The Effect Of Motivation On Employees Performance In Global Polythene Industry Kaduna
The research project attempt to examine the effect of motivation on employees’ performance in global polythene industry Kaduna. The objectives of the study amongst others are to determine the relationship between motivation and performance and to assess the adequacy of employees reward in global polythene industry. The researcher adopted questionnaire and interview in the collection of primary data and documentary evidences such as literature review for secondary data. It was found out that incentives are not the only tools for motivating employee’s other motivational factor or tools discovered includes good working tools, good work environment, equitable salaries, and recognition e.g. promotion. The researcher recommended that motivational tools such as training should be extended to junior staff and those employees should not be forced to own shares in the company.
Table Of Contents
- Cover page
- Title Page
- Approval page
- Table of Contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 Objectives of the study
- 1.4 Significance of the study
- 1.5 Research question
- 1.6 Scope and limitation of the study
- 1.7 Definition of terms
- 2.0 Introduction
- 2.1 The Concept of Motivation
- 2.2 Factors Influencing Motivation in an Organization
- 2.3 Motivation of Employees and Commitment
- 2.4 Motivation and Commitment in Comparism
- 2.5 Motivation Tools
- 2.6 Importance of Motivation
- 2.7 Motivation and Job Satisfaction
- 2.8 Implication of Motivation and its Effect on the Nigerian Working Environment
- 3.0 Introduction
- 3.1 Research Design
- 3.2 Area of Study
- 3.3 Population of Study
- 3.4 Sample and Sampling Techniques
- 3.5 Instrument of Data Collection
- 3.6 Validity of the Instrument
- 3.7 Reliability of the Instrument
- 3.8 Method of Data Collection
- 3.9 Method of Data Analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.0 Introduction
- 4.1 Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.2 Research Findings
- 4.3 Proof of Hypothesis
- 4.4 Interpretation of result
Summary Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.0 Introduction
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of The Study
For an organization to operate smoothly there are must be motivation between the employer and there employees. Also noting the fact that the actors in our organization system are not the same, it is very obvious that there must be conflict between the parties from time to time. Therefore, what should be paramount to both the employer and the employee should be how to settle such conflicts and still go ahead without necessarily disturbing the system. This is where motivation comes in.
The problem of employees dissatisfied at work, poor motivational techniques are seen to have influence are the motivational techniques used by some personnel managers who think motivation is only giving money without job satisfaction. In motivating staff, their job problems must be considered and compared with that of the counterpart in other organization with as well as a designed working condition.
1.1 Background Of The Study
It is a known fact that the principal motive of management of any organization is to make individual and people contribute positively toward the activities which it consist. So as to achieve the mission of the enterprise employee is motivated.
Hermanan motives are based on need such as the psychological requirement for water, food and shelter. Other need may be regarded as secondary such as self esteem status, motivation has become one of the most indispensable factors in management towards the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
Motivation is known to be the foundation for better performance and maximization of output in an organization when workers are not well motivated. Efficient use of their physical and metal doom for the organization because it is one of the success or failure of an organization.
There are motivational questions that need to be answered so that usage can be made of their mental and physical abilities for a maximization of output in the organization. In motivating staff for a better performance, their need must be satisfied.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
In the past years, there has been a steady increase in most Nigerian industries, the crisis is as a result of a poor working condition, stringent rules poor and delayed remunerations.
Also, the crisis results from the failure of the top management to appreciate to human element as the most crucial factor and the determination of attainment of goals and objectives. This result into frustration which manifest itself differently by individual or workers. It is view of this that this research intends to look at the effect of motivation on employee’s performance in an organization using global polythene leather industry as a case study.
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
The objective of the study is to look at the impact of motivation in the achievement of organizational objectives; it is also intended to cover the following:
- To identify how it increases output in all set goals and objectives.
- The study is carried out to identify the techniques used in motivating workers as regard to greater performance.
- To identify some factors that influence work performance as it relates to productivity.
- To identify the effect of lack of motivation on the performance of workers.
1.4 Significance Of The Study
The importance of this study is to bring the notice of organization to the effect of motivation bearing in mind the following:
Firstly, to enable both the management and the manger to appreciate the important of motivation to the attainment of organizational goals. Also to enable the management appreciate the need to experiment new concepts of motivation.
Secondly to highlight what factor motivates workers to perform their function effectively and involvement of staff in decision making process are also string factors of motivation and as well as promote harmonious co-operation between management and employees.
Also, the study in the open of the researchers will contributes in no small way to have knowledge in the area of management of human resources towards the attainment of organizational goals. It will also assist both secretary and management student in the Ministry of Human Relation Skills.
1.5 Research Question
To assist the researcher to find solution to the problems mentioned, the following research question have been formulated.
- What is the right motivational techniques used in worker to achieve the organization objectives?
- What are those factors that motivates as workers in an organization?
- What are the effects of lack of motivation on workers?
- What are the roles motivations plays in the performance of a worker?
1.6 Scope And Limitation Of The Study
The study shall cover Global Polythene industry Kaduna. In relation to motivational tools been used toi affect its employees theories of motivational importance of motivation its imoact on the Nigerian working environment.
The limitation of the study includes
1. Inaccessibility of sufficient research material:
The material used for the research were not readily available and adequately enough for a comprehensive research as desired by the researcher must comment lend books and other relevant publication in libraries within and outside school.
2. Uncooperative attitude of respondent:
These were some respondents that were not ready to answer vital information for the purpose of this research such valuable information was considered to be confidential and as well were not ready to release secret of the organization.
3. Low return rate of questionnaire:
Some of the questionnaire distributed to respondents without properly filling as such that they were not used in analyzing the data.
4. Academic Pressure:
This is the frequency test in school, assignments and always pay visit to library in the search of relevant materials lampered the researcher in writing a mane comprehensive and better research work done
1.7 Definition Of Terms
In research of this nature, it is quite necessary to define some of the key occurring terms.
The essence is to make operational in the contact in which they have been used.
This refers to the people who work for an organization.
This is a measure of how well the personnel do in the organization so as to achieve the goals and objectives.
The state of being contended pleased or the state of acquiring what one wants or need the act of satisfying.
This simply means in amount of money that is paid for somebody for the work that have been done.
Makes individual to behave in a way because of some external inducement such as job context.
Is that which makes individual to behaved in away such as job context.
Is the ability to perform a given task according to a required standard.
The ratio of input to output.
Simply refers to any person employed by an organization and been paid salary or wages at the end of the month.
This refers to a group of people that forms as business club etc together to render to achieve a particular aim, this also means the act of making arrangement or preparation for something.
Summary, Conclusion And Recommendations
In this chapter the writer intends to present the summary of findings, recommendations and conclusions of motivation as a tool for enhancing workers performance in an organization
5.1 Summary Of Findings
The summary of findings in view of the kind of motivational techniques employed to motivate workers in an organization for improving employee’s performance are as follows:
- That job status increases the performance of workers in global polythene industry limited Kaduna
- It also indicates that training and development plays vital role towards the achievement of the organization goals
- It also shows that both senior and junior staff of the company benefit from the motivation been directed by the management
- The workforce of global polythene industry strongly agreed that motivation changes the organization positively.
- It also shows that workers are being promoted yearly. But this, it is based on the employee’s performance towards the organisation’s objective and goals.
- The employees of the organization also rate motivation as effective to them.
Based on the findings of this research, it is pertinent to conclude that motivation is a good tool for enhancing workers performance in an organization
Both employers and employees favour the process of motivation. The responses from the respondents are a clear testimony to the fact that motivation is a tool for enhancing workers performance in an organisation. The absence of motivation either in public or private is like the heart of the organization is been removed, which means that there would be no good relationship or rapour between the employer and the employee and this can really brings down the organization because it is only through motivation that they would be able to associate and rub minds together.
Motivation was fully supported by most of the respondents, claiming that it is only through motivation that they have the courage or forum to say anything which is disturbing them, that outside this motivation process most of them are unable to say their problems.
The management of global polythene industry limited should know that effective motivation of the workforce depends largely on the internal motivation that is experience by the workers.
In view of the large number of respondents who expressed dissatisfaction with certain aspects of the motivation (incentive package) by the management of global polythene industry, the following recommendations are hereby forwarded for considerations.
- That even when the motivation techniques are generally within the normal standard in an organization, effort should be made towards harnessing more incentive to the work to enhance job satisfaction in order to achieve higher productivity such as increase in salary and wages, good working environment and other fringe benefits.
- The personal department of Global industry should ensure that staff are adequately sent on in-service, they should be allow to attend workshops and seminars so as to update their knowledge and experiences.
- The organization should make amendment through the appropriate channels so as to take the salary of its workers look more attractive and competitive with that of other companies so as to eliminate the problem of its workers looking for a green pasture. By so doing, it would make the workers to be loyal and committed to their job.
- There should be good and effective leadership in the organization by way of enhancing the overall performance of the organization
- Employee who is performing well in his/her area of specialization should be recognized and proper service award should be put in place. This makes the workers to feel they are part and parcel of the organization.
- The management should know its staff, develop a feeling to encourage team-work and also by developing friendly competition among them.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Effect Of Motivation On Employees Performance In Global Polythene Industry Kaduna
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply