Effective Communication As A Tool For Reducing Organisation Conflicts
The main objective of this study is to look into how effective communication can be used to resolve or reduced conflict within an organisation. In view of the negative impact ineffective communication has caused in several organisations. The major research wok of this study is to define and solve the conflict ineffective communication in an organisation can cause which includes:
- The use of non-proper selective appropriate communication medium within the organisation.
- Inferiority complex, excessive fear and respect that exist between the Junior Staff among themselves and the senior on the other hand.
- The use of abusive language in the office.
The importance of the research work is to promote organization effectiveness with the use of effective communication to develop good relation between the employees which enhances maximum production and conducive working environment.
1.1 Background of the Study
Communication is a word so rich in meaning and so broad in scope that it can be given different interpretations, its is a concept that is vital in all our lives. It is a social affair we use for persuasion, to influence relationship and decisions, to share, to inform, to discover, and o uncover information.
Communications applies to almost all of the process we have directly or indirectly experienced in life since we all live in communication environment. It is essential for all human interactions, virtually, all human and organization are involved in diverse communication.
The philosophy of communication is not a one way affair rather a two way process, that involved two parties usually individual or group of people passing of feeling, idea, instruction and information from one place called ‘origin’ to another called ‘designation’
Effective communication in an organization can be define as the adequate and proper flow of information within and outside the organization through a medium to achieve organizational goals.
In process of communication, problems may arise through misunderstanding of idea and message sent, and this may lead to conflict.
A communication conflict may be describe as a barrier that arises during communication process non proper understanding of information sent, and this may hinder object of effective communication.
Conflict is an external factor that influences the behavior of people negative toward the achievement of effective communication and these are divided into types.
- Intra – personal conflict
- Inter personal conflict
- Inter group conflict
- Intra group conflict
Conflict is a part of organization life which stem from individual differences limited resources, role differentiation and organization climate within and between individual and group in an organization.
As an organization based of conflict there are three things in divided namely;
- Functional conflict which arise from the same horizontal level in organization
- Similar function conflict which takes from hostile rivalry or good nature competition which have beneficial effect or destructive effect
- Hierarchical conflict which stem from interest group struggle over organization reward status, prestige and monetary reward.
To attain effective communication in an organization to solve or reduced organization conflict, there are multi dimensional process divided and this lead to multiple perceptions of the word ‘communication’ and this include transmission, channel, message the decoder, encoder feedback etc.
As it is seen that communication is very important in an organization and every human organization interaction it has considered as two way affairs, meaning from the origin source to the destination.
The process effect communication that start from origin source to destination as some visual element and this include development of thought to pass, the selection of the medium to use, the sending of the message through select an appropriate medium, the reception of the message, the interpretation of the message and the feedback that shows the level of understanding.
With appropriate use of this element effective communication will be achieved an organization conflict will be reduce or solve.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The research work of this study is to defined and solves the conflict ineffective communication in an organization and this can be:
- The use of non business language between employee such as technical jargons and other non business term that is not official in nature
- Lack of adequate communication budget for both internal and external employee, interaction will always cause hindrance for effective communication
- Inferiority complex: excessive fear and respect that exist between the junior staff and the interaction that exists between the management will act as a blocking stone in retarding the actual communication and interaction that should exist between them
- Non-proper selective of appropriate communication medium within the organization.. It is a problem that effective communication in an organization to attain a factual documented evidence for future use.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The objectives of the study are;
- To find out whether there is any significant impact of effective communication in managing organizational conflict
- To ascertain whether the communication skill of the communicator is vital in managing organizational conflict.
- To ascertain the impact of effective communication in managing organizational conflict
- To ascertain the impact of the skill of the communicator in managing organizational conflict.
1.4 Research Hypotheses
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
- H0: there is no any significant impact of effective communication in managing organizational conflict
H1: there is any significant impact of effective communication in managing organizational conflict
- H02: there is no impact of effective communication in managing organizational conflict
H2: there is impact of effective communication in managing organizational conflict
1.5 Significance of the Study
The important of the research is to promote an organization with the use of effective communication to develop good relation between the employee in order to attain and productive objective of the organization moreso, the purpose the work is to resolve organization conflict that arises between employee and superior due to their ethical, cultural and educational differences. This is to build a platform where these differences can be link width common understanding. In addition, the study is to reduce cultural belief due to the rate of different people migrating into Lagos with different belief and perceptions, and this will be use to make every employee irrespective of their post that they are pursuing the same organizational goal.
1.6 Scope and Limitation of the Study
The study covers large private organization and therefore, focuses on the process channel and forms of communication in an organization. It also deals on how effective communication can achieve, through these process channel and forms of communication. More also, it covers all other areas where effectiveness of these communication can be used to reduced or solved organizational conflict. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) Availability of Research Material:
The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational Privacy:
Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Different terms were used in this study and these are the meaning based on the application in the research work.
This is the process which idea, feelings, instruction and information is passed in an organization.
This is the medium through which communication is passed.
This is the disagreement that stems from individual difference of perceiving issues.
This is the person receiving an information.
This is the flow of communication within and outside the organization
This is the person passing an information
This is the reply of information sent
This is the content of the thought pass across
These are the selected and delegated person meant to carry out a supervisory task
These are persons acting under supervision of the superior
1.8 Organization of the Study
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
- Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study.
- Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature.
- Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study.
- Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding.
- Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
It is important to ascertain that the objective of this study was to ascertain effective communication as a tool for reducing organization conflicts
In the preceding chapter, the relevant data collected for this study were presented, critically analyzed and appropriate interpretation given. In this chapter, certain recommendations made which in the opinion of the researcher will be of benefits in addressing the challenges of communication as a tool for reducing organization conflicts
This study was on effective communication as a tool for reducing organization conflicts. Four objectives were raised which included: To find out whether there is any significant impact of effective communication in managing organizational conflict, to ascertain whether the communication skill of the communicator is vital in managing organizational conflict, to ascertain the impact of effective communication in managing organizational conflict, to ascertain the impact of the skill of the communicator in managing organizational conflict. In line with these objectives, two research hypotheses were formulated and two null hypotheses were posited. The total population for the study is 200 staff of Benue state secretariat. The researcher used questionnaires as the instrument for the data collection. Descriptive Survey research design was adopted for this study. A total of 133 respondents made up directors, administrative staff, senior staff and junior staff was used for the study. The data collected were presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentages and frequencies
In conclusion, Managers of organizations should note that effective communication, as well as interpersonal communication is essential if the organization is to achieve its goals and objectives in an effective and efficient manner. Conflict can only be reduced when proper communication is put in place by the organization’s management across to its staff. Without effective communication, human interaction would be practically impossible and organizational goal will result in a paralyzing of social, economic and political activities in the society. The essence of effective communication is the ability of the organization to ensure that proper information reaches the right people at the right time. Communication is essential for the internal functioning of an organization because it integrates the managerial functions. The communicator must add skill and proficiency into what he communicates.
This study makes the following recommendations:
- Organizations must try to effectively communicate their goals and objectives to staff who will help in actualizing their vision.
- Management of organizations should try to eliminate or reduce all the communication barriers within the organization. Also, management should try to use communication skill in order for the staff to have respect for them and listen to the message they are about top pass to them.
- Management of organizations should try to create a good rapport between them and the staff, this will make the staff to feel free to express their opinions or views about how the organization can progress.
- The communicator must always make the message to be clear and concise without ambiguity.
- There is need for the communicator to always tailor the message to the audience in such a manner that the audience will understand and appreciate the message.
- Organizations must endeavour to promote upward communication within the system. This is a major way of getting feedback from employees.
- Where possible, the communicator must use multiple channels such as written, oral, notice boards, internet etc.
Effective Communication As A Tool For Reducing Organisation Conflicts
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Effective Communication As A Tool For Reducing Organisation Conflicts
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “Effective Communication As A Tool For Reducing Organisation Conflicts” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Effective Communication As A Tool For Reducing Organisation Conflicts” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.