Experiences especially horrible ones rather make me appear muzzled then speak out uncontrollably but if I should speak out it is best done preferably through a medium that enhance authentic account and full representation. Coupled with out pouring of my time feeling these is herby directed towards the clear understanding of the message conveyed and creating an impact on the viewer. This medium is on other one but art, an artistic illustration of colours.
Consequently, the making of the topic, “ILLITERACY” is based on the earlier mentioned principles. It hurts me so bad when ever I set my eyes on Children that are denied of their rights and treated badly.
The thought often make my eyes over filled with tears that the drops escape for none but me to behold and consider myself by rather seeking the solution then living in the illusion.
However, this is the report on the execution of my project which was done in oil on canvas it is a textured impasto which is achieved through manipulations with a palette knife on he laid paints the resultant lazy effect on the figures portrays the true image and conditions of the victims and the affected children.
Therefore, in personal disagreement with denial of right, or the refusal of acquiring children education, I decided to bring this topic into limelight.
In this respect, the children’s involvement as the victims is common in our present society hence; I observed that this act is metamorphosing into a culture owing to ignorance.
In this light this piece is aimed at erecting the awareness on the alarming rate of uneducated people and implication on the child in particular and the society in general.
Precisely owing to the ubiquitous nature of the practice the vital role played by my researchers on necessary analytical and informative books in achieving this will not be ignored.
Furthermore, many studies have shown that an uneducated person manifest various symptoms of behavioral differences, inculcation and speech difficulties.
These make the uneducated person to fall victim of many negative forces or activity. Since the study suggests an increasing rate of uneducated people, trafficking of women and children and most of then is making than live so law.
In conclusion therefore. 1 personally disagrees with the denial of rights and persuasion of this sort.
Moreover, it is a thing of joy to have brought this into limelight (aesthetic design)
In this respect with children involvement as the victim being common in our present society, hence this practice is transforming into culture at serving as a testimony to a practice that spells mans inhumanity to men.
Table of Content
- 1.0 Back ground of the study
- 1.1 Statement the study
- 1.2 Purpose of the study
- 1.3 Scope and delimit action of study
- 1.4 Significance of the study
- 2.0 Review of related literature
- 2.1 Street and working children
- 2.2 Bothered Childs syndrome”
- 2.3 Working children policy responses
- 3.0 Research approach or methodology
- 3.1 Preparation of support
- 3.2 Sketches development
- 4.0 Presentation and analysis of project
- 4.1 Presentation of project
- 4.2 Analysis of the project design
- 4.3 Photographs of the painting
1.1 Background of the Study
The story illiteracy is a narration of shame and exploitation the conditions of poverty and degradation in which to use these work” Humanity should be ashamed”
This is how sekon Toure of guinea expensed his observation on how the children of Africa are abused and refused being educated. This observation is true and that is why issues of illiteracy has being the concern of the international government and non-government of Nigeria also took a major step my enhancing free education for every one this is to increase the rate of employment and through this reduce the rate of illiteracy and poverty in Nigeria.
The federal government also established the national children welfare committee under the auspices of the ministry of social development in 1982 to assist and advice governed on all matters relating to children by;-
- Creating free education for children
- Reviewing polices programmer and services for parents so as to pass the information to their children.
- Formulating a national children welfare policy.
- A close observation of them are either prostitution / or child labour.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
We have different thoughts within our minds about this topic. The researcher sees these as a very serious disease among the people living to live so low like animals. As an artist with much creative mind the researcher made it known to people, that being educated can make one to live happily. Through this sufferings or horrible live, the researcher speaks out to the public through representing his feelings artistically through the medium of painting.
Consequently economic depression and the accompanied poverty with the retrenchment is another state of problem.
Inadequate. Levels of living, the growth and movement of populations of the family as a social institution have contributed I immensely to the increasing nature of the statement of the problem.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
- To explore parental based factors contributing to illiteracy in primary schools
- To examine teachers based factors contributing to illiteracy in primary schools.
- To propose a model of how best to plan and implement a mass literacy campaign
1.4 Research Questions
- What is the contribution of parents to illiteracy of persons?
- What is the contribution of teachers to illiteracy of students
- What are the plans to curb illiteracy?
1.5 Significance of the Study
Many people around this country may Not Appreciable the efforts to certain issue and problems that affects the country. It has been observed that is Nigeria is placed among the most corruption and this has affected the poor mass. This study significant to Akwaibom rural area and Nigeria, and even other African countries in the world. The benefits of building up the knowledge of the people so as to be educated so as to live a well balanced life. The stud call attention of people within Nigerian to be educated in as much educations has on limit or age.
1.6 Scope of Study
The research work aims at determining cause and effect of illiteracy in the Nigerian society. Due to insufficient time and other important resources, it was not able to go through all the communities in Nigeria so Akwa Ibom state was used as case study and a representative sample was drawn out of the population in order to achieve the research objectives.
1.7 Organization of the Study
To ensure orderliness of the study, the plan of the study was carried out and reported chronologically, under five chapters. Chapter one which is the introduction to the study provided the background to the study, statement of the problem, research questions, justification for the study, objectives of the study, scope of the study and organization of the study. The second chapter contained the review of relevant literatures. The research methodology is presented in the third chapter and it included headings such as research design, population of the study, sampling techniques, method of data collection and methods of data analysis. The fourth chapter contained the data presentation analysis and discussion of result obtained from the field survey. Chapter five covers the summary, conclusions and recommendation
Conclusion and Recommendations
The findings of this study revealed that failure of teachers’ consultation by parents on academic matters, lack of parents’ help on pupils’ homework, poor parental follow-up on pupil’s academic progress, also lack of rewards/motivations on pupils’ performance, poor participation of parents in school meetings and lack of punishment to pupils whenever they absconded or delayed to school were the main parental based factors influencing low literacy.
Teachers claimed on overcrowded classes, lack of teaching/learning facilities, inadequacy of teachers, and lack of teaching methodology as well as motivation as main factors that influenced low performance among pupils in the study area. Additionally, teaching subjects of which were out of teachers’ specialisation area was also reported to lower literacy among pupils since there were no learned teaching skills on such extra subjects a teacher was given to teach.
In case of pupils, gender was significantly affected by literacy; girls were less likely to perform better in reading, writing and counting than boys. Pupils (boys and girls) who were missing classes for seven or more days per month and those who never covered supplementary reading materials were at higher probabilities of low literacy.
Based on study findings the following recommendations were made;
- Extension on teacher-parent relationship is highly needed in the study area so as to increase cooperation among them and make the parents alerted on academic matter pertaining their children.
- Parents/guardians should ensure gender equity to their children as a way that will help girls to get ample time for academic matters
- Parents should be educated on the importance of education to their children so that can support abolishment of truancy, along with provision of food in schools.
- The Ministry of Education and Vocational Training and the MkurangaDristrict council, should increase teaching/learning facilities supplied in primary schools of the study area in order to improve literacy performance. Also the number teachers and classrooms should be increased so as to reduce higher pupil-teacher ratios.
- The Ministry of Education and Vocational Training should make sure that, the changes in teaching curricula should directly involve teachers as are ones who implement the curricula lather than being given instruction of what to do. The system of any changes should be bottom-up and not top down.
How To Get The Complete Material For Illiteracy
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Illiteracy” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Illiteracy” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.