Effect Of Mal-Administration And Corrupt Practice In The Local Government In Nigeria (A Study Of Onuimo Local Government Area.)
The major objective of the introduction of this project is based mostly on the local government system in Nigeria, which government at the grassroots exercise substantial control systematically designed with a view of facilitating development at the rural level.
This work intends to investigate or look into the corruption and mal-administration in the local government system in Nigeria using Onuimo Local Government Area council as a study.
Table Of Content
- Title page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 Objectives of the study
- 1.4 Research questions
- 1.5 Significance of the study
- 1.6 Scope of the study
- 1.7 Limitation of the study
- 1.8 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Importance of local government
- 2.3 Staffing in the local government system
- 2.4 Control and supervision of local government
- 2.5 Sources of local government revenue
- 2.6 Meaning of corruption and mal-administration
- 2.7 Causes of corruption and mal-administration in Onuimo local government council
- 2.8 Effect of corrupt practices in Onuimo Local government council
- 2.9 Solution to the local government corruption mal-administration
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research design
- 3.3 Sources of data collection
- 3.4 Population and sample size
- 3.5 Sample techniques
- 3.6 Validity and reliability of measuring instrument
- 3.7 Method of data analysis
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Presentation of data
- 4.3 Analysis of data
- 4.4 Interpretation of results
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Summary of findings
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of Study
The history of Onuimo Local Government could be traced back 1996. The local governments are among the last batch of local government created in Imo state by the military regime which brought the number local government in Imo state 27 and in the Nigeria is 774. Therefore, the federal government primary object for the creation of local government is to ensure even as third tier of government is to ensure even rural development and grass root participation in the government of nation the foresight was to stabilize democracy as genuine and acceptable system of government.
However, Onuimo Local Government headquarters is situated at Okwe, and unique in many ways. It has four large clans of Okwe Uwduregbagu , Okwelle and Umunna some other autonomous communities was covered out of these four clans namely, Eziama Okwe, Ezelu Okwe, Owerre Okwe, Umucheke Okwe, Umunna Okwe, Diakuma Ezifoke, Old Umunna, Okwelle, Ikwuota,Umokadik, Obinula etc.
The local government area is suitable for ago industrial investment. A lager quality of clay exists in the local government area.
This is of the economic potential of the harnessed by industrial and the local is readily available to enter into partnership for actualization of even development.
Thus, corruption and mal-administration has eaten into mind of public- office holders, instead of these in the local government integrating the activities of the government of the government of better development, they rather disintegrate them and that makes the entire society to be sick today.
Therefore, the question now will be that area that using the allocation that comes to them every month to do apart from paying their staff, with this, one can find out the country and that must be the reason why today, every government wants to continue since the colonial master’s have succeeded in colonizing us why cant we emulate them in there way of leadership and stop the problem of corruption and mal-administration in the country especially in our local government system.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
In the process of decision making, especially in important and urgent matter that has been used by corrupt leader and also due process affect and bring about waste of material and resources necessary for the government.
Miss Management of fund is one of the factors that affect the local government council particularly in Onuimo local government.
1.3 Objectives Of Study
The objectives of study of mal-administration is base on how to alleviate the rate of corruption and ensure that there is good administration that will help to promote, peace, harmony, unity and effectiveness in Onuimo local government area. In that way the activities of the government will be better and develop especially in Onuimo.
1.4 Research Question
For the purpose of the study the following research question have been entertained and also to guide against any form of ambiguity.
- Does local government have qualified manpower?
- Does local government have enough source of fund?
- Does local government have their own freedom from federal and state levels?
- What are the importance of local government to the rural development?
- Are local government workers promptly paid?
1.5 Significance Of The Study
This study will provide efficient and effectiveness in the administration and management of Onuimo local government area in Imo state equally inject new ideas and approach to eradicate high level of corruption fraud and embezzlement among officers, commissioners and head of local government service.
The significance of the study will be vital hence the result of the study will help the policy maker to decide on felt programmer which is to be introduced. The result of this also provide basis for placement developed office rural divert and rural development programmers.
The study also aimed at flushing out the corrupt administrations and to correct misappropriation of public fund in the local government.
Finally, it will help a great deal to identify the failure lapses and neglects in the management system of the local government administration.
1.6 Scope Of The Study
The research is expected to cover Onuimo local government area in Imo state. This is to ensure that necessary attention is focused on the pointing and target relevant to the project.
1.7 Limitation Of The Study
Most of the indispensable factors that are containing in the research include?
–The researcher needed money to transport him to Onuimo local government.
–Time was a very big problem that limited the research interest demitting and more interest study.
Collection Of Data:
– The greatest difficulty that the researcher faced was the collection of data and materials most of the people where afraid to respond to questions asked to them.
Attitude Of Respondent:
– Most of the respondent exhibited certain uncompromising attitude towards answering some of the research question such as “come today come tomorrow” attitude and this affect the research work adversely.
1.8 Definition Of Terms
–Is government at local level exercise through representative council established by law to exercise specific power within define areas.
–Is a direct ruler ship of the people of Nigeria by the British or colonial masters and not be forgotten in the history of local government setting in Nigeria.
–This entails dishonest or illegal behavior especially of people in authority.
– The fact of managing a business or an organization in a badly way that is against humanity.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
In this chapter the researcher tries to summarize the findings of the research work and also observe that there is corruption and mal-administration in the local government in Nigeria has really been a burden and an obstacle in the growth of the local government that needs to be eradicated or eliminated by the oneness of the government and the researcher also made some recommendation on how the local government will be effective.
5.2 Summary Of Findings
From findings on the research work, we have understood that local government in Nigeria suppose to be aiming at increasing the availability and widening the distribution of basic life sustaining goods. My audience strongly agreed that the present local government is corrupt with non challant attitude of the staff who regards government properly as no body’s properly and this create a negative change to our environment and also effects the life of the poor masses.
The findings shows that there is a great case of accounting and financial control system mapped out. This shows that there is a great lack of supervision, from the supervisor officers to their subordinate apart from misappropriation and mal-administration, there are authorities lack of regular view of their project amongst other.
In conclusion corrupt and mal-administration has eaten cheaper into the local government system in this country. Issues like fraud, bribery, sacrificing of meritocracy for mediocrity embezzlement has posed a greater challenge to this tier.
In Onuimo local government council, corruption and mal-administration have become an effect to the state government because the masses especially that illiterate ones will be saying that the government who suppose to build school or hospital e.t.c to them are not doing so, not knowing that it lies in the hand local government council.
Further, corruption creates a gap in communication system. As a result of this, the people do not know problems that have being happening in the local government and therefore do not contribute in the running of the council.
In order to solve this problems, the researcher’s respondents and the researcher has made attempt to suggest some recommendation as a means of upgrading the standard of living of the rural populace especially this area of the research work.
According to F.C. Okoli (2000)
- There is a need for provision of jobs, better education and promotion of cultural and humanity values which serves not only to enhance the material well being but also to generate greater individual and material self esteem.
- Strongly control mechanism should be adopted by the federal government to ensure that various project mapped out by local government are being properly executed and complete.
- There should be a good relationship between local government council and traditional rulers. This will motivate the greater number of people to participate fully in any government work.
- Disciplinary measure should be introduced to curb the exercise of the local government staff.
- Development administration should be introduced and supervised in conjunction with the community leaders.
- There should be effective and efficient motivation processes as hallmark for good local government administration
- Project should be given base on aristocracy not by mediocrity
How To Get The Complete Material For “Effect Of Mal-Administration And Corrupt Practice In The Local Government In Nigeria (A Study Of Onuimo Local Government Area.)“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Effect Of Mal-Administration And Corrupt Practice In The Local Government In Nigeria (A Study Of Onuimo Local Government Area.)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
Need a Different Topic? Perform a Quick Search