive computer and their files. This goals required the creation of a set of connected network that would act as a co-ordinate whole.
According to Mborun (2007) the internet an the world wide web and its development technology as we have it today are contribution of scientist student and researchers each contribution at different time as the need arises.
In July 199, Learnard Kleinrock of Massachusetts Institute to technology (M.I.T.) http//www.mit.edu. published the first paper on packet swathing which is a technology that breaks up data into bits to enable it travel trough witching commuter network. The idea of packet switching was to allow more users to send text message over computer network.
Then in 1992 JCR Licklider presented his idea about Galelcltic network. This involves a global collection of computer in a huge net work so that each one could acess the data and programmes of others. This earned MLiklier the headship of the Defence Academic Researcher projects Agency. His mission according to a report was to maintain its technological superiority over her enemies in the impending cold war. From then on the idea of network computer for information sharing became important.
Also between 1967 and 1969 Learnard Klerrock idea of packet switching and JCR Lcklider Defence Advance Research project agency network net was on and running of this brought about computer network, capable of sending and receiving packet. The base line of these introductory problems this makes us understand that the internet as we have it today was in the womb of the intelligence military exigencies. This however an internet communication system.
In the resulting internet the responsible of message routing was this spread throughout the network instead of being centered in one location by the early 90s past of the network had evolved in to the publicity assessable internet in large part the internet now over two decades old has grown in popularity because of the use of browser.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
In today business world organization are becoming increasing concerned with high productivity of its employers. In order for private and public business organizations to achieve these objectives. Business organization are being connected to internet resources for the effective performance of the secretary. The secretary had many things to offer more than being an assistance to an executive processing without direct supervision who display initiative exercise judgment and make decision within the scope of his/her authority. This task of a secretary being on many computer illiterate secretary it is worth mentioning that as more internet resource in the office are introduced the more demand for qualified computer literate secretary.
Employers need secretaries who are skilled and computer knowledge and knowledge in computer. There are hardly any advancement of secretaries that does not ask for computer literate.
But employers complain that it is difficult to find secretaries with the skill urgently need for business survival and growth. This limits the employed opportunities for some secretaries
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of the study is to find out the impact of internet software packages to the modern secretaries.
- To know the extent the internet had aid the efficiency and effectiveness of operations in an organization.
- To know how the internet software packages help in widening the scope and knowledge of the secretary.
- To ascertain how organizations benefit from the internet software package.
- To ascertain how relevant the internet software packages is to the modern secretary.
1.4 Research Questions
In order to make an implicit work and to help in the analysis of the impact of software packages to the modern secretaries the researchers frames these research questions base, of the objectives of the study.
- What extent has the internet aid the efficiency and effectiveness of operations in an organization?
- Has the internet help in widening the scope and knowledge of the secretary?
- How does the organization benefit from the internet?
- How relevant is the internet software packages to the secretary?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The study will be of great significance to the colleges of education, polytechnic and university which are the procedures of a secretary. It will enable it structure its programme to provide student with adequate need skills for good secretary of the 21stcentury.
It will help secretaries to know the latest internet packages available in the area of employment opportunities and reduce the employment problems on guaranteed secretaries it will also help employers to understand the competence of secretaries on graduation.
To help bring improving in productivity of the business organization as they connection to the internet world. It will also enable employers to design and packages an appropriate training progamme that will assist them to perform well on the job. Academicians and researchers who may wish to explore this area of study will further use it.
1.6 Scope and Limitation of the Study
This study was carried out on some selected organization in Kaduna Metropolis. The researchers decided to limit this study to the areas because of the travelling to other institution outside Kaduna and more importantly, the difficulty of combining the study with classwork.
1.7 Definition of Terms
The title bar displays the name of the software being in use an hours. The minimize, maximize and close buttons; it changes it title as you switch between web pages.
The menu bar displays all of the internet explorer menus, files edit view favourites tools and help with these you change your browser setting saves or print web pages and get help solving technical problem with the software.
The tool bar house all of the control button with which you navigate the net with these button you can g back or forward a page stop a page or reloading it, go back to your home page search the net or ad an address to your browser.
This is one important bar it is where key in the name of the websites address or internet destination that you want to go it will usually being with http//www although some time the www bit is not there most modern browser already have the http// sectin store by starting with www. It also has a packet (v) by it side the picker is used when you want to search for the site to visit.
Pull down menu:
Click this button and a cop down menu appears showing the address if the sites you can click any of these items act as short cuts and return you directly to the chosen site.
Click this once you have typed in a web address and you will go to that page. You can press the return key instead.
you use this to scroll up and down through pages of the web site by clicking and dragging it with your mouse.
The browser window contains the contents of the pages that you are looking at the middle of the window, and there will usually be links to other pages within that site or to other websites.
Some text or pictures on a web page are liked to relevant sites on the Net (the cursor, changes to appoint hand over link).
Summary, Conclusion And Recommendations
This chapter presents the summary of the work after which conclusions were drawn based on the findings.
Furthermore, the chapter contains the recommendations for improving the situation.
The impact of the internet software packages to the modern secretary research was made embark on the study.
Chapter one focuses on the background of the study, statement of the problems, purpose of the study, research question for the top management, middle management and lower management level. The significance of the study and definition of terms.
Chapter two, which is the literature review state the background of the internet, internet resources, internet application and the impact of internet software packages to the secretary. In which some of the application were mentioned and described as the use to the secretary.
Chapter three is the research methodology which covers the research design, area of the study, population of the study.
Sampling instrument used for the collection and analysis which questionnaire is being distributed to the three (3) organization.
Finally, chapter four (4) is the presentation and analysis of data of the question in which some variable were accepted and some rejected.
Base on the findings of the study, the following conclusions are made:
- The internet aids the efficiency and effectiveness of operation of the organisation. Due to the knowledge of internet software packages, modern secretaries are able to carryout their job more effectively and efficiently which has contributed immensely to the growth and operation of the organization today.
- Internet helps the secretaries to design and package the appropriate training program that will assist them to perform well in their job. It is very impossible for any secretary who does not have the knowledge of computer to perform well in the field of the secreatrialship in any organization which will definitely be set aback to that organization.
- The internet also widens the scope of knowledge of a secretary. The modern secretaries are of high knowledgeable people you will find in any organization today because of the wide scope of internet knowledge they have which enhances their job opportunity.
- Organizations benefits from the internet software packages. It helps the organization to get access to information on the net which improve the productivity and efficiency of business in the organization and it also enables the organization to meet up with the modern online business and communication.
- Finally, it enables the secretary to make travel arrangement and conduct business communication through the use of the internet.
In the light of the for-going findings and conclusions, it is hereby recommended that the following should be put into consideration:
- A secretary should always strive hard to update his/her knowledge to aid the efficiency and effectiveness of operation of the organization before the need may arise.
- A secretary should try as much as possible to know more about internet software packages to enable the organization to exchange information within and outside the organization.
- A modern secretary should put up his possible best in ensuring to reduce the risk of money transfer through the electronic commerce with the help and knowledge of internet software packages.
- All modern secretary is expected to compose and send letters or document within a short period of time through Microsoft Outlook Express, which is also among software packages in the internet.
The Impact Of Internet Software Packages To The Modern Secretary
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Impact Of Internet Software Packages To The Modern Secretary
You may also like:
This research material “The Impact Of Internet Software Packages To The Modern Secretary” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Impact Of Internet Software Packages To The Modern Secretary” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.