Effective Communication And Organization Efficiency In Public Agencies (A Case Of Imo State Ministry Of Health Owerri)
This study designed to measure and explain the effective communication and organizational efficiency in public sector. The instrument used was data collection, questionnaire from workers who constituted the subject of the study. On the basis of above finding, the following recommendation were made that communication must be goal oriented and management information system.
An extensive work is not really what this research represent, but the researcher tried her best with resources at her disposal, it is hoped that this study will serve as an insight for future researcher who wish to undertake a research work on a related topic.
Furthermore, the chapter one of the research project has been scheduled to cover the introductory aspects, chapter two will cover the literature review while chapter three will serve as the main body. Chapter four has been scheduled to cover the data analysis while the final chapter will cover the summary, recommendation and conclusion.
Table Of Content
- Title page
- Certification page
- Table of content
- 1.1. Background of study
- 1.2. Statement of the problem
- 1.3 objective of the study
- 1.4 research questions
- 1.5. Statement of hypothesis
- 1.6 Significance of the study
- 1.7 Scope of the study
- 1.8 limitation of the study
- 1.9 Definitions of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Introduction
- (Other functions of the topic)
3.0. Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1. Introduction
- 3.2 Research design
- 3.3. Sources/methods of data collection
- 3.4. Population and sample size
- 3.5. Sampling technique
- 3.6. Validity and reliability of measuring instrument
- 3.7. Methods of data analysis
4.0. Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Presentation of data
- 4.3. Analysis of data
- 4.4. Test of Hypothesis
- 4.5 Interpretation of result
5.0. Summary, Recommendation and Conclusion
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2 Summary of findings
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of The Study
Communication is basic to an organization existence. It is one of the most common activities people engaged in, infact, feeling and idea must be communicated before meaningful decisions can be made and it must continue if the objective of the organization is to be achieved. Managers spend more of their time communicating to coordinate human and physical element of the organization into an efficient and effective working unit.
Communication is so important that without it an organization cannot function. Since an organization is a group of people associated for business, political, religious, social or other purposes. It’s activities require human being to interact and react to exchange information, ideas, plans and proposal, to coordinate and to make decision, both within and outside the organization.
Communication is the life wire of every organizations and its effectiveness determines the extent of success in the organization, business come as well in the managers personal life. When communication fail, organized and coordinated activities also falls. In the view of random and Hatherman (1968) by communication, it means the flow of materials, information machinery may cripple the activities of an organization. The study is therefore aimed of finding out how effective communication contributes to organization performance.
The Imo state is located in the south Eastern Region of Nigeria, it was created on February 3rd 1976, when the former east central lies between Latitude 4o45, and 6o15, North, longitude 6o30, and 8o09 east. It is bordered on the North by Anambra state, on the south and west by rivers states and on the east by cross rivers state.
The head of government ministry is the civil commissioner, he is also the political head of his ministry. The permanent secretary is the administrative head (a civil servant) he is also the accounting officer for the ministry.
The ministry of health is responsible for the two entry-one government hospitals including a civil service and three dental centres.
Health service in Imo state are controlled by the state ministry of health, it is the statutory function of that ministry to inspect, approve and register hospitals and other health institutions in the state. The ministry also disburses government’s grant in aid to joint and voluntary agency hospitals.
The Imo state ministry of health is responsible for implementation the state policy on health which is to provide a comprehensive, assessable, affordable health care delivery system that is efficient and effective for a held and productive for Imo population, the ministry of health achieves this purpose through eight (8) main departments.
- Administration department
- Accounts and supply department
- Planning, research and statistics
- Primary and public health department
- Vector control and labouratory service department
- Nursing service department
- Medical services department.
- Drug administration department
Besides the (8) eight department of the ministry also helps to implement the state policies, through the hospital management, but which provide secondary care services through the nineteen (19) state general hospitals in the state. The ministry of health also implement government policy through health institutions were Amigho school of health technology, school of midwifery Awomamma and school of nursing Owerri and school of public health Owerri.
The midwifery school: six hospitals in the state run midwifery school. They are General Hospital, Aba, they Holy Rosary Hospital Emekuku etc.
The school of nursing: They are four hospitals in the state approved for the training of nurses according to the stipulations of the nursing council of Nigeria. The hospitals are; the General Hospital Aba, Afikpo, Umuahia, and Mater Miseri Cordac Hospital etc.
The ministry of health has the helm of the permanent secretary, director and hos of professional and non professional who sited to run day to day activities.
1.2 Statement Of The Problems
Basically, there are problems that occur when communication is not effective in the running of an organization some of this are.
- Poor communication in some cases has led to breakdown of laws and order in an organization.
- Poor communication may affect harmonious industrial relationship between employee and management.
- The cost of poor communication are various and include misunderstanding, west inefficiency poor moral, feeling confusion and many other negative consequences.
- Poor communication might lead to breakdown in labour relation, which might caused industrial actions and disruption of production runs.
The problem posed by poor communication shall be studied with a view to improving communication in organization, hereby reducing the degrees associated with gaps in information flows.
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
The purpose of this study is:
- To establish the importance of communication in an industry.
- To examine the dangers posed by poor communication in organization.
- To identify various ways to improve organization performances.
- To examine the nature of pattern of managing communication and its effect in industry.
- To identify ways of checking poor communication in an organization.
- To investigate how organizational policies and communication establishment by Imo state ministry of health Owerri.
This is very important to examine the organization structure in relation to channels of communication.
1.4 Research Questions
- How can the performance and effort of the effective communication improve the objectives of the organization?
- How can the head of government ministry become the civil commissioner and also the political head of his ministry?
- What are the qualities one should apply before communication could be achieved in an organization?
- What are the achievements of the ministry of Imo state.
- Who is responsible for health care delivery in the state both in the public and private sector.
1.5 Statement Of Hypothesis
- Ho: There is no significant relationship between effective communication and organizational objective.
Hi: There is a significant relationship between effective communication and organizational objective.
- Ho: Poor or distorted communication does not hinder organizational efficiency.
Hi: Poor or distorted communication hinders organizational efficiency.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
The project work shall be relevant in various ways:
- The outcome of this project shall be useful to the management of ministry of health Imo state.
- The project work shall also serve as reference material to other researchers wishing to examine the finding of this research work more critically.
- The student of public administration will also find this research very useful.
- The research work would also help other firms in the communication sub-sector to know the importance of communication in the modern world.
1.7 Scope Of The Study
The study was carried out to find out the role of effective communication in improving organizational efficiency. The study focused on Imo state ministry of health.
1.8 Limitation Of The Study
There are some short comings in this research work which makes it not really easy for me. The major shortcomings are:
The time was not enough, also the project was carried out with other academic assignments.
Money was major factor that constructed research work, since most students did not find it easy to raise money for all materials needed.
Transportation was not easy because of the increase in the price of petroleum product, the transportation fare change making it more expensive for me to achieve the research work.
1.9 Definition Of Terms
It is a process by which information is passed between an individual and a group
This consist two or more people coming together for a purpose. It is also a group of people who form a business e.g. companies, hospitals, churches, government agencies, ministry organization and institution.
This means message conveyed which services as a source of decision making in an organization.
This is a system in which communication flows the upper level of an organization to the lower level. It can also be said to be communication from superior to the subordinate.
This refers to information that flows from the lower to upper levels in the organization.
5.0. Summary, Recommendation And Conclusion
In this project the researcher sought to investigate the effective communication and organization efficiency in civil service through the Imo state ministry of health, Owerri. The researcher also has explained the different types of communication and barriers which can affect the effective communication in our day to day activities and has bring measures to solve them.
5.2 Summary Of Findings
From the research work, it is clear that communication is a vital instrument for the existence of an organization because people in the organization rely heavily on how communication works with the individuals and groups.
Consequently, communication is said to be effective when the sender and receiver of message are in complete accord over the meaning of the particular message. Hence communication is the life wire of an organization. In the course of this study, it was discovered that effective communication takes place in an organization when it is well packed, written, conveyed, or sent and well received. Communication enthrones industrial harmony in an organization based on the above analysis. It is interpreted that effective combination has a positive impact on organization performances. Hence the Imo state ministry of health Owerri needs adequacy and effective communication strategies for efficient and effective performance and to attain organization goals. For this to be achieved effectively in an organization. Its goals must used effectively.
This project intends to take a cursory look at the nature of the effective communication and organizational efficiency in civil service. In Imo State Ministry of Health, Owerri as it concerns how effective communication can contribute to organizational performance.
Based on the premise from different authors about communication in literature review of the chapter two of this work, the researcher sets out in this chapter to verify the responses of the various staff of Imo State Ministry of Health Owerri. Oral questions and structured questionnaire administered in this so as to make the work vivid and understanding based on their responses in this work. Majority of the staff all cadres owned in the affirmative manner.
Since communication is the process of establishing oneness of through between a sender and a receiver when it is not effectively carried out the objectives may be defeated.
Effectiveness in communication required the consideration of the primary communication factors such as parties, network and channel for communication to be effective.
Based on our findings and discussions the researcher makes the following recommendations:
- Management has to improve communication skills
- Management should properly identify and choose the channel suitable for use.
- They have to clarify ideas before communication.
- Management should obtain feed back
- Management should use formal reports and management information system.
- Management should develop non threatening work environment.
How To Get The Complete Material For Effective Communication And Organization Efficiency In Public Agencies (A Case Of Imo State Ministry Of Health Owerri)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Effective Communication And Organization Efficiency In Public Agencies (A Case Of Imo State Ministry Of Health Owerri)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply