The Effect Of Motivation On Employees Productivity In Anambra State (A Case Study Of Education Commission Awka)
The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of motivation on employee’s productivity in Anambra state education commission. Chapter one contains the introduction of the study, the background, statement of the problem and definition of terms. Chapter two deals with the literature review concept of motivation. The effect of motivation on staff performance, factors that promote effectiveness, how employees can be motivated. Chapter three talks about the research methodology and design and method adopted in analyzing data. The fourth chapter deals with the presentation and analysis of data from the field survey. The last chapter which is the fifth chapter is all about summary of findings, conclusions and recommendation.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problems
- 1.3 Purpose of the objectives
- 1.4 Research question
- 1.5 Research Hypothesis
- 1.6 Significant of the study
- 1.7 Scope of the study
- 1.8 Limitation of the study
- 1.9 Definitions of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Concept of motivation on staff performance
- 2.3 The effect of motivation on stage performance
- 2.4 Motivation factors that promotes effectiveness
- 2.5 How employees can most be motivate
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research design/method
- 3.3 Sources of data
- 3.4 Method of data collection
- 3.5 Population of study and sample size
- 3.6 Sampling techniques procedure
- 3.7 Validity and reliability of measuring instruments
- 3.8 Method of data statistical analysis
4.0 Analysis and Presentation of Data
- 4.1 General Chrematistics of data
5.0 Summary of Finding, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary of findings
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
- 5.4 Area of further research
The purpose of motivation of Anambra state is incensed to impose the employee’s effort to achieve the goals of the state. The overall performance of the state is directly dependent on the amount of efforts which were positively applied be the workers or employees individually or collectively towards attainting the designs goals of the state.
Commitment of employees in Anambra state is a reflection of the level or their motivation. The concern of the government about performance is indirectly a concern of about motivation indeed, high level of performance will remain desire to anambra state without adequate staff motivation.
Attempts have been made by several researchers to explain the concept of motivation and the effect of the state employers.
Charles Ray and Charles Eison (1984) see motivation as an internal energize capable of directions. Dessier (1988) sees it as derive which arouse ones behaviour in aparticualr way the person feels will lead to rewards. Considering the above attempts to define what motivation is by the researchers.
The researcher concluded that motivation for the purpose of the project could be seen as one inner –stimulus that induces the employee of Anambra state to behave the way he/she does. Therefore, motivation leads to the actualization of the desired goals of Anambra state.
1.1 Background of the Study
Motivation has become the most researches yet the least understood concept in psychology, the term “motive” objectively defined refers to a hypothetical state in an organism that effects the relationship between stimulation and behavior in subjective terms motive is defined as wish or desire to take a particular action (Opera, 1987).
Taking motivation in the objectives sense that is the same sense that Adder (1941) one of the founder of clinical psychology and contemporary of the founder of clinical psychology and contemporary of tread and fang felt when he said the freed and fang had sufficiently emphasized purpose in human being is good oriented and deeply concerned with his future.
He saw men as conscious and an existential being into make choice leading to future goals is shared by one of the foremost theories in human motivation.
Abraham maslow (1946) he stressed the future and the concept of purpose in human existence his need theory which grew out of his concept of deficiently and growth motivation remains one of the amt intriguing theories of motivation. One vital question is whether motivation could be used to improved employees productivity. To thus Okpara (1989) emphasized that there is no single method of motivating workers.
Manager must consider situational issues before applying any measures aimed at motivating the workers.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
The project as its title wants to find out how motivation can be used as an effective tool or measure for increasing employee’s productivity. This refers the pertinent questions to ask would be has motivation any strong influence as far as improvement in the performance of an employer is concerned.
Mainly authors in management were needed that motivation is a private in which coordination or an organization factors resolves towards environment or organizational.
The nature of the problem of motivation in such that when workers are adequately motivated through appreciate rewards system their productivity will be high and consequently their performance will increase.
On the contrary the productivity will reduce and this will reflect on the performance of the organizational goal achievement from the above, it is quick evidenced that at one time the emphasis is motivating people employees at the other time, it is the goal,. The reward system which promotes effectiveness could take the following work.
Prompt payment of salaries and allowances, regular promotion opportunity for staff, education advancement, housing and car loans, free accommodation other workers inducement that promotes efficiently include open and participative management system object job distribution and stream lines talk clean delegation of authority, creditable methods of resolving staff grievance and effective internal communication system.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The purpose of the study is to determine the roof of the problem that has hundred the operational efficiency of the Anambra state education commission. It hoped that the finding and suggested solution of the research, its adopted will make for effective and efficient performance on the part of the employees.
- To analyze the various ways of motivating workers in an organization especially in lever brothers Nigeria plc Aba for effective results and increase productivity.
- To fin out the various strategies of motivational techniques this can result to high productivity. And also, to find out whether opportunities for advancement can as the worker output level.
- Finally, to find to if the job economic security can enhance workers productivity.
1.4 Research Questions
- Does the issue of monetary incentive serve as an essential tool of motivation employees?
- How does a motivation affect employee’s productivity in an organization?
- What are the motivational strategies employed to increase workers productivity in A.S.E.C/
- What social impacts has the presence of the Anambra state commission made on the environment
- The workers physical conditions motivating factors?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
- HO: Monetary incentives do not motivate employees.
- HI: Monetary incentives motivate employees.
- HO: There is no significant relationship between motivation and productivity.
- HI: There is significant relationship between motivation and ductility.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The study will be of great interest to the by management of both public and private organization because with the help of the finding and recommendation the will have alas line from which to start remedial action whenever there is sign of employee’s inefficiency.
- The study will serve as guide towards evolving specific strategic to be employed inefficiency this will help to finding immediate solution when combating related employee problem in future.
- The importance of the study cannot be over emphasized because it will enable the top management to know how to deal with employees in order to get them to increase the moral and productivity and to reorganize the workers aspirations and needs with objectives and good of the organization.
- The study will serves as a reference matter to future researchers.
- It will help the research to be awarded a certificate in management.
1.7 Scope of the Study
This study was executed in education commission Awka data and information were obtain from the employers and workers.
This is an intension to this research work to cover all aspect of educational commission Awka and other method of operation as such as will be above the scope of the study.
The study concentrated on the effectiveness of motivation on employee’s productivity emphasizing its importance in achieving objectives and goal in various are and finding the area.
Generalizing will be made about the entire employees, using results gathered from the study on educational commission Akwa.
1.8 Limitation of the Study
This study on the contribution of effective of motivation on employee productivity in Anambra state. A case study of education commission Awka was greatly affected by time constraints to cover all aspect of productivity in Anambra state another limitation was ignorance’s in the sides of the respondent to understand the purpose of the study and hence found it difficult to release information as requested by those researchers.
Financial constraints was in facts another inhabitation falter in carrying out this research, finally inadequate of relevance modern materials to up –date the literature reared its heard as a problem to the researcher efforts.
1.9 Definition of Terms
These are workers that being employed by the employer on which certain duties are allocated to them discharge efficiently and effectively.
They are head of an organization which are no charge of managerial functions.
Is a process of planning organizing direction and controlling and co-coordinating the activities of the organization in order to read it goals and objectives.
This desirables a state of individuals attitude, judgment and feely about work, company or supervisor of mans morale to an event can be high or low and morale can be influenced by needs.
Is the inner stimulus that induces a person or make a person to behave the way he does.
To meet up the new and wants of a particular request.
These deals with the manner an organization goes about to achieve its objectives they are therefore plans in that they established a customary method of handily future activities.
Is the measure of how well resources are brought together in organization and utilized for accomplishing a set of result mali (1978) define productivity as reaching the highest level of performance with least expenditure of resources.
Objectives are specifies goals which have to be accomplished in order to achieve the mission it is a planning techniques which provides each manger at every level in the organization with specific work targeting objectives at a time.
5.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendation
5.1 Summary of Findings
- The researcher found that the majority of Anambra state education commission employees are not adequately motivated and this has led to a great deal of dissatisfaction among employees in their deal of dissatisfaction was usually as a result of non- application of monetary incentive within the organization. All these constraints, if not looked into it will ultimately lead to low productivity among employees
- The study revealed that the majority of the employers are ready and willing to take up challenging task that will eventually lead to their being recognized in the organization if such opportunities are provided to item the employees concerned will put maximum efforts which ultimately will lead to increase in productivity.
- Also the study revealed that the non conducive nature of employees work environment does seriously affect their productivity as most of them will not be willing to put in their effort.
- In a bid to find out the efficiency of motivation in the manufacturing concerns the researcher also carried out by mans of questionnaire survey interviews and observations. The researcher however deducted that in most companies their motivation performance would always be unproductive without very good managerial capabilities.
- Motivation system has an impact on the performance and profit level of the company efficient and effective motivating techniques will bring about a high turnover and equally increase the productivity while inefficiency will bring about a drastically low rate turnover there by increasing the productivity of the motivation in order to regain the profit performance through motivation will be heed responsible for the negative effect of not using the managerial methods properly.
- No organization can perform efficiently and effectively when there is no existence of motivating techniques
- Most of the staff in a particular department does not really have the knowledge of what is happening in the other departments.
From the result of the study, it has been that the study mainly thought to identify the major problems that militate against the motivation of workers in Anambra state commission the employees are not adequately motivated they becomes satisfied which eventually leads to how low morale and poor performance thereby undermining the main aim of the organization (goal achievement).
In fact, the importance of motivation toward s (goal achievement cannot be overemphasized the management should always make sure that the interests of the employees will strive to see to the achievement of organization goal or objectives management should always try to give serious thought to ways and means of evolving the most effective method to motivate employees. As has earlier been noted in the proceeding chapters, the creation of opportunity for employees to make up challenging task attaching some rewards (monetary or other to them will prove very successful in motivating employees.
The following were revealed from their response in the questionnaire.
- Evidence form this proved that in order to ensure favourable attitude to workers towards their job an appreciable standard has to support resources and services.
- The government of the authority concerned should supply resources such as a regular payment of worker salaries in time as at when due. Rent subsidy, pensions, gratuity insurance, courage and transport, etc. all these have to be provided to workers salaries too as motivators and also facilitate the desire positive result of workers in Anambra state education commission.
- The management should try and introduce a system of open door policy where the employees will have the opportunity of coming in contact with management and feel free to voice out their feelings as regards a particular issues they feel disturbed.
- The management should try as much as possible to provide employees with conductive atmosphere necessary for effectives work performance like providing facilities that will help easy performance e.g all conditioned offices and materials to work with.
5.4 Areas of Further Research
The following areas were made for further research.
- The research should be conducted with a work larger sample size for more detailed findings and relation of more facts.
- The study should conduct to identify factors militating the maintenance of good employee morale.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Effect Of Motivation On Employees Productivity In Anambra State (A Case Study Of Education Commission Awka)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply