The Impact Of Advertising On Consumers Patronage Of Dettol Products (Case Study Of Consumers In Owerri Municiple Council)
This research work tries to look at the impact of advertising on consumer patronage of dettol product. Advertising helps firm to determine the extent to which advertising had contributed in increasing the potentials customer and to know whether advertising help retain the activities and sales volume of the organization.
This work examines the research methodology used which consists of the design of the study, description of the study population, the sampling size plan and method., the instruments used in the collection of data for this study include primary and secondary data method.
From the investigation that was carried out by the researcher, it was observed that advertising was considered the most effective promotional elements in stimulating buyers behaviours and the company make use of well-trained sales volume or staff to offer quality service to its numerous customers.
The researcher recommended that the company should not embark on advertising campaign and spend much money, human and material resources without taking stock periodically to determine whether such campaigns are effective or not.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the research problem
- 1.3 Objective of the study
- 1.4 Research questions
- 1.5 Significance of the study
- 1.6 Scope of the study
- 1.7 Limitation of the study
- 1.8 Definition of term
2.0 Literature review
- 3.1 Research design
- 3.2 Population of the study
- 3.3 Sample size
- 3.4 Sampling procedure
- 3.5 Sources of data
- 3.6 Instruments used for data collection
- 3.7 Validity of the instrument
- 3.8 Method of collecting data
- 3.9 Method of data analysis
Data Presentation And Analysis
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Data presentation
- 4.3 Discussion of findings
Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary of findings
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of The Study
Marketing is the management process aimed at identifying, anticipating, analysis and satisfying human needs and wants through exchange as efficiently and effectively as possible (Adirika, 1990:38) its concept is a philosophy of business which states that the customer want satisfaction is the economic and social justification for a firms is existence. However, no matter how a new product completely meets the requirements of the consumers, its existence ahs to be made known to the consumers, hence, the need for advertising which serves as an awareness creation.
Equally, the multiplication of production company in Owerri municipal implies that for a firm in the industry to survive, grow or improve its market share, it must control its market share, it must direct its energies towards some form of new product high qualities development, fair pricing, effective promotional, activities and wide distribution network. Besides competitors, the growth of this industry creates other problems which include that by presenting a variety of choice to the customers, the management of the company face the problem of identifying which of these varieties that exert greatest influence on consumer preference on one brand of production company in Owerri municipal new product over the other.
This led to the policy of most companies marketing department investing so heavily on advertising as the surest means of reaching their target markets. Owerri municipal business men always neglects the role of advertising in business because of their pursuit for quick money and profits. They often erroneously regard advertising expenditure as money wasted. This is unfortunate indeed, advertising is perhaps the most effective way of communicating with customers and the general public. Through advertising, a company communicates the information a consumer needs to evaluate a new product or the ability of the company to offer a new product or service.
Advertising can be inform of newspaper and magazine, direct mail trade exhibitions, television, radio catalogue, new product demonstration etc.
Finally, the role of advertising in motivating consumers, play a major role in all the production company in Owerri municipal. Some consumers are being moved by the nature of advertisement of a particular new product irrespective of the price attached to it.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
In any competitive marketing environment such as ours, a marketing manager is often faced with the problems of how to determine the nature of demand for his new products in a given market segment, how to determine the factors responsible for the variation in the demand pattern.
Management of producing company in Owerri municipal is faced with the problem of not only identifying suitable strategies to beta their competitors but also how to determine the strength of the contribution of various components of the promotional mix variable of the purpose of stimulating demand for their new product brand. This ahs equally led to different company’s budgetary allocation and policy emphasis on different components of promotional mix. Thus, the problem of this research is to find out how far advertising has contributed in motivating consumer new product brand preference for production company in Owerri municipal.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
Advertising as a promotional mix among other things at influencing, consumer of selecting a particular new product or service instead of competing brand of similar new product during their purchase decisions. This study therefore seek to examine the market acceptance of companies in Owerri metropolis with a view to establishing the extent to which consumer’s preference of their product over their production company in Owerri municipal can be attributed to advertising. Therefore, the objectives of this study are:
- To determine whether advertisement appeal or theme is the reason why consumers prefer product than the other in Owerri municipal.
- To identify the cause and kind of differences in consumer preference of the companies new product understudy.
- To determine the strength of advertising relative to the other factors in motivating consumer awareness of new products under study.
- To suggest ways of improving advertising campaign strategy for production company in Owerri municipal new product marketing to be more effective.
1.4 Research Questions
- Is advertisement appeal or theme the reasons why consumers prefer than the other in Owerri municipal?
- What are the cause and kind of differences in consumer preference of the companies new product under study?
- What are the strength of advertising relative to the other factors in motivating consumer awareness of new products under study?
- Are there ways of improving advertising campaign strategy for production company in Owerri?
1.5 Significance Of The Study
It is intended that the result of this study will help the companies in Owerri municipal in the following ways:
- To be in a position to make their new product meet the needs of their customers.
- To help the consumers ascertain the quality of the new product and the benefits derive in consuming the new product.
- It will facilitate the work of other people mostly researchers who many in one way or the other engage in a similar research in future.
- The reader with also benefit from his work because it will help them in building their own study when carrying out the academic research.
- It will expose the opportunities and threats facing the competitors and the need to affect changes so that the company can grow positively.
1.6 Scope Of The Study
The study is a case study of consumers in Owerri municipal. Due to the size and spread of the company, the study is limited only to consumers of companies in Owerri metropolis.
1.7 Limitation Of The Study
The researcher encounter a lot of difficulties ranging from finance, time, bureaucracy and personal comfort. For the fact that the researcher is a student and carried out the research work with a limited amount of money. He encountered some financial problem has, the researcher work requires much money for producing questionnaires on interview guides and transportations.
The finance problem prevented the researcher from traveling to other parts of the country for effective data collection, hence only Enugu metropolis was used. There was a problem of paucity of related literature in this area of study. It was discovered that there has not been any available research work done on this new product and it packaging. Bureaucracy which the researcher observed with some dealer while carrying out this study also constituted a problem. Being a student researcher my lecture periods suffered because some workers of the dealers wasted time before filling the questionnaire or granting any personal interviews.
1.8 Definition Of Terms
It is a non-personal form of communication or presentation of goods, ideas or services conducted through paid media under clear sponsorship (Kotler p. 1987, 2nd edition)
Consumer New Products:
They are those new products used by the final consumers that are not industrial new products (Ozo 2002. 120)
Is a situation where the consumer selects a particular new product that will satisfy his needs and wants (Journal of consumer research 1982. 185)
Is whatever the consumer does in the process of satisfying his/her needs (Ozo 2002.10).
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
5.1 Summary Of Findings
A member of findings emerged from this study following the presentation and analysis of the data. The findings are summarized and briefly discussed as follows:
Consumers of production company in Owerri municipal new production in Owerri are aware if the brand being steadied (M.T.N) after a careful study of the topic the researcher established that the various media vehicles are quite effective in the area of creation of awareness due to the high percentage of the respondents who recall seeing and for hearing new products advertisement through the different media in this respect, television proves to be the most effective information source as 54.6% of the respondents indicated having seen the brand on television advert message.
Consumers brand choice of new product can be attributed to advertising. The researcher in the process of the study found out that consumers prefer a brand of product to other because of their exposure to advert message. In the terms of the current market position of the performance of the various production company in Owerri municipal brand covered in this work, the research outcome revealed that ovaltine is the most preferred brand by the respondent. This is followed by MTN and into while pronto was the last preferred brand of the four, although form questionnaires, data and oral interview conducted, the researcher found out that through most of the prospect prefer ovaltine to other brands, only few actually but it due to high price attached to it when compared to other brands that sell cheaper even the same bigger size of ovaltine coupled with the Nigeria economic situation.
Price is a major factor that influences consumers of production company in Owerri municipal new products to prefer one brand of production company in Owerri municipal to another. Quality of a new product does affect consumers in the choice of their production company in Owerri municipal brand from the question in the consumer questionnaire, together with an oral interview conducted, the researcher was able to notice that though quality is an important factor for choosing of a new product brand especially production company in Owerri municipal new products but not all consumers in Enugu metropolis do buy a production company in Owerri municipal brand because of its quality but because of their awareness of such brand (advertising and their ability to purchase it price).
Advertising is an important promotional tools for effective marketing of any mass produced consumer produces in a competitive market environment. This holds true for the marketing of new product. Before it can live up to this expectation of effective marketing of new products however, any advertising process must feature a good deal of creativity. Advertising having being effective for awareness creation and motivation or purchase action, the producer for brand new products. Under study should direct their efforts towards producing quality new products that consumers should be made aware of, and can be offered at reasonable prices which they can afford, coupled with the adoption of total new product concept in their advertising message, rather than engaging in excessive and costly advertising simply to counter competition. It is believed by the researcher that if the maker of most companies properly look into the issues raised up in this research work and the recommendations implemented, the company will of a long way toward satisfy the needs of the consumers more effectively and efficiently than competition as well as improve on their market share and profitability.
From the findings of this study, the researcher wishes to make the following recommendation to those concerned. It is evident that consumers often want to maximize the value of their disposal income and would not want a low quality new product as well based on this, the researcher recommends that some producing firm should
- Emphasize their quality control to make a premium and acceptable quality new products for consumers.
- As there is always situation high prices attached to new product which most of the time arise as result of high cost of new production and distribution cost, the researcher recommend to this firm to undertake. The appropriate research on the sources of acquired, their raw materials as well as distribution their new products as low cost so as to reduce the price of their new products. The marketing management of some companies under study adduce their new production and quality control department to maintain total new product concepts, thereby maintain these nutritional qualities they emphasized on their new product during advertisement as consumers are interested in such benefits rather than on the physical new product only, hence they are motivated by advertising.
- The producers and marketers of the brand under study should see the need to include effective advertising in the promotional tools they use as they are dealing with large consumers whom they can effectively reach through advertising.
- Consumer of production company in Owerri municipal new products should at all time know that they want as regard to their production company in Owerri municipal brands and device the means of communicating to the produces any short falls from such as this will make such producers more effective, rather than consumers purchasing anything that they can afford to purchase in the market that come under the umbrella of production company in Owerri municipal new products without any regard for its quality.
How To Get The Complete Material For The Impact Of Advertising On Consumers Patronage Of Dettol Products (Case Study Of Consumers In Owerri Municiple Council)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Impact Of Advertising On Consumers Patronage Of Dettol Products (Case Study Of Consumers In Owerri Municiple Council)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply