The Effect, Prevention And Treatment Of Sexually Transmitted Disease In Egor Local Government Area, Edo State
This project give a summary of the entire research study which was designed to find out the way and the way forward in the treatment and prevention of sexually transmitted disease in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. This study include respondents in secondary schools, tertiary institutions, civil servants, traders, which were reviewed were the mode of transmission, factors predisposing youths to STD’s, the symptoms, treatment, diagnosis, prognosis, preventive measures of sexually transmitted disease, others include control and eradication. The questionnaire was used as the research instrument: A total of 343 questionnaires were given to the respondents, analysis of data from the review of the questionnaires showed that abstinence from sex and faithfulness to one partners is the best prevention from STD, various recommendations were given which include the incorporations of sex, faithfulness to one partners, abstinence and parental guidance with regards to the youths.
1.1 Background Of The Study
Sexually transmitted disease (STD, venereal disease) are among the most common infectious disease in the United States today. Sexually transmitted diseases are sometimes referred to as sexually transmitted infectious, since these conditions involve the transmission of an infectious organism between sex partners. More than 20 different STDs have been identified, and about 10 million men and women are infected each year in the United States, according to the CDC (2010).
Sexually transmitted disease has been known for hundred of years and men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including children have been affected. But as we enter a new millennium, old age problems of the infectious diseases continue to plague us, very many have been eliminated, examples syphilis and tuberculosis, which increase faster than the terrifying of human population over crowding, environmental degradation, and poverty often, inflate these disease.
Many of these diseases may have arisen in the content of modern social trends, perhaps the most frightened is the HIV and many disease unknown before the last eight decades of the twentieth century. This currently incurable virus has already infected more than 50% of the ordinary young adults population imparts of the Sub-Sahara Africa and is rapidly spreading. However, syphilis is potentially one of the most controllable disease (STDs) this unlike tuberculosis which is transmitted mostly by sexual intercourse.
Even under these conditions, HIV is not nearly as transferable as some other STD e.g. hepatitis or gonorrhea. It is the cofactors of other STDs this largely explain the infectively and prevalence of HIV. The world bank estimated that STDs often easily treated, but if untreated principally, it affect the most economically productive section of the society young adult was the most effectives of the medical intervention.
Anti-microbial treatment of some STDs is becoming problematic, some stain of gonorrhea are now resistant to all anti-biotic generally available in our countries.
1.2 Statement Of The Problems
This study attempts a critical examination of the effect, prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted disease (STD) which causes and disorders of the central nervous system, and also causes pelvic inflammatory diseases, which may cause a tuboorarian abscess. The abscess, in turn may lead to scarring of the reproductive organs, which can result in an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the uterus) infertility or even death for a woman.
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose of this study is to:
- To consider the effect, means of prevention and treatments of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
- To assist partners or individuals in these localities discuss their sexual and STD history before having sex and to consider getting tested.
- The factor pre-disposing youths sexually transmitted disease.
- To help the general population to understand the symptoms and how to diagnose the diseases.
- To help individuals that are sexually active to understand the symptoms and how they are spread.
1.4 Significance Of The Study
Sexually transmitted diseases is not what can be single handedly tackled, it is hoped that when study is concluded suggestions will be offered to rewards the preventive measures of these disease by viewing or looking at some of the factors that propagate sexually transmitted disease. This study will also be useful to researchers in the discovery of the possible treatment of sexually transmitted disease.
1.5 Research Questions
For the purpose of this study research questions were formulated and they are as follows:
- Does faithfulness your partner cause sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
- Does abstinence from sex help you to prevent sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
- Does the use of anti-biotic help in the treatment of sexually transmitted disease?
- Does sex education and voluntary counselling of the youths aid in the prevention of sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
1.6 Scope Of The Study
It is not an easy task to go round the nook and cranny of Egor Local Government Area in searching for information due to the fact that biological concept are being modernized as a result of arising discoveries by researchers or scientists or biologist.
There is need to go on line search of recent information via the Internet, which is expensive and time consuming. The investigator has resolved to study the effect and how sexually transmitted disease can be prevented and treated in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. For the purpose of this investigation, attention will be focused on youth, civil servants, students of secondary and tertiary institutions.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
Sexually Transmitted Disease, Venereal Disease (VD) is an illness that has a significant probability of transmission between humans or animals by means of sexual contact including oral sex or it is a disease that is passed from one person to another during sexual activity.
The Human Immuno Deficiency Virus. It is the virus which causes (AIDS) and the disease can be transmitted to others.
This is a disease caught by having sex with an infected person. An STD that affect the uncoils membrane particularly in the urinary tract and genital area. It can make urination painful and cause pus-liked discharge through the urinary tract.
This is a disease that gets worse over a period of time, spreading from the sexual organs to the skin, bores muscles and brain.
A substance, for example Penicillin that can destroy or prevent growth of other bacteria and cure infections.
These are agents that kills viruses and are used to treat viral infections.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
The extent of this research is to examine the way forward in the prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted disease. A case study of Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. Respondents included students from one secondary school, two tertiary institutions, civil servants, and traders who were randomly selected. Five research questions were formulated and tested with sets of questionnaires and the results obtained were analyzed below from the results obtained it shows that:
- Faithfulness to only your married partners whose sexually transmitted disease status has been proved by a blood test prevents STD’s.
- Abstinence from sex, if you are single prevent sexually transmitted disease.
- Anti-biotic help in the treatment of sexually transmitted disease.
- Voluntary counselling and sex education of youths can prevent sexually transmitted disease.
This project was designed to examine a way forward in the prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State focused attention on areas such as mode of transmission, factors, predisposing youths to STDs, treatment and prevention. Researcher therefore recommends the following area for further study for a comprehensive study, when will sexually transmitted disease become thing of history in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State, can herbs and anti-biotic help in the treatment of STD’s.
On the strength of findings this study the following recommendations were given:
- Ministry of education should see to the effective introduction of sex education into the curriculum of schools starting from their primary to tertiary level.
- Monogamy should be encouraged being that most respondents that kicked against faithfulness to their spouse came from polygamous family.
- It is of great importance to go for STDs test before getting married to any individual.
- The use of condoms and other contraceptives should be encouraged for those engaging in sex.
- Parents should also educate their children on sex and sexual development/behaviour/
- Corporate bodies, non-governmental organization (NGOs) and religious bodies should be involved in the sensitization of people through voluntary counselling free of charge.
- Government should provide subsidized drugs for STD’s victims especially the HIV/AIDS patients as a fundamental task and not as a privilege rendered.
- Cleanliness should be our watchword and a thing or practice.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Effect, Prevention And Treatment Of Sexually Transmitted Disease In Egor Local Government Area, Edo State
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply