The Effect Of Motivational Tools On Employees Morale In An Organization
This study is on the effect of motivational tools on employee morales in an organization. The total population for the study is 200 staff of GTB and UBA Uyo, Akwa Ibom state. The researcher used questionnaires as the instrument for the data collection. Descriptive Survey research design was adopted for this study. A total of 133 respondents made human resource managers, accountants, customer care officers and marketers were used for the study. The data collected were presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentages and frequencies
1.1 Background of the Study
In motivating employee in an organization, it requires the management to create real and imagined needs for the employee to aspire to. These needs could be increase in wages/salaries, the desire to achieve through promotions, recognitions etc. So many experiences have portrayed that the Nigerian workers in both public and private sectors have been frustrated out of their jobs for reasons arising from the dissatisfaction of their job, lack of good training policies and training facilities, absence of adequate incentives etc. As a result, low morale in working behavior comes into play.
The keys to the viability, survival and growth of an organization in the public and private sector is the effective acquisition, utilization and maintenance of the organization’s most valued asset – human resources. No matter how vast or huge the financial and materials resources may be, somebody who is a human element will have to put them together and make them useful to the accomplishment of goals and objectives.
The capacity of an organization to adopt, maintain itself, survive and grow in the face of changing condition depends largely in how effective and efficient the human resource can be managed and utilized.
Lots of organizations are confronted with broad range of problems in dealing with the life wire of the organization, which is the human resource. This is obvious because, the human resources of an organization which consists of all individual, irrespective of their roles, status and duties who are engaged in any of the organizations activities and its important, versatile, and valuable assets, it is the only resources that is blessed with the capabilities of thinking, planning, executing and achieving organizational goals.
Furthermore, with these central roles played by human resource in an organization, it becomes evidently clear that their motivation should be given a top priority.
The expectation of management of every organization is for employee to put in their best to achieve the goals of that said organization. This is the reason why management practitioners and most people tend to pay attention to motivation to boost employee morale at work.
1.2 Statements of the Problem
Many contemporary authors have argued that motivation is a concept that cannot be ignored when talking of workers morale. Yet lack of motivation has made a whole lot of organization to collapse or at must run below their target. Motivated employees are needed in our rapidly changing workplace, motivated employee are more productive and help organizations to survive.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The objectives of the study are;
- To examine the effect of motivation in increasing employee morale
- To find out may be money (pay) is the main motivating factors that can make employee increase their level of performance.
- To examine other inherent problem and constraints militating against effective employee motivation in an organization.
- To suggest personal administrative system, policy and procedure that can assist organization to highly remunerate their workforce and reduction in the labour turnover.
1.4 Research Hypotheses
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
- H0: there is no effect of motivation in increasing employee morale
H1: there is effect of motivation in increasing employee morale
- H02: there is no other inherent problem and constraints militating against effective employee motivation in an organization.
H2: there is other inherent problem and constraints militating against effective employee motivation in an organization.
1.5 Significance of the Study
The study will be of immense importance to different categories of people: namely individuals, students, organisations and the management of Guarantee Trust Bank and United Bank for Africa.
- The research work when accomplished will create ways by which the management of Guarantee Trust Bank will reappraise their present motivation package with the aims of improving employee’s performance and reduction in labour.
- It is also hoped to increase the level of knowledge on the existing motivation schemes in the Nigeria Banking Sector. It will assist student as a reference material in their libraries.
- It will also pose a challenge to other researchers who may be interested to research more in their area.
1.6 Scope and Limitation of the Study
The scope of the study covers the effect of motivational tools on employee morale in an organization. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) Availability of Research Material:
The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational Privacy:
Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 Definition of Terms
This is defined as the ability to achieve result or given objectives (Freeman, 2000:29).
This refers to an inner drive that Energizes activities compels and moves an individual to act or behave positively on a certain manner (Stoner, 1998:463).
This means output per unit of Labour input, it is the balance between all factors of production that will give the greatest output for the smallest effort (Freeman, 1998:38-39)
1.8 Organization of the Study
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
- Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study.
- Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature.
- Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study.
- Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding.
- Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
It is important to ascertain that the objective of this study was to ascertain the effect of motivational tools on employee Morales in an organization. In the preceding chapter, the relevant data collected for this study were presented, critically analyzed and appropriate interpretation given. In this chapter, certain recommendations made which in the opinion of the researcher will be of benefits in addressing the challenges of motivational tools on employee Morales in an organization
This study was on the effect of motivational tools on employee Morales in an organization. Four objectives were raised which included: To examine the effect of motivation in increasing employee morale, to find out may be money (pay) is the main motivating factors that can make employee increase their level of performance, to examine other inherent problem and constraints militating against effective employee motivation in an organization, to suggest personal administrative system, policy and procedure that can assist organization to highly remunerate their workforce and reduction in the labour turnover. In line with these objectives, two research hypotheses were formulated and two null hypotheses were posited. The total population for the study is 200 staff of GTB and UBA Uyo, Akwa Ibom state. The researcher used questionnaires as the instrument for the data collection. Descriptive Survey research design was adopted for this study. A total of 133 respondents made human resource managers, accountants, customer care officers and marketers were used for the study. The data collected were presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentages and frequencies
Human motivation is of utmost importance to organizations and can only be ignored by managers at their own detriment. Its absence in the industry breeds’ negative and undesirable industrial behaviour in the form of Absenteeism, truancy, lateness to work, high rate of turnover, restriction input, confrontation with management with frustration irrationally and aggression. In some cases, it leads to indulgent in fraudulent practices in essence; the workers indulge in negative acts capable of frustrating and preventing the attainment of organization goals and objectives. Essentially, we can see from this study that Guarantee Trust Bank extrinsic values, such as pay, help a lot to make the staff happy. It would be understood from our summary of findings that most problems of motivation hangs on money and what money and what money can acquire for the average Nigeria worker from wages and salaries, selection for training courses, advancement and upgrading, praises, extension of benefit packages overall reward for handwork and motivation services.
Below are some recommendations, which will go a long way in motivating workers and reducing dissatisfaction and increasing productivity in Guarantee Trust Bank, United Bank for Africa and the banking industry in general.
- The motivational scheme of United Bank for Africa should be improved. If pay is to motivate or indeed have many positive influences at all, management should make it fair and compensate with the work done with other people doing the same or similar jobs in the same sector. There is a need for better conditions of service and to encourage productivity and job satisfaction of workers.
- Since respondents show higher dissatisfaction to promotion, advancement prospect. Management should make sure that workers are promoted on merit as and when due.
- Staff training and development and regular consultation by management on staff welfare should be pursued vigorously to have a sense of belonging and tends to prepare them for higher responsibilities.
How To Get The Complete Material For The Effect Of Motivational Tools On Employees Morale In An Organization
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 80 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Effect Of Motivational Tools On Employees Morale In An Organization
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “The Effect Of Motivational Tools On Employees Morale In An Organization” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Effect Of Motivational Tools On Employees Morale In An Organization” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.