Impact Of Advertisement On Consumable Goods (A Case Study Of Cadbury Nigeria Plc)
This study examiner the theoretical and epical impact of advertisement on consumable goods with particular emphasis on Cadbury Nigeria Plc.
In the course of the study, relevant literatures were reviewed to have an insight into the conceptual and theoretical framework of the study.
The study adopted a survey or disruptive research design, hence primary data were generated though questionnaire which is the major research instrument used.
A total of fifty (50) structured questionnaires were administered among selected staff of Cadbury Nigeria Plc on a simple random sampling procedure.
The data generated were statistically analyzed with relevant analytical tools such as simple percentage tables and chi-square. The result of the findings reveals that advertisement contributes to the achievement of small and scale enterprise goals and objectives.
It is also evident from the findings that good implementation of marketing communication mix lead to better performance in business organization.
Finally, conclusions, recommendations and suggestion for further studies were highlighted to demonstrate the generalization-ability of the studies of the study.
1.1 Background to the Study
Communication is needed to reach markets at a reasonable cost. Advertising is just one of the tools for reaching markets. It may be too costly and time consuming to try to do marketing job with salesmen alone; in such situations, advertising may be preferred.
Advertising consists of all the activities involved in presenting to a group a non-personal, oral or visual, openly sponsored message regarding a product, service or idea. This message, called an advertisement, is disseminated through one or more media and is provided for by an identified sponsor.
There is a significant difference between advertising and an advertisement. The advertisement is simply the message itself. Advertising is a process; it is a program or a series of activities necessary to prepared the message and get it to the intended market or audience. Another point is that the public, market or audience knows who is behind the advertising because the sponsor is openly identified in the advertisement itself. Also, the sponsor make payment to the media, which carry the message. These two considerations differentiate advertising from propaganda and publicity. Advertising consists of non-person (or one way) forms of communication conducted through paid media under clear sponsorship.
Advertisers include commercial firms but fundraisers, museums, government and various social action organizations (NGOs) seeking to advertise their causes or program to various target publics, audiences or market.
Advertising media include magazines and newspapers; radio and television, outdoor display (posters, billboards, signs) direct mail, novelties (pens, calendar), catalogues; directories ad circular among others.
Advertising has many purposes, which include long-term building up of the organization’s corporate image (i.e. institutional advertising), information dissemination about a sale, service, or event (classified advertising), announcement of a special sale (promotional advertising) and advocacy of a particular cause (advocacy advertising), among others.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problems of this research study will be stated in question forms which are:
- Why do companies use advertising?
- To what extent has companies achieve its marketing performance objectives through the used of advertising.
- Why is it that advertising strategy raised best among the other(s) marketing mix communication?
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
The objectives of this research study include the following:
- To determine whether advertising in form the market about new product or service.
- To ascertain whether advertising build up long term product brand.
- To determine whether advertising does remind customer/clients where to buy the products/services
1.4 Research Questions
Research questions are minute or specific advertising dimensions of the ‘statement of problem’ broad questions, the relevant research questions are:
- Does advertising inform the market about new product/service
- Does advertising build up long term product brand
- Does advertising remind customers/clients where to buy the products/services?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Hypotheses are tentative answer to research questions. The tentative answers to the research question above are:
- Ho: Null Hypothesis
- H1: Alternative Hypothesis
- Ho: Advertising does not inform the market about new product/service.
H1: Advertising inform the market about new product/service
- Ho: Advertising does not build up long term product brand.
H1: Advertising build up long term product brand.
- Ho: Advertising does not remind customers/clients where to buy the products/services.
H1: Advertising reminds customers/clients where to buy the products/services.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This research study is strictly within the frame of the stated objective. This research was designed to absolutely analyze and examine the impact of advertising in Nigerian Breweries industry and LagosState will be used as area of study.
1.7 Significance of the Study
This research study is likely to be useful to Nigerian business organization to appreciate the importance of advertising so as to enhance their organizational performance. Most importantly, it will show the power value of advertising as an importantly element in communicating company product to the market.
1.8 Operational Definition of Terms
This research work is carried out at Nigerian Breweries Company Lagos State. This is done because this is where the necessary data concerning the company can be received.
The constraints encountered doing these research studies are:
- Time constraint which are relatively small in collecting date and information.
- Financial constraints.
- Unavailability of the necessary material for the effective smoothness of the research work.
Summary, Conclusion, Recommendation and Suggestion for Further Study
This last chapter of this research study is meant to show case major issue that make up the project. The findings in the previous chapter will be discusses, the entire study will be summarized while conclusion, recommendations and suggestion for further research will be given.
5.2 Summary of Major Findings
This research project is based on Advertisement on consumable goods in small and medium scale enterprises on Lagos, Nigeria. Chapter one of the study shed light on background of the study, research questions, statement of research hypothesis, significance of the study. Chapter two deals with literature reviews on the research study. Relevant areas were adequately treated, certain journals, articles were also referenced. Chapter three outlined the design and methods used in conducting this research study. chapter four deal with presentation and analyses as well as interpretation. The data were percentage and chi-square was used to test the hypothesis.
5.3 Discussion of Findings
- Advertisement contribute to the achievement of small and medium scale enterprises goals and objectives.
- Advertisement strategy enhances successful operation in business organization.
- Good implementation of marketing communication mix lead to better performance in business organization.
It is concluded that Advertisement has a positive impact on any organization. Considering its numerous benefits such as telling the market about a new product, suggesting new uses for a product, building a company image, and correcting false impressions in the mind of customers.
Based on the findings and literature, this research study makes the following recommendations of as to contribute positively in the issues relating to the subject matter.
- Business organization either small and medium scale enterprises should make use of advertisement so as to attract customer and build vital relationship.
- Firms should employ various marketing communication mix as a means of communicating their product to targeted customers.
- Small and medium scale enterprises should also be market oriented and make the consumer their focal point.
- Firms should also use marketing research to collect data and information needs from the consumer/customer so as to achieve their goals and objectives.
5.6 Suggestion for Further Studies
The last section suggest areas in which other research could be conducted. There are countless number of the topic which other potential research could investigate, how over, this project suggest the following.
- An empirical study on the impact of television advertising on consumable goods.
- An empirical study on Newspaper advertising over Radio on consumable goods.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Impact Of Advertisement On Consumable Goods (A Case Study Of Cadbury Nigeria Plc)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply