Effects Of Personnel Policies On Organization Effectiveness
Certain cardinal factors determine the success and growth of any organization one of the factors is the personnel department in any given organization
These personnel policies and programmer are usually initiated and formulated by the personnel department headed by personnel Director manager or industrial Relation Officer, ass the organization denies fit.
This research work tends to investigation personnel policies at it affect promotion of staff recruitment of personnel, training and development of personnel, and disciplinary measures against airings staff of the I.M.T limited.
The function of this personnel department linger on the above area of concern in an organization. It is therefore pertinent to point out here that a well concerned set and effective implementation of personnel policies help the management to achieve the co-operate objective of an organization.
These policies wither being formulated should be in line with the organization culture and those of the business environment. The concept of this culture is important to our modern managers as it goes a long may to unlace the organizational structure, leadership philosophy selection discipline, salary and wage administration among others. This culture compliments interest to the in division with a given society or its subdivision. A careful study personnel policies organizational effectualness. A case study of I .M. TEnuguon which this research is being carried out.
1.1 Background Of The Study
In past, many profit and non-profit recited enterprise did not realize the important role personnel department play in realizing the organizational objectives. The major functions then was that of welfare services.
But in the recent past, personnel started to be recognized as a major tool in achieving thee co-operate objectives of any organization. These function now include, initiation and to the management and development and training, recruitment and selection, salary and wage administration, relations, promotion and disciplines e.tc.
Many organizations now cannot successfully operate withouse noble roles performed by the personnel department. A good set of personnel policies if well implemented answer greater organizational effectiveness. This is the more reason why the personnel department is not given a pride of place in any organizations policy formulation. Some initial areas as seen under the personnel department functions are usually taken into consideration. The culture of the people and society is also considered so that more effective and goal-oriented policies are made.
The researcher’s study of (I.M.T) Enugu will show the various effect of personnel policies on the organizational effectiveness.
1.2 Statement Of Problems
The main objectives of this project are to provide suggestive solution to the problems associated with the initiation, formulation and implementation of personnel policies in organization.
By the end of this project, we shall be provided with the system than can be used to achieve the following objectives.
- To create awareness for managers of organization on the various personnel policies and their affects
- To assist our modern manager / entrepreneurs of business organization on the most effective way of formulating and implementing policies to achieve the set objectives.
- To create awareness on the need for training and development of manpower in order to adapt to new changes and policies in an organization.
- To provide warmly signals on some of the ineffective policies that they may not serve the purpose sought for, due to the following.
- Deficiency in their formulation
- The mode of implementing and
- Non-compliance of the employees and the attendant consequence associated with such
- In particular, the project will help I.M.T to address itself to areas of its weakness and to be able to come out with effective result.
1.3 Problems That The Study Will Be Concerned With
This study is concerned with the various personnel policies and their affects on the overall organization effectiveness. It is also goes to unreal some of the problems associated with ineffective personnel management. The place of personnel department in an enterprise with respect to policy formulation and implementation was also covered.
It was also aimed at investigating the various conditions requiring training and development of employees with the aim of improving their productivity and general efficiency.
Nevertheless, this scope was invited with some castration, hence the study was narrowed to Anamco Enugu as a case study.
- Time: I was constrained by time. The time taken traveling from my house Onitsha during the course of this study left little for other areas I was intended to cover. Notwithstanding, the scope intended to cover in study the researcher was constrained with the following factors.
- Finance: As a student, I encountered a lot of financial constraints, and this hindered by obtaining all relevant materials information or statistical data during the course of my study.
- Another constraints are the non-response to my respondents. Their non-challant attitude and above all, their level of ignorance led to some of the unreliable results obtained in this study.
- Conclusively, bureaucracy obtainable in the place visited with references to Anammco was in no small may a constraint.
However, a good and reliable project work like this comes out his of the foregoing limiting factors.
1.4 Importance Of Studying The Area
In essence, this research work is aimed at serving certain important roles in relations to individuals or group of individuals or a particular event.
In view of the effects which personnel policy have on the overall growth and efficiency many organizations, this project work becomes important to both the management and the labour (employees).
Secondly, the study will help our modern managers in their policy, formulation and implementation with a view to attain the cooperate objectives of heir organizations.
Furthermore, it is hoped that the result of this study will serve in shaping the organization policy, towards the attainment of the set objectives.
Lastly, this study is very important to the IMT Enugu in providing a base for it to address certain area and to be able to come out with result oriented policies and programmes.
1.5 Definition Of Terms
Culture is defined as shared beliefs, values, attend and expectations about appropriate ways to behave that are held by the member of a social group.
Two Factors Theory:
This is a thing of motivation proposed in the late 1950s by Fred Herberg, an American Psychologist, this resulted from his study of “JOB SATISFACTION” in which the found that satisfaction with work are caused by Two factors which be called
- Hygiene factors, and
This represents the percentage of he total labour force of an organization learning its employment and being replaced over a given period of time, usually a year.
Is anybody involved in the administration of organization with the authority to use organizational resources like money, labour or equipment in furtherance of the organization’s
This a psychological process which involved the experience needs and devices and behaviour that leads to the goal which satisfies them. It refers to those factors that predispose people, to act in one way rather than another.
This refers to plan of action or statement of aims and ideas made by an organization group or individual or even government, example is the personnel policy, aimed at directing and co-oriented the actions of employees towards attaining the organizational objectives
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Effects Of Personnel Policies On Organization Effectiveness
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply