The Effects Of Good Public Relations Management On Productivity Of Data Textile Mill
The main focus of this study is to examine the effect of good public relation management on productivity in Delta Textile Mill, Asaba in Delta State. Survey research design was employed and convenience sampling method was used to select 50 respondent from Delta Textile Mill in Asaba. Well structured questionnaire was issued and out of 50 issued, 47 were returned and validated for the study. Data was analyzed using frequecy and tables. Findings from the study revealed that good Public relations management make an organization more effective when it identifies strategic constituencies in the environment and then develops communication programs to build long-term, trusting relationships with them and the organization client. Furthermore, effective communication and PR in any organization can facilitate smoother ways of eliminating misunderstanding, hatred, rumor and grapevine among employee. The study therefore recommend that Public Relation professionals and expert working with different organization should ensure that proper communication methodologies are strictly adhered to when retating with clients and other employees as this will enhance organizational productivity.
1.1 Background of the Study
All companies/organization whether profit or no-profit oriented cannot get on well on their own without public’s goodwill, organization are also identified with peculiar productivity which determines the success or failure of that organization. Public acceptance of any organization therefore is determined by the soundness and effectiveness of it’s public relations programmes good public relations is not something which can be achieved quickly by any business organization because to gain the respect and confidence of people requires time publicity that distorts faces, misrepresent or misleads is not worthy of the name public relation neither does it means spending extravagant for entertaining influential people nor staging spectacular parties to attract attention.
In some cases, public relations is used as a temporally defensive measures to compensate for mistaken in dealing with customers neihbours and other group of people and also when faced with strike of employees/productivity. Being a management policy to build a good and mutual understanding is something which advertisement alone cannot achieve; instead it is the responsibility of every public relations department. Thus, the intent of this study is to review management on productivity of Delta, Textile Mill Asaba in the light achieving positive public opinion through effective public relation Department. As a result this project is arranged in three chapters and the succeeding provides a plan for the paper, chapter one deals with introduction background of study, objectives of the study (purpose) scope and limitation of study.
1.2 Objective of the Study
The study into the effect of public relations management on productivity of Delta Textile Mill. Specifically It is seeks
- To determine to what extent the public relations department programme has gone into reducing the problem of the organization.
- To evaluate the performance for existing public relation department in the organization with the intention to determine the competence of the staffs willingness to work together with the facilities and finance available to the department.
- To find out if the management of Delta Textile Mill buys the opinion and programmes initiated by the public relation officer/manger.
- To know whether the public relations manager do belong to the management.
- To look into the relationship between the management and the productivity, the effectiveness of the public relations programme and the desired proficiency or skill of its staff.
1.3 Research Question
The research is guided by the following question
- What is extent the public relations department programme has gone into reducing the problem of the organization?
- What is the performance level of the existing public relation department in the organization?
- Are staffs willingness to work together with the facilities and finance available to the department delta textile mill?.
- Does the management of Delta Textile Mill buys the opinion and programmes initiated by the public relation officer/manger?
- Does the public relations manager do belong to the top management level?
- Is there any relationship between effectiveness of the public relations programme in an organization and the desired proficiency or skill of its staff.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This research work will be of immense importance and benefits to public relations department of organizations. The result of this work will equip public relation department to with the basic knowledge of the extent to which its management is effective to productivity.
The research work will also services as a reference material to academicians and students who carryout research on this topic.
1.5 The Scope of the Study
It may be worthy to mention that this study embraces all government and privately established industries with particular references to Delta Textile Mill Ltd Asaba. The scope of the study encompasses the past and present activities of the organization.
1.6 Limitation of Study
In the course of conducting the research there are some unwarranted difficulties the researcher faced in a bide to make the study a true meaning, the problem are noted down as follows:
The present economic depression in the country has made it almost impossible for every family to have enough. It alone giving the sufficient money to cater for his daily need in the school this implies that the researcher as a student has no other money except the one which he obtained from the sponsor or relations. Also the sky pocking prices of commodities accompanied by the workmanship in typing the project, traveling from place to place for reference purpose in order to get the much needed information.
The significance or needed emphasis placed on the time in conducting research cannot be over exaggerated This implies that time has serious impact in conduct of research work the time log between traveling to get the required information and submission of the finished work needed such pressure and greater dedication the part of the researcher in order to enable him complete the assignment.
Finally, non-availability of relevant data from the company poses a big problem and the inability of the offices to release some of their confidential material, which would have helped the research work.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
The main focus of this study is to examine the effect of good public relation management on productivity in Delta Textile Mill, Asaba in Delta State. Survey research design was employed and convenience sampling method was used to select 50 respondent from Delta Textile Mill in Asaba. Well structured questionnaire was issued and out of 50 issued, 47 were returned and validated for the study. Data was analyzed using frequecy and tables.
5.2 Conclusion and Recommendation
Public relations make an organization more effective when it identifies strategic constituencies in the environment and then develops communication programs to build long-term, trusting relationships with them and the organization client. Participation in strategic management provides the integrating link for public relations to enhance organizational effectiveness. To provide its unique contribution, however, public relations must be separate from other management functions. However, communication programs should be integrated or coordinated by a public relations department and they should have a matrix arrangement with the other departments it serves. PR activities and organizational communication are crafted, prepared and executed by professional staff. Hence, the circulation of effective communication between management staff and employees as well as utilization of robust PR tools in an organization could enhance job performance and productivity.
Furthermore, effective communication and PR in any organization can facilitate smoother ways of eliminating misunderstanding, hatred, rumor and grapevine among employee. Generally, employees want to know what is happening in their organization. Hence, employees usually feel motivated and are therefore happier when good communication climate exists between them and the management. In other words, when employees are not informed about matters in the organization, they make their own assumption, which may be false, or they rely on outside sources which may provide inaccurate information.
With the conclusion reached above on the role communication and PR play in an organization, including the enhancement of employee performance, following recommendations have been proffered to companies’ PR professionals and communication experts to adopt the following:
- Every organization should develop communication policy, which clearly spells out what managements hope to do regarding communication, product relation, consumer education and public relations. Availability of such a communication policy will ensure effective communication the Public relation Personnel across the entire communication channel in the organization.
- It is also recommended that PR professionals and expert working with different organization should ensure that proper communication methodologies are strictly adhered to when communicating with staff and other employees. Correspondingly, this makes it mandatory for the management to be genuinely willing to share information with the staff.
- Given that effective communication requires that messages should be factual and accurate, relevant media should be employed for dissemination of information to both internal and external publics;
- To ensure unadulterated communication, any formal communication in the institution should be delegated to the PR staff and finally,
- PR professionalism should include the need to study not only the rudiments of mass communication (or communication), but also theories and research methodologies, because PR relies on factual and accurate information and data, which are often obtainable through some form of research.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Effects Of Good Public Relations Management On Productivity Of Data Textile Mill
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply