Government Policies On Rural Industrialization And Its Impact On Cooperative Development (A Case Study Of Selected Cooperative Societies In Umunneochi L.G.A Of Abia State)
The contribution of government policies on rural industrialization and its impact on cooperative societies with Ummunneochi L.G.A of Abia State as the case study. Data was generated by questionnaires distributed among registered cooperative societies and government policies in rural areas. Cooperative have contributed by providing farm inputs to rural areas
Table Of Content
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of content
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of problem
- 1.3 Objective of the study
- 1.4 Research question
- 1.5 Significance of the study
- 1.6 Scope of the study
- 1.7 Limitation of the study
- 1.8 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Cooperative in umuneochi L.G.A of Abia State
- 2.3 The Government policies of rural industrialization
- 2.4 The concept of cooperative development
- 2.5 The nature of cooperative societies in Umuneochi L.G.A of Abia state
- 2.6 Services offered by rural industrialization
- 2.7 Financial institution
- 2.8 Problems encountered by cooperative in industrialization of rural areas
- 2.9 solutions to the problems encountered by cooperative in industrialization of rural areas
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research design
- 3.3 Population size
- 3.4 Sources / method of data collection
- 3.5 Sample size / sample size determination
- 3.6 Sampling technique and procedure
- 3.7 Validation of research instrument
- 3.8 Method of data analysis
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Presentation of data analysis
- 4.3 Analysis of data
- 4.4 Interpretation of data
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Summary of findings
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendations
Definition of cooperative societies are voluntary from business organizations in which individuals in a particular trade come together to foster/develop a smooth relationship aimed or protecting the interest of their members.
Ogujifor (2001) defined cooperative society as an association of persons or group of individuals who voluntarily joined together through business organization to achieve their common capital sharing in the risk and benefits and member participate actively or democratically.
Cooperative association and movement in the world has been seen as a continued or situational event or activity and an invention of necessity. It was born out of the local and economic condition and situation in Europe. The industrial revolution in Europe in the late eighteenth and all through the nineteenth century culminated in the formation of cooperative movement.
The rise and expansion of the modern cooperatives movement has its roots in the far reaching economic, social and political changes which took place in Europe in the eighteenth and nineteenth century especially the industrial revolution and the liberation of the peasantry from the former feudalistic system.
1.1 Background Of The Study
In every area of human endeavour, there are policies, rules and regulations that wide them. Also in every sector of the economy, both government and private business, there exist government policies that serves as a guiding principles or tools for regulations of the government against the performance of the operations of such sector. For example e.g NIPOST, agriculture, health, housing, transportation and services etc.
However, a good government will seek the welfare of its citizens; this explains newly such policies are argued/ ordained.
A good government policy is the government policy that has achieved a level of good or better like for its citizenry. Rural industrialization is synonymous. With development. Industrial development usually starts with simple processing of agricultural commodities by hand later by well fashioned and highly sophisticated equipment. These days, industrial manufacturing is a sophisticated mechanized process carried out in small firms or in huge plants and factories.
1.2 Statement Of Problems
These are some problems, which hampered rural industrialization in Nigeria such as:
- high taxation in the operators and such business/ sector
- low level technology: cooperative development in its infancy, machines are foreign technology.
- High social responsibility demands/law by the government and host commodities.
- Poor infrastructural development: In cooperative society in Umuneochi has not developed significance to encourage rapid industrialization by infrastructures, we mean education health facilities, roads, electricity, telecommunication and postal services etc.
- Inadequate capital: The amount of capital required per workers in rural industry is high and this is one of the main reasons why the take off into itself- sustained growth is such difficult operations as a result of cooperative development in Umunneochi still depend much on foreign investment for large industrial establishment
1.3 Objective Of The Study
- How the government formulate policies that will help achieve industrialization on cooperative development in rural areas.
- The study will find out how the government policies have impacted on cooperative development through rural industrialization.
- The study will also find out how the federal government (FG) through the federal department of cooperative improves the formation of agricultural cooperative and policies throughout the country.
- How the services of rural industries improve industrialization through cooperative development.
1.4 Research Questions
- Do you think that government policies have an impact on cooperative development through rural industrialization?
- Does the formulation of government policies helps to achieve industrialization on cooperative development?
- Can the services reentered by rural industries improve industrialization through cooperative development?
