Development Of An Enterprise Resource Record Management System
This research work focused on the development of an enterprise resource record management system a case study of Siba group of companies Ikot Ekpene. The system was needed because there are different units in an enterprise and there is no integrated system to manage relevant information in the different units of the organization. The units may include: inventory, human resources and assets. To solve this problem, an enterprise resource record management system is developed to capture the information from the different units so that reports can be easily obtained when needed. The enterprise information is saved to a database to aid quick retrieval. The benefits of the system are it saves time and eliminates the accumulation of paper files. The software development methodology used is Object Oriented Analysis and Design Methodology (OOADM) and the programming language used is Visual BASIC 6.0.
This chapter presents the introduction to enterprise resource record management system. It also presents the theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, scope of the study, significance of the study, organization of the research and definition of terms.
1.1 Theoretical Background
The business environment is dramatically changing. Companies today face the challenge of increasing competition, expanding markets, and rising customer expectations. This increases the pressure on companies to lower total costs in the entire supply chain, shorten throughput times, drastically reduce inventories, expand product choice, provide more reliable delivery dates and better customer service, improve quality, and efficiently coordinate global demand, supply, and production . As the business world moves ever closer to a completely collaborative model and competitors upgrade their capabilities, to remain competitive, organizations must improve their own business practices and procedures. Companies must also increasingly share with their suppliers, distributors, and customers the critical in-house information they once aggressively protected . And functions within the company must upgrade their capability to generate and communicate timely and accurate information. To accomplish these
objectives, companies are increasingly turning to enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. ERP provides two major benefits that do not exist in non-integrated departmental systems: (1) a unified enterprise view of the business that encompasses all functions and departments; and (2) an enterprise database where all business transactions are entered, recorded, processed, monitored, and reported. This unified view increases the requirement for, and the extent of, interdepartmental cooperation and coordination. But it enables companies to achieve their objectives of increased communication and responsiveness to all stakeholders .
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The following problems are prevalent in business enterprises:
- Many enterprises still make use of the manual method of recording organizational information on booklets or registers alone.
- It is time consuming to find needed information.
- It is difficult to update information without errors.
- Accumulation of paper files and booklets.
- To overcome these problems an automated enterprise resource record system is needed. It is in view of this need that necessitated the research study.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of the research work is to develop an enterprise resource record management system. The following objectives will help in achieving the aim:
- To create an application with an interface to capture enterprise resource record for inventory, human resources and sales.
- To implement a database system to retain information about the enterprise resource record.
- To develop a system that will aid in easy updating of enterprise resource record.
- To implement a system that will enable the querying of the database for specific information.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the research work is that it will provide the management of Siba enterprises with a software system that will aid easy management of enterprise resource record. It will reduce numerous paper work, errors and aid quick retrieval of needed information. The study will also be useful to other researchers seeking similar information.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This research work covers the development of an Enterprise resource record management system for inventory, human resources and Assets using Siba group of companies Ikot Ekpene as a case study.
1.6 Organization of Research
This research work is organized into five chapters.
- Chapter one is concerned with the introduction of the research study and it presents the preliminaries, theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of terms.
- Chapter two focuses on the literature review, the contributions of other scholars on the subject matter is discussed.
- Chapter three is concerned with the system analysis and design. It presents the research methodology used in the development of the system, it analyzes the present system to identify the problems and provides information on the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed system. The system design is also presented in this chapter.
- Chapter four presents the system implementation and documentation, the choice of programming language, analysis of modules, choice of programming language and system requirements for implementation.
- Chapter five focuses on the summary, constraints of the study, conclusion and recommendations are provided in this chapter based on the study carried out.
1.7 Definition of Terms
A company, business, organization, or other purposeful endeavor.
Raw materials or personnel used to achieve an objective in an enterprise.
A set of data relating to a single individual or item
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
This chapter presents the summary, conclusion, constraints of the study and offers useful recommendations.
5.1 Constraints of the Study
In carrying out the research work, some challenges were faced that limited the study such as:
The time given for the completion of the research work was too short hence the researcher had speed up the research work to meet up and this has an impact on the study.
Few materials were found pertaining to the research area and this limited the bulk of the literature review.
The high cost of textbooks, internet browsing and transportation to different libraries to gather materials stood as a constraint to the research work.
This study focused on the development of an enterprise resource record system. It was discovered that an enterprise resource record system enables the management of the enterprise to be able to maintain unified system that holds information about the resources of the enterprise. It eliminates accumulation of paper files, easy management of the enterprise resource information. It also enables the management of the organization to effectively monitor the records of the different units of the enterprise. Computerizing enterprise resource records facilitates easy management of the organization. In this research work, an enterprise resource record system is developed that maintains information about human resources, inventory and assets.
From the study conducted it is obvious that it is important that enterprises implement an automated system to manage enterprise resource records. This will enable them to effectively run the business based on the easy access to the information pertaining to enterprise resources.
The following recommendations are offered based on the findings of the study;
- Enterprises should acquire enterprise resource record systems to unify the enterprise records for easy management.
- Staff should be trained to be computer literate.
- More research should be encouraged in the area of enterprise resource record management.
- Software engineers should be recruited to develop and maintain customized software application to maintain enterprise resource information.
How To Get The Complete Material For Development Of An Enterprise Resource Record Management System
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Development Of An Enterprise Resource Record Management System” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Development Of An Enterprise Resource Record Management System” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.