Impact Of Church Administration On Effective Management Of Church Sponsored Schools (A Case Study Of Covenant University, Ota)
This study examined the impact of church administration on effective management of church sponsored schools. The study was carried out in Covenant University, Ota. The research design used for this study was the descriptive research design. The population for this study were students and staff of covenant university, Nigeria. The population figure for the study comprises of all students and staff of Covenant University in Nigeria. Random sampling technique was used in this study. The sample size determined for this study was one hundred (100) students and staff of covenant university of Nigeria. The instrument used for the collection of data for the purpose of this research was questionnaire.
The five point Likert scale was used in structuring the questionnaire. The statistical analysis adopted was correlation. All computations requiring the use of data analysis technique were accessed by a computer statistical software package called SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Sciences). Findings from the study revealed that majority of the respondents were of the opinion that there is effective administration in the management of church sponsored school. Since the p-value= 0.000 was less than the level of significance (0.05), the null hypothesis was rejected. Therefore, there is no significant impact of church administration on effective management of church-sponsored schools in Nigeria. The study recommended that churches should focus more in the effective management of their school both in terms of the school structure and the students within the structure. Also, Members should be given preferences with reduced fees.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Certification page
- Table of content
- 1.1 Background To The Study
- 1.2 Statement Of The Problem
- 1.3 Objectives Of The Study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Hypothesis
- 1.6 Significance Of The Study
- 1.7 Scope/Limitations Of The Study
Review Of Related Literature
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Theoretical Framework
- 2.3 Church Sponsored Schools
- 2.4 Empirical Review
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research Design
- 3.3 Population Of The Study
- 3.4 Sample Size And Sampling Technique
- 3.5 Method Of Data Collection
- 3.6 Research Instrument
- 3.7 Validation Of The Instrument
- 3.8 Reliability Of The Instrument
- 3.9 Statistical Methods
Data Analysis And Interpretation
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Data Analysis
- 4.3 Test Hypothesis
Summary, Conclusion And Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary Of Findings
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
- 5.4 Suggestions For Further Study
1.1 Background To The Study
Education is basically targeted at producing sensible, reasonable, refined and responsible being or a group of people either for an individual or group development of either his/her self or the society. All over the world, education has been discovered and accepted as the bedrock of all-round developments of both human beings and their society. United Nations Organization emphasizes the need to train every child in the world. Africa, being one of the seventh continents in the world is trying her best despite the facts that she has a lot of challenges everywhere. While Nigeria with the population of about 170 million people knowing the importance of education, has been running free education in some parts of the country for a very long time (Ajodo, 2013). When the country, had regional governments, the western Region, then governed by the late sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo, as the premier, ran free education. Some states still run it till date. There have been clear dichotomy between missionary owned/ran/governed/managed schools and the non-missionary owned schools. A Church-sponsored school has been mainly identified as moral, religion, intelligent, discipline etc aspects (Jaiye & Alaga, 2005).
However, this study is examining the impact of church administration on effective management of church-sponsored school with focus on the Convenant University, Ota. In Nigeria, there are Federal, States and privately owned universities. For example, the first university in Nigeria, University of Ibadan was established in 1948 by the colonial master. She was recently ranked as the best university, in the country, followed by University of Lagos, University of Ilorin, Covenant university and others. The first three are Federal Government owned Universities, while the other and the fourth one, happens to be Covenant university, that is owned by a church/ religion leader. It is believed by most people, that the involvement of church leaders in the establishment of universities is basically to assist in the upbringing of upright children who will be morally fit to live their lives and govern the society well; help to reduce the observed long queue of students seeking admission, enforcement of merit in the course of offering admission/employment of personnel, considerable/moderate/affordable school fees etc simply because the best hands in all the professional and non -professional careers that the country had had till date have been products of missionaries schools.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
In Nigeria, Federal, States and Privately owned institutions have some basic common problems among them, namely: lack of fear/believe in God, Poor funding, inadequate staff and facilities (glorified secondary schools), discrimination in the offering of employment of staff and admission to students, living condition, labour organization, working condition, wage level, opportunity for further education, deviation from the norms of those days missionaries established and ownership of schools. Some church owned schools in Nigeria has out-performed some government owned schools in an excellent manner. This has increased the awareness and patronage for church-sponsored schools in Nigeria. In the light of this, the researcher will examine the impact of church administration on the effective management of church-sponsored schools.
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
The following are the objectives of this study:
- To determine the prevalence of church-sponsored schools in Nigeria.
- To examine the impact of church administration on the effective management of church-sponsored schools.
- To examine the administrative performance of church-sponsored schools in Nigeria.
1.4 Research Questions
- What is the prevalence of church-sponsored schools in Nigeria?
- What is the impact of church administration on the effective management of church-sponsored schools?
- What is the administrative performance of church-sponsored schools in Nigeria?
HO: There is no significant impact of church administration on effective management of church-sponsored schools in Nigeria.
HA: There is significant impact of church administration and effective management of church-sponsored schools in Nigeria.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
The following are the significance of this study:
- The outcome of this study will educate the policy makers on education on the effective management qualities of church management as demonstrated by the performance of church-sponsored schools.
- This research will be a contribution to the body of literature in the area of the effect of personality trait on student’s academic performance, thereby constituting the empirical literature for future research in the subject area.
1.7 Scope / Limitations Of The Study
This study is limited to Covenant University, Ota. This study will also cover the impact of church administration on the effective management of church-sponsored schools
Limitation Of Study
Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
5.1 Summary of Findings
The objective of the study was to know if there is a significant impact of church administration on effective management of church-sponsored schools in Nigeria. Findings from the study reveals that majority of the respondents are of the opinion that there is effective administration in the management of church sponsored school. See table 6 above.
Another finding from the study reveals that there is significant impact of church administration on the effective management of a church sponsored school. (See table 7).
All over the world, education has been discovered and accepted as the bedrock of all-round developments of both human beings and their society. United Nations Organization emphasizes the need to train every child in the world.
A Church-sponsored school has been mainly identified as moral, religion, intelligent, discipline etc aspects (Jaiye&Alaga, 2005). However, this study examined the impact of church administration on effective management of church-sponsored school with focus on the Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
The following recommendation is made from this study
Churches should focus more in the effective management of their school both in terms of the school structure and the students within the structure. Members should be given preferences with reduced fees.
On the strength of the study findings and conclusions, the following recommendations were made:
- Sponsors might need to revisit their initial role of developing and providing facilities and resources to their schools. They need to respond to the contemporary emerging issues in the society. They would be in a better position to solicit funds and material support from well-wishers whom parents and local communities may not have access to.
- The sponsors need to evaluate the academic qualifications of persons holding the office of the education secretary. It needs to constitute persons who are able to read, understand and interpret the educational policies in the country. This approach will enable sponsors nominate competent representatives who will not be manipulated by some influential personalities in the education system. This will minimize the wrangles within the school environment which in many occasions destabilizes school operations.
- The Ministry of education needs to review the policy on sponsorship of public secondary schools. The education Act as of now is subject to misinterpretation.
- There seems to be a general lack of awareness on the rights and obligations of the sponsor and their representatives as far as school matters are concerned. Awareness therefore, needs to be created on the policy and other educational regulations which control education. This will facilitate a smooth working relationship since each party will be aware of their powers and limitations.
- Sponsors need to stop meddling in the management of schools and look for amicable means and ways to present their grievances. This approach will improve the working relationship in school environment and improve academic performance in sponsored schools.
- There is need for a similar study to be carried out where the informants will include teachers, education officials and parents to determine their perception on the role of church sponsors and operations in secondary school management
5.4 Suggestions for further study
From the research findings and conclusions drawn, there are certain aspects of school sponsorship that the researcher felt needed some further investigations. In view of this, the following are some of the areas that could be considered for further research.
How To Get The Complete Material For Impact Of Church Administration On Effective Management Of Church Sponsored Schools (A Case Study Of Covenant University, Ota)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Impact Of Church Administration On Effective Management Of Church Sponsored Schools (A Case Study Of Covenant University, Ota)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Impact Of Church Administration On Effective Management Of Church Sponsored Schools (A Case Study Of Covenant University, Ota)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.