Impact Of Electronic Communication On Efficiency Of An Organization (A Case Study Of Zenith Bank Plc)
This paper aims to present the paradigms of virtual teams in the communication process and the impact of communication technologies on teamwork. Virtual teams use information and communication technology to communicate, collaborate, share information and coordinate their efforts. Working predominantly through information and communication technology represents the key factor that distinguishes virtual teams from traditional ones.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents.
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 Research Questions
- 1.4 The need for the study
- 1.5 The significance of the study
- 1.6 Delimitation
- 1.7 Limitation
Review of Related Literature
- 2.1 Electronic Transaction in the Nigerian Banking Industries
- 2.2 The Benefits of Electronic Communication to the Bank
- 2.3 An efficient Electronic communication should possess the following main characteristics
- 2.4 Problems Identified
- 2.5 The Environmental Impact of Electronic communication
- 2.6 What are the Advantages and Disadvantage of Electronic Communication?
- 2.6 Electronic tool used to facilitate communication in an Organization
- 2.8 Effectiveness of Electronic communication
- 2.9 The Implementation of Electronic communication Network
- 2.10 Electronic communication in Business Today.
- 2.11 communication Network or manage Global operation (Global Business)
- 2.12 Prerequisite for a successful Electronic communication Network
Methods and Procedure of Data Collection
- 3.0 Introductions
- 3.1 Development of the questionnaire
- 3.2 Instrument used
- 3.3 Population of study
- 3.4 Sampling
- 3.5 Distribution and collection of Questionnaire
- 3.6 Methods of data Analysis
Presentation and Data Analysis
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Recommendations
- 5.3 Conclusions
1.1 Background of the Study
An organization is a group of people working together to achieve a common goal and communication is a vital part of that process. Indeed, communication must occur before a common goal could even be established. And a group of people must interact, that’s, they must communicate their needs, thought, plans, expertise and soon. Obey (2003) stated that communication is the means by which information is shared, activities are coordinated, and decision making is coordinated understand how communication works in business and how to communicate competently in an organization will help one to participate more efficiently in every aspect of business.
Business has become truly global and the electronic age has made instantaneous communication possible the ability to keep up with these changes and to understand them defines our success as business professionals but communication is also much more than just the spoke or written word it is the process through which are exchange in formation with the world around us, we use communication skill in every aspect of our lives at work with family and friends even with our selves.
Business depends on communication. Lecher (2000) emphasizes that people must communicate to plan products hire, train and motivate workers coordinate manufacturing and delivery persuade customers to buy, and bill them for sale. Indeed, for many business and none. Profit and government organization, the product is information or service rather than something tangible,
Information and service are created and delivered by communication in every organization, communication is the way people get their point across and get work done. Communication takes many form face to face or telephone conversation informed meeting e-mail message, letters, memos and reports All of these methods are form of verbal communication, or communication that used word, Non-verbal communication does not use word pictures, computer graphic and company Lagos are non-verbal for the purpose of this research work emphasis will be laid on electronic communication, such as electronic mail voice mail, video conferencing bill board, fax and other computer wares.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
This research work will take a article look at the effects of electronic communication on the efficiency of an organization as part of the over all communication cannot afford to cationic we are a wired world.
1.3 Research Questions
This research would attempt to provide answers to the following questions
- What is generally referred to as electronic communication?
- Why should an organization make use of electronic communication
- To what extent has electronic communication been able to facilitate the effectiveness of a business?
- What kind of electronic communication devices are required in commercial organization?
- What are the constraints or challenges being faced in utility electronic communication?
- Can an organization afford not to deploy electronic communication for its operation?
- What are the likely consequence of not include electronic communication as part of the media used by a commercial organization?
1.4 The Significance of the Study
The whole concept of commercial organization is built around the process of communication. Without some form of communication, an organization will permanently be in a state confusion. This project is significant in the sense that it is geared toward investigating how electronic communication as part of the overall communication media of an organization can galvanize the enterprise towards efficiency.
1.5 The Need for the Study
There is no doubt that Information and communication Technology has transformed the way business is transacted world wide this type of project this become a necessity as it is poised to distill current literature on electronic communication and there by contribute to the frontiers of knowledge in the very important domain. It is also timely as most commercial organization which are yet to be wired with the world would appreciate why the world not wait for them.
The study would be limited to the import of electronic communication on the efficiency at an organization there would be no attempt, whatsoever, to go beyond this scope.
Conducting a research and writing a project is usually disables by contain constraints Inadequate of time as a result of other commitments is one, back of the financial resource is another also the dearth of textbooks in this area and the likely uncooperative attitude of respondents are others. However, ever y effort. Has been made to ensure that all there do not impact negatively on an in adept study.
Summary, Recommendation and Conclusion.
This project was designed to look at the impact of electronic communication of the efficiency of an organisation. In order to accomplish the task, various related literature were reviewed. The related literure reviewed centered on effect of electronic communication of the efficiency of an organisation. Zenith Bank plc. Was used as a case study for this project work. 20 cpies of quastionnaie were sent out to the respondents and 15 copies were duly filled and returned.
Electronic communication is a behavioural process and is primarily concerned with people either in their private or business circle. Electronic communication is of utmost importance in the business organization.
The use of electronic messaging has grown rapidly in recent years as it enables us to communicate in ways that we have not been able to in the past. Although, its ease of use, quickness, and ability to reach many individuals at one time make it attractive communication medium, these characteristic can lead to negative consequences. This research work highlighted the problems of electronic communication and shows what can be done to increase employee communication effectiveness in terms of changing the employees work.
Based on the findings of this research work, the following recommendations are hereby made:
- To get wider insight in the various facets of the impact of electronic communication services on the current and potential users, one has to do a more detaled study than was attempted by this researcher.
- As if currently stands, most of the users of electronic communication services are in organisation and in few other towns if they are to have a greater positive impact, these and other additional services should be available to a broad base of users within and outside the capital.
- To make full internet a reality, all organisation within and outside the country should pull their effort and resources together and discuss way to operate electronic communication.
- This is partly due to the fact that the organisation should pay little attention and allocate meagre budget for research and development activity that involves the use of modern information technology of which electronic communication technology is no exception. It is the high time for organisation to seriously consider building the infrastructure that enable their researchers and academic community benefit from the information.
Analysis and interpretation of the responses to the base line questionnaire finding led to the following conclusions:
Telephone and fax are the principal communication facilities in the respondents’ organizations. While telex and radio are available to private or individual respondents and in international and no–governmental organizations.
The introduction of electronic communication in the country the introduction of electronic communication in the country had an overall positive impact, though there are still problems attributed to the store and forward electronic mail system.
There are much more improvements brought in the work of the respondents, organization by electronic communications than difficulties. However, there are still constraints for making effective use of electronic communications, among which lack of direct access to the internet is the to major constraints.
In general, electronic mail was frequently and heavily used for regular business, providing / receiving technical advice and exchange of document. The most common method of sending electronic messages among the respondents is logging in and typing the message which could be attributed to the fact that most of the users are computer literate who rated their computer skills as experienced and intermediated.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Impact Of Electronic Communication On Efficiency Of An Organization (A Case Study Of Zenith Bank Plc)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply