Design And Implementation Of A Visa Processing Management System (A Case Study Of Some Selected Immigration Office In Abeokuta South Local Government, Area Of Ogun State)
This paper presents the design and implementation of a computerized Visa Processing Information System (VPS) for people seeking visa at the British embassy. The system is designed in such a way that most of the input and output operation is done via the internet. The design system is based on how you can get lot of information about our service, from advice on how to apply for a visa, to news about immigration policy changes. Our new mission statement explains how UK visas will deliver the border objectives set by our parent department, the home office and foreign and common wealth office; to achieve a balance between managing travel and migration and also preventing illegal immigration.
1.1 Background of the Study
In this project, design and implementation of a computerize visa processing information system is based on how you can get lot of information about our service, from advice on how to apply for a visa, to news about immigration policy changes. I hope you find it helpful.
A UK visa is the overseas arm of Britain’s integrated border management. We have visa offices in 160 locations throughout the world. The largest handles 300,000 applications a year; the smallest less than 10. we issue visas to 80% of those who apply and stop only those who are a significant immigration risk to the UK. We process over 90% of straightforward applications within 24 hours. This is a record of which we are proud, but we aim to do even better.
Our new mission statement explains how UK visas will deliver the border objectives set by our parent department, the home office and foreign and common wealth office; to achieve a balance between managing travel and migration and preventing illegal immigration
Our goals are
- To bring communities together
- To improve Britain’s competitiveness as a destination for travel, trade, migration and investment
- To prevent immigration abuse
- To deliver for money
- To earn public confidence
1.2 Statement of the Problem
In British visa processing information system, the problems we are facing are (i) Bankruptcy Attorney e.g. consumer present their case at legal match by through extensive client acquisition and market outreach efforts our legal match will assists thousands of visitors every day seeking help with their legal issues. In some areas consumers can also reach us by phone so new bankruptcy legislation may make it harder to find an attorney. (ii) Another problem in visa processing into system is the privacy and security problems ie using illegal or fraud visa to go to overseas. (iii) Health (tuberculosis) screening is another problem in visa processing system since it valid for larger than six months in certain countries now require a certificate to show that they are free from infections tuberculosis (TB) before that person will travel to overseas. The Government announced on 21 July 2005 its intention is to implement the first phase of an overseas screening programme for TB for people applying to enter the UK for more than 6 months in four year strategy earlier this year. The benefit of the programme is that successful applicants will benefit on arrival in the UK as they will not need to be referred to the port medical inspector before being allowed to enter the country.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The UK purpose of study in visa processing system is to achieve the following Diplomatic mission.
- A Diplomatic Mission is the office of a country’s diplomatic representative in the capital city of another country.
- Diplomatic Mission are established in accordance with the erovisions of the Vienna convention on Diplomatic relations 1961.
- Diplomatic Mission of a common wealth country in another common wealth country is called a “High commission”
- The head of mission is called “High commissioner”.
- A diplomatic mission in any foreign (i.e. non-common wealth) country is called an Embassy and the head of mission is called Ambassador’
- High commissions and Embassies perform the same functions and have the same status.
- The good management of our diplomatic mission is essential to the success of their work.
1.4 Objective of the Study
UK visas began life as the joint entry clearance unit (JECU) in June 2000. it was established jointly by the foreign and common wealth officer and the home office to manage the UK’s entry clearance (visa) operation.
Visa or entry clearance applications are processed by entry clearance officers in UK embassies, high commissions and consulates abroad, collectively known as UK missions. UK visas work closely with the immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) of the Home office, the Government department responsible for immigration policy and dealing with applications from people already in the UK to extend their stay; or to change their immigration status. UK visas reports to a joint management board of senior foreign and common wealth (FCD) and Home office officials and to ministers in both departments.
1.5 Scope of the Study
The scope of the study is concerned with the review to improve. Britain’s competitiveness as a destination for travel, trade, immigration and investment and to bring communities together. Specifically the study covers such areas like how UK visas will deliver the border objectives set by our parent department, such as the home office and the foreign common wealth office in order to achieve a balance between managing people’s travel and migration, and also preventing illegal immigration. In this study new computerized system is produced / designed after the critical analysis of the existing system of British embassy and visa processing information system.
1.6 Definition of Terms
It is a stamp or mark put in your passport by officials of a foreign country that gives you permission to enter pass through or leave their country.
It is a building in which a group of official led by an ambassador work in order to represent their government in a foreign country e.g. American embassy in London.
It is a person who is sent by one commonwealth country to live in another, in order to protect the interests of their own country
It is the process of coming to live permanently in a country that is not your own.
It is an organization consisting of the United Kingdom and most of the countries that used to be part of the British Empire.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
This project was not focused on the improvement of any particular existing visa processing system except that it being designed to increase the need to improve the existing system and promote reliability from the clients. The major objective of this System is to make it complicated for fake passport.
The following steps were taken in the development:
- Research on the topic and analysis of other method of visa processing
- Designed the workflow and database for the application based on the concluded specification
- Began the implementation of the application
- Tested and made corrections where the need arose (e.g. logical errors in the course sending data from a particular form to multiple tables in different forms without success)
With the use of Visa Processing System, large amount of passport can be protected from unauthorized users thereby promoting visa integrity.
As seen in Chapter Three, the software was tested and proven to contain the above characteristics.
As carefully as the steps to design the software were taken there are some steps that need to be taken so as to enhance the functionality of the software. They include:
- Use of biometric verification as a means of login for every users. If the above can be implemented to enhance the System, then VPS will fit into every country as a means of securing visa and prevent fake processing in the countries.
- Government should intervene in this projects
- Applicant should go to the right place to visa processing
- Government should orientate individual on the visa processing so as for them to know the right place to go for their visa processing.
- Online visa processing should not be too expensive
- Visa should be available for individual without any stress.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Design And Implementation Of A Visa Processing Management System (A Case Study Of Some Selected Immigration Office In Abeokuta South Local Government, Area Of Ogun State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply