Determination Of PH Value Of Pure Water Sachet And Bore Hole Water
This project work focused on the determination of the PH values of pure water sachet and sample of borehole water found in Benin city, Edo State. The five different pure water sample analyzed include ages, Maria, Faith, Mark, Uniben and Uncle Sam. The five different borehole sample analyzed include the area located at 8 Edo Street, Ugbowo, Block 25 Technical Estate No, 46 Jonathan Akpobarie Street, Ohlucky Street BDPA, No 8, Otahigbogiue Street, Off Adolor College road Ugbowo, and NO 3, 15th Street Off Estate Junction road BDPA all located in Benin City. The result of the PH analysis show that majority of the pure water produces adhere to the PH of 7.0 to 7.20 recommended by the world health organisation (WHO). However, the result of the borehole samples PH analysis show acidic characters. Based on these findings, appropriate recommendations were made.
Table of Content
- Title page
- Certification page
- Table of content
- Background of the study
- Importance of pure water
- Statement of problem
- Purpose of the study
- Aims and objectives of the study
- Significance of study
- Scope of study
- Definition of terms
- Literature review
- Characteristics of water
- Sources and availability
- Surface water
- Ground water
- Water pollution
- Factors responsible for water pollution
- Domestic sewage effects
- Industrial waste
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Heavy metal
- Measurement of pollution characteristics
- Physical characteristics
- Chemical characteristics
- World health organisation drinking water standard
- Waste from natural sources
- Thermal pollution of surface water
- Classification of water pollutants
- Research methodology
- Population of sample
- Sample techniques
- Presentation and analysis of data
- Sampling stations
- Summary of PH of sachet water sample and borehole sample
- General observation
1.1 Background of Study
What Is Water?
Water is the most abundant liquid on earth it covers three quarters of the earth surface. Oceans cover wsout 72% of the earth and the average depth is 2.5 miles. The oceans are the source of 97% of all water. The rest consist of 2.1% in glaciers, 0.6% fresh water in lakes and rivers 0.6% ground waters and 0.1% in brine well and brackish waters.
Water is the major components of living things for example, the water content of human adult is 70% the same proportion as the earths surface. Water is a liquid, which is colourless, odourless and tasteless. Human activities and settlements hinge on the availability of water. In man, three quarters of the fluid in him are made of water, water forms the essential medium in which the chemical reactions of his cells processed.
Importance of Water
Our physical biological environment play important role on water. As a vapour, it absorbs radiation to influence the heat balance and temperature of the environment thereby bringing moisture to the containment through the water cycle. Human activities and settlement also generate important role on water availability which is used as a medium into which man disposes his wastes which could be industrial domestic or agricultural. Water is so important that it is involves in almost every activity in man.
1.2 Statement of Problem
The research her realised that some of the pure water sachets and boreholes water have a lot of problems interms of not using the adequate or sufficient PH value recommended by the NAFDAC. As this has direct effect with the general interest of the consumers positively or negatively which influences the all round achievement in pure water sachets and borehole water. So in doing this, the following questions call for attention.
- Are pure water sachet companies in Benin City have too much acid content?
- Are the borehole water have too much acid content
- Is effluent from sewage plant properly treated?
- Are all the pure water sachet companies registered with the NAFDAC
- Does drinking water have taste, odour and colour?
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The relevance of this research work is to examine and make a report on PH value of sachet water samples and borehole water sample in Benin City. Some of the drinking water has already been contaminated, that is to say, the packaging and that of the nylons used to package the treated water are not properly checked. This research work is also aim to determine to what level pure water sachet and borehole water contained too acid and also to check whether all the pure water sachet companies are registered with NAFDAC (national Agency for food and Drug Administration Company).
1.4 Aims and Objective of the Study
The aims and objective of this study is to provide possible solutions that will sustain pure water sachet companies and borehole water in Benin City, Edo State.
- To ensure consumer buy pure water sachet registered with NAFDAC.
- To encourage consumers to report to the NAFDAC, if they see pure water sachet not registered being sold for drinking.
- To ensure pure water companies, the PH value of the water produced for consumption are within the standard recommended by the WHO for drinking water.
- To check packaging and ensuring that the nylons used to package the treated water do not contaminate the water put into it or give it some unwanted odour or taste.
- To ensure that, the best chemical is been used during the treatment of water.
- To ensure that sewage water be treated carefully.
- To sanction all the pure water companies not registered with NAFDAC.
1.5 Significance of Study
The researcher hopes what this research work will go along way for the society in developing the positive effects and thinking towards the determination of PH value of pure water sachets and bore hole sample. The research work is considered on believe to make the treatment more inclined to pure water sachet and bore hole water and greatly helps the companies in formulating a well planned programmer that will inculcate the right attitude towards the PH value of pure water sachet and borehole water in Benin City.
The research study is believed will make reforms of the present greatly increasingly emphasis on providing the treatment equipment for the pure water sachet and borehole water. The researcher study is to make all the pure water sachets and borehole water to be properly checked before drinking in order to improve good health.
Finally, the research work is believed to make an effort so that all the effluence from sewage plant is treated with chloride before drinking.
- Some of the pure water sachet companies in Benin City have too much acid content.
- Some of the bore hole water have too much acid content
- The effluent from sewage plant is not properly treated.
- Some of the pure water sachet companies is not registered with NAFDAC.
- Some drinking water has taste, odour and colour.
1.7 Scope of Study
This research study covers five selected pure water sachets companies and five of many different type of borehole water were looked into to see if there PH is in line with the recommendation for drinking water from the world health organisation WHO standard in respect to PH of each water sample.
Pure Water Sample
- UNIBEN pure water
- Maria pure water
- Ages pure water
- Faith mark pure water
- Uncle Sam pure water
- No 8 Edo Street off technical road
- Black 25 technical estate
- No 46 Jonathan Akpobaries street
- No 3 15th Street off estate junction
- No. 8 Otahoigbogie Street, off Adolor College.
1.8 Definition of Terms
This is a liquid without colour, taste or odour that falls as rain, is in lake, rivers, and seas, is used for drinking, washing and so on.
It is a change in physical, chemical, or Biological conditions in the environment of the air. Water or land that can harmfully affect health, survival, or activities of human or other living organisms.
These are the compounds that produces hydrogen ion (H+) as the only positive ions.
It is a compound that produces hydroxide ions (H-) in aqueous solutions.
This is defined as the negative logarithm to base ten of the hydrogen ion concentration
Complete Material Available
How To Get The Complete Material For Determination Of PH Value Of Pure Water Sachet And Bore Hole Water
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Determination Of PH Value Of Pure Water Sachet And Bore Hole Water
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
Comparing the value obtained from the ten different water sample with the world health organisation standard for drinking water, it was observed that PH analyzed for different water sample were in accordance with the concentration of some few. It was observed that PH value for Uncle Sam pure water and borehole sample of No 8 Edo Street Off Technical Road, Block 25 Technical Estate, NO 46 Jonathan Akpobarie and No. 3, 15th Street off Estate junction were too acidic for drinking purpose and this should be checked.
This project was designed with the sole aim of determining the PH of the sachet pure water and borehole water sold to consumers in Benin City, Edo State. In achieving this aim, several tools were used for analysis. The result obtained from the analysis were discussed extensively and also compared with the standard set by the world health organisation.
Parameters not in accordance with the WHO standard were the PH value for Uncle Sam and all the borehole water sample since they are too acidic.
- They should try to set up a monitoring team to make sure these pure water companies and bore hole coming up almost everyday register with NAFDAC (national Agency for Food and Drug Administration Company).
- They should have a routine for the PH value of water sample produced for consumption.
- Those pure water companies that are not registered with NAFDAC should be sanctioned.
1. They should ensure they buy pure water registered being sold for drinking.
2. They should report to the NAFDAC, if they see pure water not registered. Being sold for drinking.
To The Pure Water Companies
- They should make sure the PH value of the water produced for consumption is within the standard recommended by the WHO for drinking water.
- They should check packaging and ensuring that the nylons used to package the treated water do not contaminate the water put into it or gives some unwanted odour or taste.