Human Resources As A Catalyst For Economic Growth And Development In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Abuja Municipal Area Council)
This research work attempts to access the importance of human resources as a catalyst for economic growth development in Nigeria. In the first chapter, the researcher introduced topic and gave the importance of human resources in economic growth and development. This was followed by a detailed review of literature in which the importance of human resources in Economic development was discussed. The concept of human resources, human resources development and planning in Nigeria, how best to manage the human resources for economic growth and development, economic growth investment in human resources development, human resources Allocation and development in Nigeria, manpower problem, economic development in Nigeria and the enhancement and motivation of human resources in Nigeria. Data for the study was obtained by questionnaires which is the primary source of data. Findings from the sourced data showed that human resources have great importance in economic growth and development in Nigeria. Finally, it came to a conclusion that there is need to provide qualitative education and conducive environment for human resources development in Nigeria. Recommendation reveals that adequate attention and incentives should be accorded to human resources development in Nigeria.
Table Of Contents
- Approval Page i
- Dedication ii
- Acknowledgement iii
- Abstract v
- Table of contents vi
- 1.0 Introduction 1
- 1.1 Background Of The Study 1
- 1.2 Statement Of Research Problem 3
- 1.3 Objective Of The Study 4
- 1.4 Research Questions 4
- 1.5 Scope Of The Study 5
- 1.6 Significance Of The Study 5
- 1.7 Definition Of Terms 6
- References 8
- 2.0 Literature Review 9
- 2.1 Theoretical Foundation Of The Study 9
- 2.2 The History Of Human Resources Development 10
- 2.3 Concept Of Human Resources 12
- 2.4 The Importance Of Human Resources In Economic Development And How Best To Manage The Human Resource For Economic Growth And Development. 15
- 2.5 Human Resources Development And Planning In Nigeria 18
- 2.6 Investment In Human Resources Development 23
- 2.7 Human Resources Allocation And Utilization In Nigeria 26
- 2.8 Manpower Problem And Economic Development In Nigeria 33
- 2.9 Enhancement Of Motivation Of Human Resources In Nigeria 36
- References 40
- 3.1 Research Design And Methodology 43
- 3.2 Area Of The Study 43
- 3.3 Population Of The Study 44
- 3.4 Sample and Sampling Techniques 45
- 3.5 Sources Of Data Collection 46
- 3.6 Instrument Used For Data Collection 47
- 3.7 Establishing The Validity Of The Instrument 48
- 3.8 Establishing The Reliability Of The Instrument 48
- 3.9 Method Of Data Presentation And Analysis 49
- 4.1 Data Presentation and Analysis 50
- 4.2 Discussion Of Findings 63
- 4.3 Limitations Of The Study 63
- 5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary Of Findings 64
- 5.2 Conclusions 66
- 5.3 Recommendation 66
- Bibliography 69
- Appendix 73
- Research Questionnaire 74
1.1 Background Of The Study
Nigeria is a dynamic country that is blessed with abundant human and natural resources. The country has a publication of 140 million according to the 2006 census figures and high amongst the oil exporting countries.
Human resources is invariably the most important resources of Nigeria even when there are gigantic machines, sophisticated equipment and natural resources human resources still prevail. This therefore, calls for the need to adequately develop the human resources and then utilize human resources for the development of the Nigerian economy. The important of the human resource development in the Nigeria civil services as well as other organizations is unique and cannot be under=estimated. This is because; human resources is easily recognized as the most important of the resource requirement for the production of goods and services. It is the master key to the rapid industrialization and socio-economic growth.
Nagga (2000) posited that a country that under-rates the critical roles and underplays the importance of people in goal achievement can neither be effective nor efficient. He stressed that, of all factors contributing to the growth and development of nation, the human resource is unquestionably the most crucial. This implied that we might have money. Highly sophisticated machine, high quality material and land with the most precious materials on it. Unless we have the right quality and quantity of human resources, real development and economic growth will be almost impossible.
The above view underscores the fundamental role which human labour play as one of the basic element of management in economic development in Nigeria. It is against this background that the researcher got interest in the field of human resources. Since no economy can function efficiently without skilled and adequately developed workforce.
It is in the light of the above background on the contribution of human resources development to economic growth in Abuja municipal area council. That this research is conceived. The research will investigate the importance of human resources for economic growth and development in Nigeria.
1.2 Statement Of Research Problem
Human resource development problems in Nigeria appears to be on the increase. The unemployment phenomenon seems to be compounded with the absence and misplacement of human resource to capability of the public and private sectors of the economy to provide such opportunity for human resources at their disposal.
This problem of Nigeria under-employment lies primary with the neglect of its human resources potential. This study therefore, is aimed at finding out the important of human resources for economic growth and development of the country.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
- To study the importance of human resources for economic growth and development
- To study how best to manage the human resources for economic growth and development.
- To ascertain, evaluate and examine the extent to which increase in investment of human resources development could serve to economic growth and development.
- To find out the problem to the management of human resources.
Complete Material For Human Resources As A Catalyst For Economic Growth And Development In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Abuja Municipal Area Council)
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Human Resources As A Catalyst For Economic Growth And Development In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Abuja Municipal Area Council)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “Human Resources As A Catalyst For Economic Growth And Development In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Abuja Municipal Area Council)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Human Resources As A Catalyst For Economic Growth And Development In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Abuja Municipal Area Council)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.