Evaluation Of Governor’s Lodge
This work is on evaluation of Governor’s lodge in Enugu state. The work intends to carryout evaluation on the toilet and bathroom, parking space and landscaping of the governor’s lodge surrounding. In the process it was found out that the lodge was not in good condition. Hence the need to put the evaluated places in good shape was possible. Areas evaluated were the toilet and bathroom, the parking space and the landscape of the lodge. Conclusion was drawn that continuous evaluate will put the governor’s in good condition all times. Therefore, it was recommended that the state government should always carryout evaluation on the lodge and its facilities in period of interval so as to give the lodge new look always.
1.1 Background of the Study
Lodge is originally a term for a relatively small building, often associated with a larger one. A lodge could be seen as a guesthouse where guests or visitors could be given accommodation. Lodge is a type of hotel-like were lodging activities are done. It may include bar, restaurant, recreational facilities and so on. In every nation or state the president or governor and some of his subordinates do performs their official duties in the government house. Government house may be seen as a place where the governor and some of the subordinate have their offices. It serves as the venue for the Governor’s official business, as well as the many receptions and functions hosted by the occupant. One of the infrastructures in government house is the governor’s lodge (Robert, 2013). A lodge may offer only the most basic guest services and facilities. Also, it may provide additional guest facilities such as a swimming pool, business centre (with computers, printers and other office equipment), conference and event facilities, tennis and/or basketball courts, gymnasium, restaurants and social function services. Governor’s lodge facility offers luxury amenities, service accommodations, on-site restaurant (s) and the highest level of personalized service, such as a concierge, room service and clothes pressing staff (Jack, 2013).
Governor’s lodge is a kind of guesthouse usually located in the Government House. The lodge is used for hosting visitors such as foreign counter part from other countries that came for business purposes or other social-economic activities, fellow state governors, and others that came for official purposes. When there are official meetings that will extend for days are being held in government house, the governor would host his visitors in the lodge. Therefore, it becomes necessary for the facilities in the lodge to be in good condition because the people that are the guests of the governor are usually people of political hierarchy and personnel. However, in a situation where the facilities in the lodge are not properly working or they are not properly designed to standard it will not be convenient for these people (William, 2013).
Therefore, it becomes necessary to know that all facilities are in good condition and are properly designed. In view of the above the researcher has keen interest in carrying out an evaluation of governor’s lodge in Enugu state, Nigeria with reference to facilities like the toilet and bathroom, parking space and the landscaping.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Governor’s lodge is subjected to renovation or maintenance at particular interval, sometime innovation. The condition of the toilet and bathroom, car park and landscaping in the Governor’s lodge in Enugu state is not encouraging. Agent attention must be taken to correct the lapses at the lodge. Especially the facilities mentioned above.
This project intends to solve the problems of inconvenience toilet and bathroom, inadequate space for car park and improper landscaping.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of this project is to present an evaluation of governor’s lodge in Enugu state, Nigeria.
Therefore, the specific objectives are to evaluate the follow;
- The toilet and bathroom in governor’s lodge in Enugu state
- The parking space in governor’s lodge in Enugu state
- Landscaping of the surrounding in governor’s lodge in Enugu state
- To improve the present design in governor’s lodge in Enugu state
1.4 Research Questions
- How would the toilet and bathroom in governor’s lodge in Enugu state be evaluated?
- How would the parking space in governor’s lodge in Enugu state be evaluated?
- How is the Landscaping of the surrounding in governor’s lodge in Enugu state?
- How would the present design in governor’s lodge in Enugu state be improved?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The importance of this project cannot be overemphasized. This is because the evaluation process in Governor’s lodge of Enugu state will help to correct several facilities such as the toilet and bathroom, car park and landscaping.
1.6 Scope and Delimitation of the Study
The project is focused on the evaluation of Governor’s lodge in Enugu state. The scope of the evaluation process will be limited to toilet and bathroom facilities, car park and landscaping.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
During the period of the project the researcher encountered some difficulties which serve as limitation to the study. These include time frame, lack of cooperation from respondents to be interviewed concerning the subject matter and finance.
To effectively formulate a design brief and present a suitable design proposal to accomplish the stated aims and objectives, data has to be collected and analyzed. The method for data collection would include:
- Primary sources of data collection which would include general interviews where first-hand information can be gathered directly from people close to the governor like his ADC, the PPS and others that work in the lodge like the chief protocol officer, chief security officer and the security guards. This will be done because immediate and direct responses will give better information in thiscase.
- Study and analysis of data collected from secondary sources like relevant books, seminars and lecture notes, architectural journals and magazines, published and unpublished works of other researchers, newspapers, encyclopedia, and the internet e.t.c. These would be consulted with the aim of understanding the basic ideas regarding the design approach for such projects, drawing of inferences and deductions to be utilized in the designproposal.
- Case studies: Detailed study of similar design solutions within and outside the country, visiting existing structures within the country where I would physically observe, take notes and snap photographs to be fully acquainted with the prevailing solutions. The case study will be the governor’s lodge in Enugu state.
- Exploration of site conditions for the effective exploitation of theproposal.
1.9 Architectural Significance
As it has already been established, security as well as privacy (where required) are important aspects architecture; therefore solving the problem I have identified will bring about an improvement in the design of governors’ lodge for this system of government. A design that, in itself, would achieve security, privacy and openness while supporting the more lodge electronic system of security to providemore.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
The need for security in a Governors’ lodge cannot be over-emphasized. On the other hand, the need for openness in this system of Government has an almost equivalent importance. Therefore, to achieve both conflicting entities, a balance has to be attained.
To understand the level of security or openness to be implemented, one has to understand how a Governors’ lodge operates and the changes that have taken place in the types of operations since the change of Government from military to civilian. Interviews, study of existing literature and case studies were taken to obtain such information.
It was found out that apart from the normal official activities that take place, the Governors’ lodge now hosts some political activities like rallies, courtesy calls and visits by party members for a number of reasons. Armed with that information, parts of the lodge that need to be open and those that need to be secluded and to what degree were identified and solutions were sought for.
Thus, to implement security and openness in a harmonious way, architectural tools like zoning and site planning have to be used. These tools on their own achieve the aim to a certain degree and they also aid extra security measures like electronic security systems and manpower security.
With all these information and tools at hand, a design that is fully equipped to accommodate the present needs of a modern, democratic Governors’ lodge was made.
Having clearly understood the utmost importance of security in a Governors’ lodge based on the activities take place there and the importance of the Governor himself and the calibre of people that associate with him. This research has also opened its mind to the need to render this Governors’ lodge open to the public as required by the present system of Government.
To achieve the aim of producing a good design, the information acquired in this research were put to use. Based on these findings, areas with major security conflict were identified to be the offices, clinic and guest chalets. But with proper planning and appropriate zoning, this conflict is greatly reduced.
Therefore it is the conclusion of this research that:
- As much as the Governors’ lodge is supposed to accommodate a lot of activities relating to the Governor, any office that can operate independent of the Governors’ lodge like the Deputy Governor’s office shouldn’t be located in the lodge. This minimises the amount of people that will have to come into the lodge thereby reducing security risks.
- There should be a provision of outdoor functions and activities in form of lawns or amphitheatres situated in a place where people can easily be monitored. These spaces can be used for certain political gatherings, outdoor galas and Children’s’ Day and Independence Day parties held by the first lady.
- The use of indirect access between functions helps to control and restrict movement of people from one point to another.
- Ideally, a Governors’ lodge shouldn’t have more than two entrances/exits. This is because they can easily be guarded efficiently and they give adequate room for privacy and discreteness.
- The architecture of any Governors’ lodge should be grand so as to be recognized as the seat of power. It should also feature in its form or elevations elements the people of that state can identify with.
Governor’s lodge is a place of residence for the governor of a particular state, the structure and design of the building should be moderate and conducive enough considering the fact that a lot of visitation will occur, it is expected to house enough parking space with a competent security system. The location of the lodge shouldn’t be difficult to locate and also not open for easy access.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Evaluation Of Governor’s Lodge
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply