The Impact Of The Internet Services On Office Technology And Management Profession In Selected Business Organization In Enugu Metropolis, Enugu State.
The aim of this study is to find out the impact of internet services on Office Technology and Management Profession. This research covers the selected organization in Enugu Meropolis. In this research, the related literatures were reviewed.
The populations used for this study were thirty office managers which were picked from the selected organization in Enugu metropolis.
The instruments used for this study were questionnaires which were administered to office managers in few organizations in Enugu metropolises.
The data collection were analyzed and presented in tables.
Having analyzed the findings in the previous chapter and the results one find out was that, the internet is a helpful device to the office Technology and Management’s profession in Enugu metropolis.
In the light of the result, the researchers suggest that the office managers should be able to know the operational mode of the internet, since it is very important to their profession. And also, it will help the office managers to get needed training they required by giving them time after work..
Table Of Content
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of content
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 The objective of the study
- 1.4 Scope of the study
- 1.5 Research questions
2.0 Review of Related Literature
- 2.1 The meaning and purpose of the internet
- 2.2 The effect of internet on the office managers
- 2.3 Record keeping
- 2.4 Enhancing the office manager through the internet
- 2.5 Summary of related literature
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Design of the study
- 3.2 The population of the study
- 3.3 The sample size
- 3.4 Instrument of the study
- 3.5 Method of data collection
- 3.6 Procedure for data analysis
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
5.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusions and Recommendations
- 5.1 Restatement of the problem
- 5.2 Summary of findings
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendations
- 5.5 Suggestions for further research
- 5.6 Limitation of the study
- Appendix A
- Appendix B (questionnaire)
1.1 Background Of The Study
The country if not the whole world is on the immense of technology, and this phenomenon has got in far reaching effect on almost all spheres of human endeavour.
Different people have perceptions of what impact the modern technology via the internet is playing, to address the issues of performance of the Office Technology and Management profession in the new millennium.
To be precise, many scholars have dealt on this topic but the researchers of the project work have tried to portray actually what the impact of the internet is regarding the performance of Office Technology and Management profession.
The internet according to Cerfi (1996) president of the internet society is a specific collaboration of independently managed networks that allow users at disparate heterogeneous computer networks to communicate with each other across organization geographical boundaries. Its main function in any social system may be identified as information, education, entertainers, communication and integration.
Therefore, the internet as an information superhighway has been aroused to perform all these immeasurable impact for the rest of the world.
One cannot talk about information and access without making regular reference to the information technologies and their convergence particularly the INTERNET.
Information and communication technology rapidly changing the way we work and live, most especially regarding the way the office is handled. We see a world of network. That is bringing new opportunities and options to people at work, at home and on the movies directly stating how our society live, learn, work play and our society evolves.
Information itself drives it valve from the meaning that an entity (a human being) assigns to data. It therefore becomes a performed in an organization.
The question now is, how far this form of inexhaustible resource can carry the users with special internet on office technology and management profession.
The machines used in the office technology and management profession are involved effectively to perform the work in business media, the mass media, the information gathering media, and the likes, have seen the different faces of typewriters. Mail exchange, computers, cellular, fax telephone and other technological information gathering system.
Stressing more on the meaning of the internet and how it works Rutherford F. July 22 1997, described the internet as ‘a global collection of many different types of computers and computer networks that are linked together.
The office technology and management profession, people who are conversant with the services that the personal computer renders will no doubt find the internet fascinating job-made-easy and enjoyable.
But many people cannot purchase or acquire this precious information superhighway, what risks are involved. Who are supposed to use these inexhaustible resources?
The aim of the study is to know the impact of internet more on information and communication in office technology and management profession.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
People say or believe that the internet has no impact on office technology and management profession. That office manager does not need the internet services at all. They also say that office managers only need typewriter carry out their duties. They also say that if office managers include the use of the internet in their profession, that work will be tedious.
According to Sir Walter ford  says that the duty of the office secretary is to take down records, minutes of the meetings and typing of orders by the above authorities and it involves the use of the typewriter.
Pluto  says thus, ‘the internet is used by high senior officials and those trained personnel and as such the secretaries who are regarded as a low staff do not fit into this cadre’.
Roberts  in his opinion says, ‘the internet and the secretary are not compatible’.
So for these very reasons, we have decided to carry out this research work so as to find out the actual impact the internet has on the office technology and management profession.
1.3 The Objective Of The Study
In view of the above problem, this research work is therefore designed to the following;
- To find out the impact of the internet services on the office technology and management profession.
- To ascertain if the use of internet facilities, is a monotonous task to the office managers.
- To ascertain, the impact of the internet, on the lives of individual office managers.
- To find out the skills required from office managers to operate the internet
- To ascertain if there are problems being caused by the internet in the office technology and management profession.
1.4 Scope Of The Study
The geographical area covered by the researcher is in Enugu metropolis selected Government parastatals in Enugu State are used as samples on which judging the impact of the internet services to the office technology and management profession will be based.
1.5 Research Questions
- What are the impacts of internet services on the office technology and management profession?
- Does the frequent task of operating a computer everyday bore an office manager?
- What are effects of the internet services on the lives of individuals’ office managers?
- What are the skills required by an office managers using this modern equipment (internet)
- What are the problems encountered by office managers using internet
1.6 Significance Of The Study
It is importance that office managers should at times take critical look outside their private areas of concentration and state the latest system of Improving their techniques at their field of specialization. The study is not a only important to the office managers but will also serve as green light to entertain the whole universe, education, communication and media practitioners on how to restructure their programmer to suit their receiving audience. It will moreover help the office manager to be abreast with the events taking place within and outside the country.
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusions And Recommendations.
This chapter related the problems, summary of the findings, presents the conclusion, recommendations and areas for further study.
5.1 Restatement Of The Problem
The absence of internet and computer services in any organization make the office managers work boring and uninteresting. And this result to low gathering of information on the part of the office manager. In most organization today, the inability to use internet has lead to inefficiency, and this always give the customer bad impression about the services of the organization. Thus, if there was no introduction of internet services, the office managers will be faced with all the problems stated and this will bring about low productivity, poor information gathering and poor communication network to the organization. And will also cause the office managers a lot of fatigue.
5.2 Summary Of Findings
In this study, an attempt has been made to generate empirical data on the internet services a vital tool for increased office managers’ productivity and performance. Based on the analysis of the research questions, the following findings were made.
- Majority strongly agreed that internet has led to increase productivity.
- 100% of the respondents believed that internet has increased job performance and efficiency of office managers.
- It was found that 100% of the respondents strongly agreed that internet has positive effect on the office managers’ performance.
- Majority strongly agreed that internet needs a special skill for efficient management
- 100% of the respondents agreed that internet has created great impact on the office technology and management profession.
Internet has proved to be a helpful tool in the hand of the office managers as a result of the job made easy attitude and nature. And this has proved to be effective machine on its Nigeria business environment. So once the training is being applied in Enugu metropolis, the mentioned selected organization in it will benefit a lot.
The paper strongly believes that internet has contributed immensely in enhancing office managers’ practice in the following ways: –
It has made life easier, fast information gathering, fast information sharing, increased productivity, saves time and labour and it is highly profitable, effective/efficient, improve organization outputs and reduce errors. And as a matter of fact, all the above motioned cannot be achieved using manual typewriter.
This paper gave the following recommendations on how internet has enhance office managers productivities based on the conclusion drawn.
- Office managers in the higher institution should be trained to master this modern technology (internet) as no employer will require the services of office manager who is not familiar with internet.
- Office managers should update their knowledge in internet services and how to operate it.
- Schools that offer Office Technology and Management should be more emphasis on the use of internet services.
- Employers whose sectary does not have the knowledge of the internet. Should send them for further training.
- Office manager’s practitioners should procure their own personal computers and register with internet services protocol so that they will be updating their knowledge even if the organization is less concerned. and also in order to see that the introduction of these devices yield results, there should be proper planning and someone must be in change.
5.5 Suggestion For Further Research:
Due to limited of the research, we suggest that a similar research work on the impact of internet services in Office Technology and Management profession should be carried out in the other States like Imo State. This will help to know the internet effects on Office Managers in Imo State.
5.6 Limitations Of The Study:
In nay research work, there are some setbacks that follow it, some of such setbacks or limitations include money.
The researcher could not lay hands on the books that talk about the internet, because it is very expensive.
Another factor is lack of books and materials in the library. There was no book in the library on the internet. And lastly, the researcher were unable to combine the research work and the examinations together because of limited time. So all these and many more led to the limitations of the work.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Impact Of The Internet Services On Office Technology And Management Profession In Selected Business Organization In Enugu Metropolis, Enugu State.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply