Effect Of Poor Condition Of Service On Staff Performance
1.1 Background Of The Study
The issue of staff welfare in every organization is a very vital issue that should not be toiled with. This is because, staff play a very vital role in the production process of any organization as such if their welfare is poorly worked on (if their condition of service is poor) it can affect their performance work place.
According to the Sounder’s comprehensive veterinary Dictionary 3rdedition, 2007, condition of service is that part of an employment that set out the duties, responsibilities, hours of work, salary, leaves and other priviledge to be enjoyed by a person employed. If all these condition mention are not met properly it can become poor condition of service.
Poor condition of services can also be described as ‘’a situation where the working environment of a person is unsatisfiable including benefiting that is to be enjoyed are denied.
Poor condition of service has become a major issues in both public and private organization and this as affected the production capacity of the organization. Staff benefit such as leave bonus, salaries training allowances etc are been withheld. Even the working environment of staff are not conducive, working equipment are not provided, promotion are delayed above all the motivation level is low.
The resultant effect of the poor condition of service will no doubt bring about lower performance of staff which in turn will result to low productivity as stressed will begin to set in laziness, absenteeism, negligence, late coming, dishonesty and even disloyalty and other shoddy attitude. For instance, in most local government of Kogi State is a case study in this research work are paying 30% for staff salary for the past a year now, all these will not allow the staff, to put life, strength in what ever they are doing. It is in the cause of this that the researcher deem it fit to chose this topic because of its importance to the employer and the employee and to come out with a lasting solution to tackled the issue of poor condition of service in Bassa Local Government.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
Poor condition of service in Bassa Local Government is a very sensitive issue as it affect the performance of staff and among the problem that lead to it include:
- Poor leadership is one of the problem causing poor condition of service
- Political instability is another cause
- Corruption also contribute to the cause of poor condition of service
- Bureaucratic process in the civil service also bring about poor condition of service
- Ignorance on the part of both the employer and the employee can also bring about poor condition of service
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
The main objective of this study is to examine the effect of poor condition of service on staff performance in Bassa Local Government, other objectives include:
- It also aimed at examining the cause of this poor condition of service
- This research work is also aimed at providing solution to the underlisted problem
- This work is also aimed at educating employer and employee on the resultant effect of poor condition of service
- This research work also point out the role of corruption in the cause of poor condition of service
- This project work will also help to suggest way to which the condition of service can be improved
- This work also will help to educate the government and their employee on the loss they might encounter if proper agreement is not made
- Lastly, this work is also aimed at making suggestion and recommendations on how to curtail the problem of poor condition of service in our local government.
1.4 Significance Of The Study
Looking at the effect of poor condition of services on the performance of staff in an organization, this research work has been designed to suggest way forward and recommend to local government on how its staff condition can be improved. Increase their performance in their work place. Other significance include:
- This work will also educate other local government to know the adverse implication of poor condition of service on their staff performance
- The findings obtained from the data collected will enable the Bassa Local Government to know the implication of poor condition of service
- This research work will also help the management of Bassa local government to improve her condition of service in order to gain high staff performance
- Lastly, the information contain in this study will serve as reference for some future researcher.
1.5 Research Question
In order to get accurate information on the cause of poor condition of service in Bassa Local Government, the following question is been asked from the staff of the local government area.
- Does political instability cause poor condition of service?
- Does poor leadership contribute to the issue of poor condition of service in Bassa local government?
- Does condition of service affect the staff performance in Bassa local government?
- Does ignorance on the part of the local government and the staff cause poor condition of service in Bassa local government?
- Does the bureaucratic nature of Bassa Local Government area cause poor condition of service.
1.6 Scope And Limitations Of The Study
This research work investigates the effect of poor condition of service on staff performance in Bassa local government of Kogi State Between 2012 to date. The study was carried out between may to August, 2014.
The research work is limited with the following constraints:
Non-availability of enough resources (finance):
A work of this nature is very tasking financially, money had to be spent at various stages of the research such resources which may aid proper carrying out of the study were not adequately available.
Secret attitude of respondents:
In the course of this research, the researcher were so confidential in releasing vital information needed for the research work.
The time used in carrying out the research work is relatively not enough to bring the best information out of it. However, I hope that the little that is contained in this study will go a long way in solving many greater problems.
1.7 Concept Clarification
Advantage that you get from a company I addition to the money that you earn.
Condition of service:
Procedure role and rule and regulation upon which civil service is formulated
This is a push to do more than what is expected of you (e.g. money, training)
Group of people who come together in order to achieve a particular aim.
This means how well or bad you do something
This is the process of growing or making food goods or material, especially largely quantity.
A move to a more important job or rank in a company or an organization.
This is the money that employer receive for doing their job, especially, professional employee or people working in an office.
All the workers employed in an organization consider as group.
Complete Material For Effect Of Poor Condition Of Service On Staff Performance
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Effect Of Poor Condition Of Service On Staff Performance
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “Effect Of Poor Condition Of Service On Staff Performance” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Effect Of Poor Condition Of Service On Staff Performance” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.