Impact Of Information Technology On Customers Satisfaction And Profitability In Nigeria Banks
The main objective of any financial institution is to harness their profit making potentials and subsequent development and growth. An the purpose of this study is to urge banks to adopt the efficient use of information technology in all their banking operations. This will in turn load to increased customer’s satisfaction and patronage which will eventually translate into improved deposits. Therefore in this world of dynamism, all banks in order to achieve their set goals must be innovative and adopt the use of computers in their routine operations. It has been proved that the use of computers for auditing and accounting purposes are more efficient and reliable. The bank manager can easily punch the computer from his own office without consulting any of his subordinate and all the information’s he require will appear at a twinkle of an eye. This has gone a long way in maintaining water tight internal control and at the same time reduced fraud in the banking sector.
Data collected were through questionnaires and hypothesis research statements were duely tested using chi-square technique.
Data analysis and interpretation gave the following findings:
- Information technology has increased customers satisfaction in Trans International Bank PLC.
- Information technology has greatly unchanged the profitability of the bank.
- Information technology has let to increased bank deposit.
- Information technology has led to development and growth of the bank.
Based on my findings, I have recommended that banks should endeavour to:
- Computerize fully at aspect of their operations.
- Embark on intensive training of their state in order to acquaint them with the uses and applications of computers.
- Be prudent in management of their resources and adhere to ethics and law guiding banking operations in Nigeria.
1.1 Background Of The Study:
Owing to the voluminous work and the need to meet up with customers demand in the banking industry, most banks have developed and adopted the use of high-tech electronic devises such as computers for more efficient services. computer plays a vital role in storage, processing, analysis and retrieval of information’s within a twinkle of an eye. Suffice it to say that electronic banking is the order of the day in most Nigeria banks today. The most important needs of computer is for customers satisfaction and enhanced profitability. Computerized banks quickly respond to customers demands which include; ascertainment of account balance, withdrawal or deposit of cash and other inquires. With the adequate of automatic teller machine (ATM), banks can also offer quicker services to their numerous customers outside the banking hall.
Furthermore, online banking off the customers the opportunity to withdraw or deposit money from their accounts at any branch in Nigeria.
The extend to which electronic banking have aided banks in satisfying their customers and at the same time enhance their profitability is another issue to be examined. Trans international bank Plc (TIBPLC) has been chosen as a case study for the purpose of this project.
Historical Background: Trans international bank plc was established on March, 1989 with its headquarters at Ibadan, Oyo State of Nigeria. As a new generation bank born out of a vision to set standard, in customer satisfaction and profitability making. The seed of passion, creativity and team spirit sown by the founders did not take much time to blossom.
The first nine months of operation recorded an after tax profit of three million and one hundred thousand naira (N3.1million). This grew to N7 million in the year 2000.
Despite the hard economic conditions which led to many banks going distress in the 90 TIB remains solid with a high capital base to date. Since then, it has continued to grow in leaps and sounds. More branches have been opened with within Ibadan and Lagos State. Within it’s twelve years of operations, shareholder fund has grown from N130 million in 1994 to N1.022 billion by the end of year 2003.
Also total deposits and gross earnings grew to N8.7 billion and N1.9 billion respectively. This result into 81.25% and 73% growth between 1999 and 2003 respectively.
TIB is one of the few banks among it’s pears to be quartered in it’s own corporate headquarters christened TIB house.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
Owing to government stringent regulation of banking industry in Nigeria and the need to remain in business, most banks have adopted various measures in order to remain in Business while some have gone distress. Currently every bank is aspected to maintain N25 billion capital base in order to be in operation. TIB Plc is one of the new generation banks that has remained in business within the banking industry despite harsh economic condition in Nigeria today. Why has TIB still remain a strong and reliable bank with a solid capital base?. Is it because of quick and efficient services rendered to their customers?. Why do customers prefer it to others. Is it also as a result of high rate of profitability recorded over the years? Or due to reduced cost of running it?
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose of the study include the following:
- To determine whether information technology has enhanced banks profits-.
- To determine whether information technology has led to increase in banks deposit.
- To determine whether information technology has led to enhanced customer’s satisfaction..
- To determine whether information technology has contributed to development and growth of banks.
- To determine the impact of information technology on bank deposits.
1.4 Research Questions
The following research questions were asked for the purpose of this study:
- Has the introduction of information technology in the sector increased customers satisfaction?
- Has the introduction of information technology contributed to increased deposit in the banks?
- Has the introduction of information technology lead to development and growth of banks?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
- HO: Information technology does not enhance the profitability of a bank.
- H1: Information technology has contributed immensely to the profitability of banks.
- HO: The introduction of information technology has no impact on banks deposit.
- HI: The introduction of information technology has led to increased banks deposit.
- HO: The introduction of information technology has led to increased banks deposit.
- HO: The use of information technology has no influence on development and growth of banks.
- HI: The use of information technological devises have contributed immensely to development and growth of banking sector.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
The concept of computer technology and internet system has transformed the entire universe into a global village. The banking industry should not be left out of this innovation in information technology for a more efficient management. With the advent of computers, banks offer varieties of services which ranges from automatic teller machine services, n-line or network services and automatic credit card services. All these services through the use of advanced information technological devices give the customers easy assess to their money. customers also have the opportunity of withdrawing or depositing money out or into their accounts any where in the world.
Moreover the study will be very useful to the banking sector and the Nigeria economy in general. This is because banks provide the bulk of the money in form of loan for medium and long term investments in any capitalist economy. Since it has been proved that with the introduction of information technology in the operations of banks as well as prudent management of resources will result to the following:
- Enhance profitability
- Improved customer’s satisfaction
- Increase in customers deposit
- And rapid development and growth of the banking industry
Having made all these points, the significance of information technology in the banking sector could not be over-emphasized.
1.7 The Scope Of The Study.
The scope of this study is narrowed down to the impact of information to technology on the banking sector alone.
The impacts of information technology is discussed with regard to profit, deposit, customer’s satisfaction and general development and growth of the banks in Nigeria. And TIB PLC was used as a case study.
How To Get The Complete Material For Impact Of Information Technology On Customers Satisfaction And Profitability In Nigeria Banks
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Impact Of Information Technology On Customers Satisfaction And Profitability In Nigeria Banks” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Impact Of Information Technology On Customers Satisfaction And Profitability In Nigeria Banks” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.