- How does the federal department through the federal government (FG)of cooperative improve on the formation of agricultural cooperative in the country?
1.5 Significance Of The Study
The finding of this study will be of a great benefit to:
- Know the impact of their policies in rural industrialization through development
- It will also reveal some factors affecting government policies on rural industrialization
- It will also look into various services being offered by rural industries on cooperative development.
Finally, government should make sure that these policies are very useful to the public and individual.
1.6 Scope Of The Study
This study will emphasis on the government policies and rural industrialization in Nigeria with particular references to some selected cooperative development in Umuneochi L.G.A of Abia State. Also will emphasis more fact and government collaboration with cooperative in the development of people in the rural area. It also explains productive factor or contribution of cooperative society in the rural area and how the rural dwellers have benefited from cooperative society.
1.7 Limitation Of The Study
Research of this standard is limited by problems which hindered the fully completion of the necessary information which required the full details of cooperative society.
- One of the factors that limited the research was finance; due to inadequate finance, I was unable to transport my self to some areas which I was supposed to.
- Also time fact which have to collide with my studies and exams. Inadequate information from the school library and the sources made limited this research.
1.8 Definition Of Terms
Is a body vested with the power and authority for maintaining security, peace and stability by making and enforcing conventional or government is an agency or machine through which they will of the state is formulated expressed and attained. If there is no agency or a body to regulate peoples activities, the society will depreciate to what Hobbes Thomas called primitive society where like was “Solitary, Poor, Nasty, Brutish and short.
A plan of action agreed or chosen to a political party.
It is transformation on processing of raw materials inputs into finished or new products.
This is the process by which the rural areas are industrialized with factories e.g build of roads, build of manufacturing companies in the rural areas with hope of developing the rural area.
5. Impact: In the broadest sense the term impact can be applied to any depression, natural or manmade, resulting from the high velocity. An impact is the collision of a large inctorite asteroid, comet or the celestial object with the earth or another planet.
The development is of ten use in the following combination economic development, socio-economic development, rural development, community development etc. therefore, development in each case refers to any progressive change primarily in the economic sphere but if the change is quantitative, they talk about economic growth. In a qualitative change we can talk about the structural changes or changes in content.
A cooperative is an autonomous association of persons who voluntarily cooperate for their mutual social economic and cultural benefit.
It also includes non-profit community organization and business that are owned and managed by the people who use its services.
This is a concept where common services for institution are developed by mutual cooperation between central and local development initiative.
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendation
This chapter presents the summary of findings, conclusion and the researcher’s recommendations on the topic under researcher.
5.2 Summary Of Findings
This research work was carried out by the researcher to study government policies in rural industrialization, impact on Nigeria cooperative development. (a case study of selected cooperative societies in Umunneochi L.G.A of Abia state). This was aimed to provide answer to the research questions which are enumerated below.
- That government formulates policies that will help achieve industrialization on cooperative development.
- The government policies have impacted cooperative development through rural industrialization.
- The federal government through the federal department of cooperative improve the formation of agricultural cooperative throughout the country.
- That services of rural industries improve industrialization through development.
- The respondent says that rural industry of cooperative society in Abia state has met the expectation of their numerical customer.
- The findings have shown that the staffs in the rural industry is happy because their salaries are comparable with those in other government organization.
- There is clear evidence that the organization of rural industry is sustained and that government policies have effect on the rural industrialization.
Workers emphasized their happiness stating that they work in rural industry because of better salary and allowance. The researcher found out that most problems in the rural industry was a result of substandard services and poor management.
Therefore, the government should create job opportunities which will enable the rural areas to benefit in the area of cooperative development, the government should create jobs by building industries, providing the rural dwellers with equipments for farming and education, the rural areas on the basic of cooperative society will enhance the development of the rural areas and also the Abia state in general.
Based on the finding on the government policies and rural industries with a particular reference to cooperative society in Abia state, the following recommendations were made.
- Management should see to the welfare of its workers through increase in their salaries and allowances, provision of accommodating and prompt payment of salaries.
- The management has to organized administrative training of its staff in order to improve on their efficiency and effectiveness.
- That policy makers or legislators that beware of enacting harsh legislation that impede the rural industrialization.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Government Policies On Rural Industrialization And Its Impact On Cooperative Development (A Case Study Of Selected Cooperative Societies In Umunneochi L.G.A Of Abia State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply