The Effect Of Recruitment, Selection Placement On Organizational Effectiveness (A Study Of African Safety Insurance Company Okpara Avenue Enugu)
The effect of recruitment, selection and placement of an employee in the right position in organization cannot be over emphasized. One of the test of an efficient personnel department is its ability to fill job position promptly and adequately. This means that the department must know the source of different type of applicants for the job position that it has to fill. Recruitment and selection alone are not the only vital elements commonly used in the process of employment. After recruitment and selection have taken place, the job holders may either be sent on training or not depending on the training needed and of course the feasibility of training before being placed under recruitment, the internal source which is one of the most useful, through often neglected. The information for the study was collected using primary and secondary methods of data collection
1.1 Background of the Study
The effectiveness of an organization is a function of higher intellectual decision and quality manpower planning. It demand and knowledge to recruit, select and place an employee in the right position for an organization to achieve the organizational objectives. The proper application of recruitment, selection and placement of policies in an organization has been the major concern of most personnel managers.
The effect of recruitment, selection and placement of an employee in the right position in organization cannot be over emphasized. One of the test of an efficient personnel department is its ability to fill job position promptly and adequately.
This means that the department must know the source of different type of applicants for the job position that it has to fill.
Recruitment and selection alone are not the only vital elements commonly used in the process of employment. After recruitment and selection have taken place, the job holders may either be sent on training or not depending on the training needed and of course the feasibility of training before being placed under recruitment, the internal source which is one of the most useful, through often neglected. Source of manpower recruitment policy is based on utilizing present personnel through transfers, promotion, recalls from lay off or retirement.
This as in matter of fact, reduced the cost spending in developing source of applications advertising in Newspaper, radio and television etc. This source is known to be very reliable since it deals with employees whose ability is already known which finally suits to organization effectiveness.
In the contrast, having from outside may use to reduce the inbreeding often asserted with internal source. The external source deals with people who are current employed of the company. The people that fall under this category are under employed, unemployed person, newly qualifies applicants and dissatisfied workers selection follows immediately after recruitment.
As cited by C.C. Nwachukwu 1988, that placing an employee in a Job that is not qualified and make him of his intrinsic satisfaction and makes him doubt his ability hence a threat to himself the entire organization. Therefore, personnel managers greater care should taken by herring to manpower or human resources requirements of various development and eliminating bras, favouritism and increase organization effectiveness in tram of output.
1.2 Statement of Problems
- Poor system of recruitment and selection staff affecting organizational performance in African safely insurance company.
- Improper policy implementation hampering the operational performance of African Safely insurance company.
- Improper placement of the employees at the right position in the organizational performance in African safely insurance company.
- The employees of the organization are not properly placed at the right position at the right time.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The overall objective of the study is to find out how effective the recruitment selection and placement policies of organization are in Nigeria.
The purpose of the study included the following:-
- To show the extent to which factors such as qualification requirement, government policy etc has been wrongly perceived by individuals and organization.
- The study tries to portray the need for effective recruitment, selections and placement policies in organization in order to achieve the organization objective.
- Furthermore, the study tries to identify various factors that are social in nature e.g. tribalism, nepotism etc and their consequence to the effectiveness of recruitment selection and placement policies of organizations in African safety insurance company.
1.4 Research Questions
Following the objective of justifying. The effectiveness of the recruitment, selection and placement policies of organization in Nigeria, there are some research question that were considered in this study.
- The factors that are affecting individual performance in an organization?
- Are there relationships between the recruitment, selection and promotions in an organization?
- The effect of individual performance or behavior on recruiting, selection and promotions policies in an organization?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
- Hi: There is a positive effect of poor system of recruitment, selection and placement on organizational effectiveness.
- Hi: There is a negative effect of poor system of recruitment, selection and placement on organizational effectiveness
- Hi: There is a positive effect of poor system of recruitment, selection and placement on organizational effectiveness.
- Hi: There is a negative effect of poor system of recruitment, selection and placement on organizational effectiveness.
1.5 Significance of the Study
A study of this nature will help the local companies to adopt measures in the context of human resource planning and development in relation to recruitment and selection. The study is very significant because it will add to the existing literature or the research has added to the stock of books and works already written on recruitment processes.
1.6 Scope and Limitations of the Study
The study was delimited to investigate recruitment process. The study is further delimited to the African Safety Insurance Company Okpara Avenue Enugu. Also the study is delimited to employees of the Company since human resource planning and development are nominally targeted at core employees. This will facilitate mobility to target population as well as to cut down cost comparatively. The researcher also encountered some constraints, which limited the scope of the study. These constraints include but are not limited to the following.
a) Availability of Research Material:
The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
1.8 Operational Definition:
This is the process of generating a pool of capable people to apply for employment to an organisation.
This is the process by which managers and others use specific instruments to choose from a pool of applicants a person or persons more likely to succeed in the job(s), given Management goals and legal requirements (Rumbles, 2010)
According to Daft (2000), organizational performance is the organization’s ability to attainits goals by using resources in an efficient and effective manner.
1.8 Organization of the Study
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
- Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study.
- Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature.
- Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study.
- Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding.
- Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
It is important to reiterate that the objective of this study was to investigate theeffect of recruitment, selection placement on organizational effectiveness.
In the preceding chapter, the relevant data collected for this study were presented, critically analyzed and appropriate interpretation given. In this chapter, certain recommendations made which in the opinion of the researcher will be of benefits in evaluating the effects and challanges of recruitment, selection placement on organizational effectiveness.
This study aimed at having an overview of the effects of recruitment, selection placement on organizational effectiveness. The study opened with chapter one where the statement of the problem was clearly defined. The study objectives and research hypotheses were defined and formulated respectively. The study reviewed related and relevant literatures. The chapter two gave the conceptual framework, empirical and theoretical studies. The third chapter described the methodology employed by the researcher in collecting both the primary and the secondary data. The research method employed here is the descriptive survey method. The study analyzed and presented the data collected in tables and the hypotheses were tested using the Chi square while the fifth chapter gives the study summary and conclusion.
5.3 Conclusion and Recommendations
It could be observed in this research work that the selection and placement of workers of organization in Nigeria is ineffective. However, for any organization to be effective, its workers need to be order. Since the recruitment, selection and placement function is not effective, then, theorganizations will never be effective and hardly could it state a goals and objectives be achieved, as workers are the machinery for achieving the organization goals and objectives.
In conclusion, since the function of recruitment, selection and placement of workers is not effectively carried out by management the activities of organization in Nigeria will not be proper and much desired growth and development of the economic that the country is seeking for will never be achieved. The outcome of organization activities would be poor motivation of workers, closure of firms, high unemployment, poverty, inequality etc., which are factors that are inimical to economic growth development.
In view of the important role played by personnel or workers in the attainment of the cooperate goals and objectives, it is important for management to not that their greatest asset is their human resources since all objective to be attained by the organization revolved around them and consequently any mismanagement on the part of management regarding its human resources the beginning of its ending will be sure.In view of the above, the researcher is advancing some possible recommendations to tackle the problem involved in executing the recruitment, selection and placement function:
- The management should try and subordinate their values, beliefs reinforce, on their perception etc., whenever the above mentioned functions is to be performed.
- Try and know what they are seeking for from applicant in terms of skills, knowledge and other characteristics so as not to be their recruitment function
- Also, they should base their placement of worker would be in right position.
- The management should avoid the ideal of employee referrals whenever there are to discharge recruitment functions. This is based on the fact that employee would go along way of constant families, friend, tribes, religious group etc.
- Also, workers have to be treated equally and management should work hand in hand with them in taking major decision so that everybody will be part of the decision than giving preferences. To some workers in taking major decision or in the operations of the organizations, as this will make them feel that it is the management and its preferred workers decision which they could contribute little or nothing toward its achievement.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Effect Of Recruitment, Selection Placement On Organizational Effectiveness (A Study Of African Safety Insurance Company Okpara Avenue Enugu)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply