Employee’s Performance In Lead Way Assurance Company, Kaduna
The research work undertaken is on “Impact of recruitment and Selection Procedure on Employee’s Performance” a case study of Lead Way Assurance Company, Kaduna. For the research work to be adequately understood the researcher introduced the subject matter by highlighting the statement of the general problem, the researcher hopes to get with kin interest the importance attached to impact of recruitment and Selection especially as it affects the organization. Also the researcher hopes to find out problems associated in Recruitment and selection and it emphasis the importance and variable that will bring about good decision within the organization. Also the research project touched the method of gathering data use in this study, the use of primary method was used which is the questionnaire and the personal interview method for gathering all the data, this was used for the purpose of documentation, accuracy and references. The researcher also went further by analyzing the findings of this research work. The researcher used a sample size or twenty five (25) which is the total population of the staff of Lead Way Assurance in collecting the data. The data collected were tabulated and analyzed simple percentage. Finally, the researcher ended this study with an appropriate recommendation, where he stated that Incentives should be encourage by providing free medical facilities, housing allowances, transport allowances, staff welfare etc when all these have been provided it will enhance the level of productivity of the staff of the Board. The researcher also recommended that The actual method of inter actions can be determined by subsequent training needs.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.0 Background of the study
- 1.1 Statement of the Problem
- 1.2 Objective of the study
- 1.3 Significance of the study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Scope of the study
- 1.6 Historical background of the study
- 2.0 Introduction
- 2.1 Definition of recruitment
- 2.2 Sources and methods of Recruitment
- 2.3 Factors Affecting recruitment
- 2.4 Definition of Selection
- 2.5 Stages in the selection process
- 2.6 Effect of recruitment and Selection on Employees performance
- 2.7 Human resources Planning and for Analysis prior to recruitment and Selection, Placement and orientation
- 2.8 Recruitment Process
- 2.9 Summary of the Chapter
- 3.0 Introduction
- 3.1 Research Design
- 3.2 Area of Study
- 3.3 Population of the Study
- 3.4 Sample size and Sampling Techniques
- 3.5 data Collection Instrument
- 3.6 Validation of Instrument
- 2.7 Reliability of the Instrument
- 3.8 Method of data Collection
- 3.9 Method of Data Analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis of Findings
- 4.0 Introduction
- 4.1 Data presentation and Analysis
- 4.2 Summary of Findings
- 4.3 Discussion of Findings
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
1.0 Background Of The Study
The success or failure of any organisation depends upon the management of its materials’ financial and effective management of resources like staff or management resources. This means that the human resource requirement of any organization has to be planned. No organisation can grow effectively unless the function of manpower planning is carried out effectively.
The provision of human resources manager with an analytical framework designed to assist in the prediction and prevention of possible problems. The approach encourages being proactive, and considering the nature that influences the activities of human resources management and explores the significance for two human resources activities in particular. The two of which are employee selection procedures.
The recruitment and selection procedure sets out how to ensure as far as possible, that the best people are recruited on merit, and that the recruitment process is free from bias and discrimination.
There is high labour turnover within poor recruitment and selection of staff or inadequate staffing procedure is contributing to this high labour. It must be realized high labour turnover amount employer is not only waste of resources in terms of staffing but make a heavy demand on the time of the department concerned as they would always need to recruit new employees.
Selection of employees is the vital processes for a successful organisation, having the right staff can improves and sustain organisation performance and the selection procedure.
Recruitment procedures outline in details the specification taken. It appears to follow different pattern’s from one organization to another, this differences is not in recruitment itself but on the policy of the organization.
However, the organization should develop these procedures in accordance with the following concepts.
- Procedures are not ends unto themselves, they are means to an end. The objective should be to develop a series of procedures that will facilitate accomplishment of task with minimum effort.
- Procedures should be designed to facilitate communication and co-ordination of various efforts.
- Effective operations require that responsibility be clearly designed for the accomplishment of each procedure. Failure to do so will result to overlapping to efforts and conflict between operating personnel.
- Procedure permits management by exception “a procedure should be establish at the lowest organizational level.
1.1 Statement Of The Problem
The following are the problem to be considered as regards to the topic:
The partial selection to staff sectionalisation and God-fatherism in recruitment procedures in an organisation, lack of inadequate of recruitment and selection staff follow the stipulated procedures by the organisation, the problem of inadequate selection of personnel in the organisation demote morale of staff as well as their effective performance, lack of recruitment and selection procedures to carry out in the effective way in an organisation.
In any organisation, the fact remains that the efficiency of human resources management of financial and materials resources has a direct relationship with the success or failure of the organisation.
If the member and type of people are employed in an organisation, there will be the spirit of team work which will contribute the success of the work.
1.2 Objective Of The Study
- To examine recruitment and selection procedure in Lead way assurance company and determines their effectiveness
- To find out the techniques of staffing in lead way assurance company
- To analyze the poor selection problem that may arise as a result of wrong selection and suggest some possible solution that may be used in solving these problems
- To examine the method employed by the organisation in recruiting personnel.
1.3 Significance Of The Study
The practical experience acquired from the study will broaden the knowledge of the researcher to appreciate both the theory and the practice. It is hope that the outcome of the study would be of great importance to the students of management and business administration in the field as well.
This is considering improved organisation efficiency of the subject matter. The issue pertaining recruitments and selection in lead way assurance company and other organisation shall gain tremendously from the research as it will indicates to them how best recruitment policy are adopted and practiced so the they will be efficiency in the organisation and it will give management knowledge staffing procedure. It also serves as guide and sources of secondary data for the further research. It also serves as a pre-requisite for the award of HND in Business Administration, Kaduna Polytechnic.
1.4 Research Question
- What are the recruitment and selection procedure in the organisation?
- What type of selection test do your organization adopt?
- What are the problems affecting recruitment procedure in your organization?
- What are the methods employed by the organisation in recruiting personnel?
1.5 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this study covers the recruitment procedure and its effect on productivity. The study could not the whole public sector. Therefore, it will be restricted to Lead Way Assurance Company, Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna and it covers the period 2009-2011.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
This study is important as it is a pre-requisite for the award of Higher National Diploma in Business Administration. It’s also provides new insights into recruitment and selection procedure in an organization especially in a private sector as well as the organization understudy.
The study add to the existing knowledge and also a reference material for further research, As such, it will be a springboard to students intending to carryout similar research.
Employee’s Performance In Lead Way Assurance Company, Kaduna
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Employee’s Performance In Lead Way Assurance Company, Kaduna
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “Employee’s Performance In Lead Way Assurance Company, Kaduna” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Employee’s Performance In Lead Way Assurance Company, Kaduna” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.