Estimating And Budgeting A Medium Scale Building Project (A Case Study Of A Proposed Department Of Quantity Surveying At Kwara State)
This project, focus on preliminary activities that lead to draft bill of qualities for a propose multi-purpose studio hall, Ilorin. It’s centralized on preparation of bill of qualities for a studio hall and taking offs project.
Meanwhile, this is to prepare the construction legation and to understand the construction arrangement between the client and the client and the construction company, industry.
1.0 Background Information
This project is based on proposed multi-purpose studio hall off Oke Ose community central mosques Ilorin.
Kwara state is one of the 36 states in Nigeria, in which Ilorin is the Capital; in Kwara state we have several higher institutions which include university of Ilorin, Kwara State Polytechnic, Federal Polytechnic Offa, College of Education Oro, Kwara State University Ilorin and also College of Education Ilorin.
A television studio is an installation in which video production take place, either for the recording of live television to video tape, or for the acquisition of raw footage for post production.
A studio floor is the actual stage on which the actions that will be recorded take place. Studio floor has the following characteristics and installations:-
- Decoration or sets
- Professional video camera (sometimes one usually several) on pedestals.
- Stage lightning rigs and the associated controlling equipment.
- Several video monitors for visual feedback from the production control room (PCR).
- A small public address system for communication
- A glass window between PCR and studio floor for direct visual contract is usually desired, but not always possible while a production is in progress, people composing a television crew work studio floor.
Production Control Room
The studio control room (SCR) is the place in a television studio in which the compositions of the outgoing program take place. The production control room is occasionally also called a studio room.
Master Control Room
The mater control room, house equipment that is too noisy or runs too hot for the production control room (PCR). It also makes sure that coax cable and other wire lengths and installation requirement keep within manageable lengths since most high-quality wiring runs only between devices in this room.
A television studio usually has other rooms with no technical requirement beyond broadcast reference monitors and studio monitors for audio. Among them are:-
- One or more make-up and changing rooms.
- A reception area for crew, toilet and visitors, commonly called the green room.
The design term on consultancy, services headed by the Architects, civil engineers, who carry out the design, this process are a planned office works into the requirement of the client. The production of a building in a more economical, quick and orderly manner, other professional function along side with the architect for the cost implication and preparation of bill of quantities (BOQ). The expected professional needed at the stage is the quantity surveyor. His concern is the economics of all resources such as labor, plant materials and financial aspect in order to produce building in the quick and economical manner because many building today have not been completed.
1.1 Description of Works
These projects consist of construction and erection of the proposed Multi-Purpose studio Hall situated at Oke-Ose community at University of Ilorin teaching hospital Ilorin Kwara State, Nigeria.
The studio development and take off project will be constructed on loamy soil of about 28,410 in length and 13,820 widths.
The construction is formed on plain over site concrete floor is of reinforce concrete slab (150mm thick). The walls are 230mm tick concrete block. The roofing used in long san aluminum roofing sheet fixed a roofing structure, plumbing installation, electrical installation complete etc.
1.2 Aim and Objectives
The major aim of the study is to estimate and budget for proposed Multi studio hall at Oke Ose community, Ilorin.
- To understand bill operation of taking off process, abstraction bill drafting and pricing.
- To understand the process of site feasibility report.
- To understand the process of given pre-construction cost of any proposed project.
1.3 Scope of the Project
The scope of the project is to prepare a draft bill of quantities for a proposed multipurpose studio hall.
However, the limitation may not be accurate as a result of:
- Inability of conduct proper site investigation.
- Inability of conduct the architect that designs the project
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
This research was carried out to estimate and budget for a medium scale building project for proposed multipurpose studio hall at Oke Ose community VIA Ilorin Kwara State.
It also designed to show the process of abstracting taking off the method of preparation of bills of quantities.
In conclusion we observe that estimating and budgeting for medium scale building project is very important.
- It enable all contractor tendering for a contract to price on exactly the same information of variation which often
- It services as a guideline for the contractor.
- It provides a basis for the valuation of which occurs during the project of the work.
From the analysis of data in chapter four of the project that following recommendation should be made.
- The quantity surveyor should provide an estimate during this preliminary stage of the project in order to forecast its likely cost.
- It is important not to underestimate and not to overestimate proper estimating procedure should be used and the layout if the estimated should be clear and logical.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Estimating And Budgeting A Medium Scale Building Project (A Case Study Of A Proposed Department Of Quantity Surveying At Kwara State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply