The Evaluation Of The Effectiveness Of Advertising In Changing Consumers Behaviour (A Case Study Of Vita Foam Owerri)
This study was on the evaluation of the effectiveness of advertising in changing consumers behavior (A case study of Vitafoam Owerri) examined some of the factors that helps change the attitude or behaviours of consumers when they are faced with a new or an old existing product.
The literature review was basically on theoretical framework, historical background and current literary meanings of advertising by different authors especially those writers who have written immensely on the topic or relevant to it. During the course of this work the research design method used was survey method, while both primary and secondary sources of data collections were sued.
The total population size of the company was 245 out of which questionnaires were drawn from 95 staff of the business organization that constituted the sample size. The sample size were drawn from the staff and customers of the company.
The method used in data presentation was simple percentage while chi-square (x2) method was sued in testing the hypothesis, the findings were that vitafoam Owerri staff was advertising as the key to change the behaviours of consumer and therefore recommend that vitafoam Owerri should adopt advertising as a tool that will help change the attitude of consumer which include bill boards, posters, television, radio, magazines, newspaper etc in order to change their various behaviours.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the research problem
- 1.3 Objective of the study
- 1.4 Research questions
- 1.5 Significance of the study
- 1.6 Scope of the study
- 1.7 Limitation of the study
- 1.8 Definition of terms
- 2.1 An overview of advertising
- 2.2 Advertising objective
- 2.3 Types of advertising
- 2.4 Evaluation of advertising effectiveness
- 2.5 Overview of consumer behavior
- 2.6 The role of consumer behaviour in marketing
- 2.7 The effectiveness of advertising on the behavior of vitafoam of Nigeria consumers.
- 3.1 Research design
- 3.2 Population of study
- 3.3 Sample size
- 3.4 Sampling procedure
- 3.5 Sources of data
- 3.6 Instruments used for data collection
- 3.7 Validity of the instrument
- 3.8 Method of collecting data
- 3.9 Method of data analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Data presentation
- 4.3 Discussion of findings
Summary of Findings, Recommendations and Conclusion
- 5.1 Summary of findings
- 5.2 Recommendation
- 5.3 Conclusion
1.1 Background Of The Study
The basic reason for this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising in changing consumers behavior in the financial institutions using vitafoam Owerri as a case study.
Advertising as the case may be could be defined as the process of communicating a company’s brands value proposition by using a paid media to inform, persuade and remind the consumers about an old but existing products or new products where and how then can find them (Kotler p. 2007, pg 302).
Advertising must be blended into the overall integrated marketing communication programme. Although advertising can be traced back to the very beginnings or recorded history. According to Gary Armstrong (2003 pg 143), he stated that archaeologists working in the countries around the Mediterranean sea have dug up signs and symbols announcing various events and offers.
During the golden age in Greece, town criers announced the sale of cattle, crafted items, and cosmetics. An early “signing commercial” went as follows: for eyes that are shining, for checks like the dawn/for beauty that last after girlhood is gone/for prices is reason, the woman who knows/will buy her cosmetics from Aesclyptos” modern advertising however is a far cry from these early efforts. Vita foam’s advertisers now run up an estimated annual advertising bill of more that 30 million naira annually (vita foam Owerri annual report of 2009).
Although advertising is sued mostly by business firms, a wide range of non-profit organizations, professional bodies and social agencies and some financial institutions. Vitafoam Owerri also use advertising to create awareness of their various products and services and also to change their consumers negative behaviours towards their goods and services into positive behaviours.
Intact, the 27th largest advertising spenders is a non-profit organization. Vita foam Owerri uses advertising in order to inform persuade their various target markets about their products and services.
1.2 Statement Of The Problems
Ineffective advertising or no advertising by financial institution has affected consumers behaviours in the industry.
This problem of ineffective and inefficient advertising ahs denied customers or clients of their required information about the operations of the financial institutions.
Also it has prevented clients, customers from having a wide range of information, knowledge of the various products offered in the industry, thereby limiting them from having any opportunity or advantage of these products in the market.
The consequences of this is that most customers or consumers are grossly unsatisfied and unaware of the products offered by the industry and this is affecting the growth of the industry and as well as dissatisfaction of consumers.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
The objective of the study is to be examined critically the level of awareness that has been generated by the advertising campaign to consumers to clients of financial products.
Thus, the objectives include:
- To find out the level of advertising campaign that will help build customer relationships by communicating customer value.
- To find out the best advertising strategy to adopt in order to inform, persuade orient current and potential customers in the industry.
- To ascertain consumers perception of the strategic advertising message communicated to the target audience.
- To find out if the advertising campaign will enhance growth, development and profitability of the industry through increase of market share.
- To make useful recommendation towards effective advertising campaign in the industry.
1.4 Research Questions
- Does advertising create awareness of the company’s products to customers?
- Does advertising of the company create a significant relationship between customer and the company’s products?
- Does advertising helps to ascertain customers perception?
- Does advertising campaign help to promote growth, development and profitability of the industry?
- Does advertising make useful recommendation towards effective advertising campaign in the industry?
1.5 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this study is centered on the effectiveness of advertising in changing consumers behavior. In order words, the bank will sue the information to evaluate the change in behavior of their customers within Okpara Avenue, Enugu state metropolis.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
This study will help the vitafoam company to create more awareness of their products to their potential and intending customers. The study will also be useful to the management of vitafoam Owerri for the purpose of policy formulation and in priority setting when considering provision of facilities and infrastructures.
The study is bound to have a positive impact on the financial management of the company. It will stimulate the interest of other business who are also in the forefront of becoming the first leading foam produces in Nigeria and also direct their interest to the satisfaction of customers in Owerri metropolis.
The study will provide the researcher with opportunity to broaden his knowledge and solve the research problem. This study will contribute immensely to the stock of human and scientific knowledge.
1.7 Limitations Of The Study
The limitations of this study lie in the under listed constraints.
- There were insufficient journals and textbooks on this topic which led to scanty information that subsequently affected the literature review. However, the researcher made use of the available ones.
- There was non-existence of already made research work on this topic hence the researcher encountered difficulties in the course of carrying out this research work.
- Time and duration of this project work was to short and this adversely affected the research work.
- Lack of finance was also one of the limitations faced by the researcher during the time of conducting this research work.
- Lastly, another major constraint was inadequate co-operation by the respondents which reduced the amount of data collected.
1.8 Definition Of Terms
This can be defined as any paid form of non-personal sales presentation and promotion of ideas, goods or services by an identified sponsor (Kotler, Armstrong 2008: 42)
A consumer can be seen and defined as that individual person, household, group that purchases a product for his personal use or household use, or even resells to another (Edoga p. 2002. Pg. 103)
They are referred to as those negative or positive behavior attitude, characters that consumers or buyers portrays when ever a product or service is offered or mentioned to their hearing or for their patronage 9Ebue, 2002, pg. 129).
According to (Kotler, 2007, pg 421) consumer means those behavior that consumers displays in searching for a product to purchase or when ever a product is pushed to them to patronize, use them, evaluate them, dispose them.
Adrika, Nnolim: (2002 pg 31) define marketing communication as an intelligent effort of a company to design and disseminate information, its products service and product content benefits to the target audience using different media channels.
Customer Relationship Management:
Kotler (2007:pg 12-13) defined customer relationship management as the overall process of building and maintaining profitable customer relationship by delivering superior quality and value to ensure customer satisfaction.
Armstrong (2001, pg 214) defines customer satisfaction as the effect to which a products perceived performance matches a buyer’s expectation.
Customers Perceived Value:
This means the customers evaluation of the differences between all the benefits and all the costs of a market offering relative to those of competing offers. (Nnolim 2002: pg 108).
Kotler (2008: pg 10) suggests that to achieve organizational goal depends on knowing the needs and wants of the target audience and delivering the desired satisfactions better than other competitors.
Adrika (2000: pg 38) defined product concept a s the idea that consumers will favour products that offers the most superior quality, product with high performance and features and that the organization should therefore devote its energy to making continuous product improvements.
5.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusions and Recommendation
5.1 Summary Of Findings
This study was undertaken to ascertain the level of awareness, patronage and profitability generated by the century II advertising campaign of vita foam Owerri. It was also the objectives of the study to identify the communication media types compared with one another in effectively communicating the message.
The study was sought to measure the believability of the claims made about the bank in all the advertisement conducted.
The facilitate the investigation a structured questionnaires were administered to two hundred and forty – five (245) respondents, 95 were made up of the staff of the vita foam and 150 customers of the vita foam as well in Owerri main branch.
In all the analysis revealed a high level of awareness for the advertising campaign as well as considerable level of recalling advertising contents. While the radio was the medium that generated the highest level of awareness, the press advertisements and the claims in them showed that advertising does works and that it ahs worked for vita foam in communicating to its customers and even the banking public, the changes that have taken place at the vita foam.
- It is recommended that vita foam Owerri maintains its present level of advertising and if possible increases on it.
- The company should continue to make it a matter of executional mandatory to its advertising agencies and publics to stress the facts of the company’s financial strength, reliability and re-engineered process in its advertising.
- Further media planning and selection for the company’s advertising should reflect the relative proportions of the contribution of the media types to awareness and communication radio should be the lead medium in subsequent campaigns.
- Finally, even through the contributions of advertisement to the overall financial success of vita foam cannot be isolated therefore, there is no doubts that advertising has worked for vita foam Owerri.
- It should therefore continue to advertise its products and services to its customers.
From the analysis of findings from this study, several conclusions can be made in relation to the objective of the study.
Firstly, the level of awareness of vita foam Owerri’s advertisement is very high among the banking public. Spontaneous awareness is high for the people among all the vita foams operating in Owerri.
Secondly, both customers and non-customers exhibited considerable level of recall of the content and message of the advertisements of the vita foam Owerri.
Thirdly, it ahs been shown that awareness for the vita foam generated by its exposure through various channels of advertising, television, radio, outdoor, newspapers, phone calls and magazines.
Fourthly, the media rating in terms of mileage revealed that radio was the most potent channel in the advertising of vita foam Owerri.
Finally, the advertising messages were generally believable as shown in table 4.10 of chapter four. It ahs been possible to determine the effectiveness of the century II advertising campaign in increasing awareness for vita foam Owerri and also communicating the changes going on in the company to its customers and vita foam has also been tremendous, therefore the vita foam is well recommended.
The Evaluation Of The Effectiveness Of Advertising In Changing Consumers Behaviour (A Case Study Of Vita Foam Owerri)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Evaluation Of The Effectiveness Of Advertising In Changing Consumers Behaviour (A Case Study Of Vita Foam Owerri)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “The Evaluation Of The Effectiveness Of Advertising In Changing Consumers Behaviour (A Case Study Of Vita Foam Owerri)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Evaluation Of The Effectiveness Of Advertising In Changing Consumers Behaviour (A Case Study Of Vita Foam Owerri)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.