Impact Of Employees Participation In Decision Making And Organisational Productivity
This study is on the impact of employee participation in decision making on organizational productivity. The total population for the study is 200 staff of EMENITE PLC, Enugu state. The researcher used questionnaires as the instrument for the data collection. Descriptive Survey research design was adopted for this study. A total of 133 respondents made human processing engineers, electricians, senior staff and junior staff were used for the study. The data collected were presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentages and frequencies
1.1 Background of the Study
Decision according to the oxford advance learner is the action of deciding a conclusion reached and a judgment arrived at. Therefore decision-making is the most germane activities of management of multifarious organization ranging from small-scale organization to multinational corporations. Decision-making styles throughout organizations are changing because the task, the environment and the people have changed. We are no longer marching troops into battle; we do not want blind obedience. Competitive advantages are now the result of employee making decision thinking being creative and asking questions. When most managers are honest, they will acknowledge that their employee often have greater knowledge about the work than they do. Clearly, effectiveness can only be achieved with their total involvement management at time, see decision to the heart of their job in that, they must always choose what is to be done who will do it where and most at time now it will be done.It is based on the above that the research wishes to assess the impact of employee participation in decision making and also on organization productivity in Nigeria public sector organization using Emenite Plc as a case study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
In Nigeria today, there has been lot of controversy as to whether an employee should participate in managerial decision-making or not. Many writers argued that employees should contribute in making decision especially where it affects them or their job. It is expected that such participation will serve as training and testing ground for future members of upper management.The authors maintained that qualified reasonably honest and company oriented individual are not available at these lower organizational level but the big question is qualified individuals really available? These underlay the need for an investigation study.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The purpose of this research study is to assess the impact of employee’s participation in managerial decision making in public sector organization in Nigeria a with reference to EMENITE PLC THE MAIN OBJECTIVES ARE.
- To assess the impact of employee participation in management decision making EMENITE PLC
- To investigate the impact of employee participation in management decision on productivity o the organization
- To make recommendation based on the research finding
1.4 Research Hypotheses
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
- H0: there is no impact of employee participation in management decision making EMENITE PLC
H1: there is an impact of employee participation in management decision making EMENITE PLC
- H02: there is no impact of employee participation in management decision on productivity of the organization
H2: there is impact of employee participation in management decision on productivity of the organization
1.5 Significance of the Study
In all aspect this research work will be relevant to the managers and employees of EMENITE PLC.It will also be beneficial to other public sector organization in Nigeria. Also it will be of vital importance to government, academically potential and future researcher on the issue of employee participation in managerial decision making.
This empirical is also germane to the researcher since it is a partial requirement for the award of higher national diploma in public administration and management.
1.6 Scope and Limitation of the Study
Particularly this research work focuses on the impact of employee participation in decision making and organizational productivity using EMENITE PLC Enugu as a case study.The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) Availability of Research Material:
The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational Privacy:
Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities
1.7 Definition of Terms
i. Decision Making:
This selection from among alternative of a course of action.
A measure of how well resource is brought together in organization and utilized for accomplishing a set result.
These are made up of top and middle level management. Top management includes shareholder boards of directors and managing director while the middle management includes heads of department manager deputy and assistant deputy.
Relevant important or pertinent
v. Heart of Their Job:
As it is used in the research work means their main job.
1.8 Organization of the Study
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
- Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study.
- Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature.
- Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study.
- Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding.
- Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
It is important to ascertain that the objective of this study was to ascertain the impact of employee participation in decision making on organizational productivity. In the preceding chapter, the relevant data collected for this study were presented, critically analyzed and appropriate interpretation given. In this chapter, certain recommendations made which in the opinion of the researcher will be of benefits in addressing the challenge ofemployee participation in decision making on organizational productivity
This study was on the impact of employee participation in decision making on organizational productivity. Threeobjectives were raised which included:To assess the impact of employee participation in management decision making EMENITE PLC, to investigate the impact of employee participation in management decision on productivity o the organization, to make recommendation based on the research finding. In line with these objectives, two research hypotheses were formulated and two null hypotheses were posited. The total population for the study is 200 staffof EMENITE PLC, Enugu state. The researcher used questionnaires as the instrument for the data collection. Descriptive Survey research design was adopted for this study. A total of 133 respondents made human processing engineers, electricians, senior staffand junior staff were used for the study. The data collected were presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentages and frequencies
Employee participation in decision making has been found to have favourable effects on employee attitude, commitment and productivity even also on the efficiency of the managers. Thus participative management should be seen as an inevitable tool in any organization both public and private. However before this could be done or undertaken, a thorough examination of the organization policy should be looked into and amended to affect this.
In this study, some recommendations have been made to increase the importance and benefits of employee’s participation in decision making and its recognition.
- Managers should put more effort in encouraging their employees to come up with suggestions and useful decisions and endeavour to incorporate them into the organization’s decisions and policy.
- Managers should increase the frequency and level of worker participation in decision making considering the fact that they are the people carrying out the main operative work as they are in the better position to know what goes on those areas.
- Every organization should endeavour to create a clear-cut understanding and notion of the concept of participative decision making to avoid confusion and clashes of interest between the employees and the managers.
- More importantly is that the main objective of any scheme for participation should be specific and exact in any organization that care to enable workers recognize the areas their suggestions and opinions are most needed.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Impact Of Employees Participation In Decision Making And Organisational Productivity
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply