The Impact Of Information And Computer Technology ICT On The Marketing Of Automobile Products In Nigeria
The Impact of Information and Computer Technology – ICT on the Marketing of Automobile Product in Nigeria A Case of Mercedes Benz Anammco Limited Enugu. This study was carried out under five chapters which was beneficiary to the management, researcher as well as others for the coming research works. The population of the study include both staff and customer. The population of staff are 720 while that of customer are 2800. The researcher determines the sample size of the study using Bourley formular method. Questionnaire were administered in regard to the sample size. Though not all the distributed questionnaire that were returned. Thus, total of 607 questionnaires were discarded. The researcher discovered that network failure effect the easy flow of information and computer technology, it is also discovered that staff of the company are not all knowledgeable in operation of ICT. Moreso, it is covered that the staff attained further training from time to time. Based on the finding, the researcher recommend that the company should educate their staff on how to operate ICT effectively, more efforts showed be encourage in satisfying customer need by delivery quality service. Furthermore, the management should monitor the activities of their staff in the organization against fraud.
1.1 Background of the Study
As to the review of information technology, it combines the collection, gathering, recording, storing, processing and communication or dissemination of information from one source to another where the information is being passed.
According to Olakunori (2003:1), it observed that starting point of our study of information and information revolution. The information explosion aided by computer, the mass media and the continua nature of telecommunication network has contributed to the varied conceptions of our contemporary society.
Information aid can be denoted to whatever that can be coded for transmission through a channel that connects a source with a receiver, regardless of the semantic content. The place of technological change in information technology will not likely accelerate the already observed growth in the inter-dependent of inter national relationship not just economic and financial but also political and cultural.
According to Ifezue (2008: 11-20), it throws light on the place of information technology in business through the increase in the creation, use management and dissemination of information has considerable effect on the socio-economic and political land scape on our modern society. Those places in information technology that covers business are:
- Technological advancement
- Economic business and financial accounting
- Management and control
It is pertinent to note that the evaluation of information has contributed a lot and would still do more in business. (Conati and Thomas 2006:225).
- Information Technology lead to improved way of carrying out traditional manufacturing process (ie simple the substitution of the new technology for the existing system and the utilization of standard activities).
- Information technology offers the possibility of linking design of production (example through a variety of aids and data base that sense and collects changing market trend). Production to distribution (ie by automatically incorporating order and commission by customers and supporting into the production process) etc.
More technical advances are expected in the automation of telecommunication in business son, reduced lead time per existing and new product. Received invent are more accurate control over production and better quality production management information like the following:
- Increased utilization of expensive equipment
- Reduce overhead cost
- Improved and consisted quality
- More accurate forecasting
- Improved delivery performance
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problem of poor quality or low quality of service is not peculiar to the auto-mobile service. It is a general problem of this nature that we do not appreciate giving quality services information although we appreciate receiving. It in the past, a large service of automobile are handled manually requiring relatively large labour forces, to handle a large volume of routine transactions.
However, the long waiting for such service handled led to frustration and dissatisfaction of quite a huge number of customers. This study is aimed at researching on the impact of information technology on marketing of automobile products in Nigeria.
Information and computer technology is a concept that has for long enhanced the marketing of divers sector of the economy including the automobile industry, but its efficient application by some of these companies in the automobile industry including ANAMMCO has impacted negatively on the marketing of its products and services. Most of his firms on the other hand do not take into consideration plans and strategies to effectively and efficiently implement this technology for growth and profitability.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The aim of this study is to find out the impact of information technology on the marketing of automobile product in Nigeria. Moreover this study was aimed at finding out the correction between information technology and service delivery of automobile service.
- To relate the advent of information technology to effective services delivery of automobile service
- To investigate the effect of information technology investment on profitability of automobile service customer loyalty.
- To determine the effectiveness of information and computer technology on the marketing of automobile product in Nigeria.
- To identify associated with information computer technology
- To recommended possible solution in solving the identify problem discovered.
1.4 Research Questions
- Whether information and computer technology has any input on the marketing of automobile product?
- Does information and computer technology is said to be expensive to access?
- Does network failure affect the connectivity of information communication technology is said to be expensive to access.
- Does Network failure affect the connectivity of information communication technology.
- Whether information and computer technology help in creating customers satisfaction in automobile product.
1.5 Formulation of Hypothesis
- H0: Information and computer technology are not easy to operate by most staff of Anammco
- H1: Information and computer technology are easy to operate by most staff of Anammco
- H0: Net working failure dose not affect the information communication flow chat.
- H1: Net working failure dose affect the information communication flow chat.
- H0: Customers are not satisfied with the level of information and computer technology on the marketing of automobile product.
- Hi: Customers are satisfied with the level of information and computer technology on the marketing of automobile product.
- H0: Information technology does not increase sales volume of automobile product
- H0: Information technology increase sales volume of automobile product
1.6 Significance of the Study
The importance and rate of information technology on the marketing services cannot be over emphasized. The automobile service sector cannot survive today without the use of information technoology. They must do an excellent job if they are market. Recent study have demonstrated that the key to profitability in the automobile sector performance is knowing and satisfying target customers with competitive superior offers. Market is of the automobile service sector functions charged with defining customers target and best ways of satisfying their needs competitively and profitable.
The new information technology service will be useful to MB-ANAMMCO in urban area to make their work to be easier and faster.
- The new information technology series will be useful to MB ANAMMCO in urban area to make their work to be easier faster.
- The company will benefit from the researcher findings as it will become more aware of the information technology system and its problems, of which will enable them to plan ahead of time in order to reach their objective demand or plan for its future.
1.7 Definition of Terms
It is the collection gathering, recording, storage, processing and communication or dissemination of information using micro electronic based combination of computer and telecommunication technology.
This is a data that has already been processed, interpreted and understood by the receiver of the message.
It is any paid of non-personal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods and service by an identified sponsor,.
This is the management function which evaluates public attitude of an individual or an organization with the public interest, plans and executives a program of action to earn public understanding and acceptance.
This means proper consideration integrated and control of all management activities in such a way to achieve the set objective of a customer mutual benefits.
According to Adirika (2006:154) he observed that products which are newly introduced is the act of innovation. He also talked about market mix which has the set of marketing tools that the firm uses to pursue its marketing objectives in the target market.
This is the fundamental marketing logic which the business unit or organization uses to achieve its marketing objectives.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
In this study, our focus was on the the impact of information and computer technology Ict on the marketing of automobile products in Nigeria using Anammco Limited Enugu as a case study. The study specifically was aimed at highlighting the advent of information technology to effective services delivery of automobile service, investigate the effect of information technology investment on profitability of automobile service customer loyalty, determine the effectiveness of information and computer technology on the marketing of automobile product in Nigeria, identify associated with information computer technology and recommended possible solution in solving the identify problem discovered. A total of 2,913 responses were validated from the enrolled participants where all respondent are drawn from staff and customers of Anammco Limited Enugu.
Based on the finding of this study, the following conclusions were made:
- Information and computer technology are easy to operate by most staff of Anammco.
- Net working failure dose affect the information communication flow chat.
- Customers are satisfied with the level of information and computer technology on the marketing of automobile product.
- Information technology increase sales volume of automobile product.
Based on the responses obtained, the researcher proffers the following recommendations:
- That automobile plants should consider market factors in arriving at their prices. Regardless of the short run implications, penetration pricing policy should be adopted by these companies, in that once the contribution margin is achieved the company can remain afloat thereby evading threat of insolvency.
- That Anammco should employ and develop on the use of ICT in the marketing of its auto mobile to its prospective customers and existing ones.
Complete Material For The Impact Of Information And Computer Technology ICT On The Marketing Of Automobile Products In Nigeria
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Impact Of Information And Computer Technology ICT On The Marketing Of Automobile Products In Nigeria
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “The Impact Of Information And Computer Technology ICT On The Marketing Of Automobile Products In Nigeria” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Impact Of Information And Computer Technology ICT On The Marketing Of Automobile Products In Nigeria” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.