Design And Implementation Of Movie Reservation System
This study presents the design and implementation of an online movie ticket reservation system using Silva Bird Cinema, Eket as a case study. The system is designed with features of an object oriented programming language using VB the programming interface and Microsoft Access as the database management system. The online approach is employed, which engages the service of the microprocessor as the input data are fed into the system. Error occurrences are immediately identified and corrected as well as performing proper validation on the system’s data. The new system would be very easy to use because it speed, safety, accuracy and reliability. It would be used for educating and teaching online ticket staffs and prospective customers in the aspects of ticket reservation.
Online movie ticket reservation system is basically made for providing the customer’s, any where and anytime service for booking seat in movie hall and together. Information about the movies online. The user can easily be able to know about the movies released and then make choice.
It is a web-based system. The customers can buy ticket online and cancel the seat at a suitable time (2 days before the show to 1hour before the show). To enhance the refund function, all the customers have to register to become a number before buying the ticket. Staff can use the system to insert and delete data (example film description, time table) which will update the webpage. Also staff can check the statistic information from the system.
The system is to provide an alternate and convenient way for a customer to buy movie tickets. It is an automatic system. After the data has been fed into the database, the staff does not need to do anything with the order once it is received through the system.
The name “movie” originates from the fact that photographic film (also called film stock) has historically been the medium for recording and displaying motion pictures. Many other terms exist for an individual motion picture, including picture, picture show, moving picture, photoplay and flick.
1.1 Theoretical Background
Today, it is believed that the application of computer technology in any activity would go a long way in making that activity much easier.
To the researcher, this statement remains a theory until proven otherwise by the implementation of online movie ticket reservation system.
It also believed that the benefit and advantages of using computer out weight that of the manual methods beyond doubt by the researcher through the implementation of the new system.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The major problem that give rise to this research project faced by the Silver Bird Cinema, Eket.
- Late seats reservation by customers.
- Fluctuation of network service.
- Inability to booked seat by computer illiterate customers.
- Corrupt and tactical customers who have ways of sneaking into the cinema hall with fake seats number printout.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The main aim of this study is to design and implement an online movies ticket reservation system. This system will achieve the following objectives.
- To establish an efficient way to promote the film on the internet.
- To minimize the number of staff at the ticket box.
- To increase the profit and obtain statistical information from the booking record.
- To provide an anytime, anywhere service for the customers to book their movie ticket.
- To create a reliable database of movies in the case study with their description.
- For research purpose (project writing and defuse.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This research project will be unnecessary if it does not have significance to humanity.
- The newly designed system is faster, more convenient and you do not have to go to station twice.
- Online ticket reservation is always a safe option, unless the website is insecure.
- Booking online ticket is safe if the company you plan to use, uses a Secure Server Software (SSS). This basically hides year private information from there.
- It saves a lot of money in printing cost because the company do not need to printout ticket to give to customers which get binned after the film anyway.
- It also saves a lot of time for the customers because, they do not need to arrived early to queue for ticket in case they are all sold out.
1.5 Scope and Limitations of the Study
This research project is restricted to the implementation of an online ticket reservation system for a case study. Data used for the study were gathered from Silver Bird, Eket.
1.6 Organization of the Research
The research project has been arranged in the order; Chapter one contains the introduction, theoretical background, significance of the study, organization of research, scope of the study, limitation of the study and definition of terms. Chapter two focused on the relevant literature review high lighting basic concepts. Chapter three is concerned with the system design, which emphasis on system design and flowchart. Chapter four is the system implementation which gives direction of systems and analysis of modules. Chapter five summarizes and concludes the research work offering some useful recommendations.
1.7 Definition of Terms
In order to do away with ambiguity, some terms and keywords in the context of this research are here by defined.
Is the building of system and installation to ensure that it solve a particular task.
Is a combination of related parts into a complex whole.
It is a collection of interrelated data stored together with controlled redundantly to serve one or more application in an optional fashion.
Is the act of reserving something e.g hotel accommodation, a seat on an aeroplane, in a theatre.
Is a piece of paper, cardboard, etc, showing that the holder is entitled to certain rights, such as travel on a train or bus, entry to a place of public.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
This chapter focuses on summary, recommendation and conclusion.
Here, the researcher shall have the summary from the problem stage to the implementation stage discussed. The relevant recommendations made in the study and conclusions are presented in details.
5.1 Constraint of the Study
Actually, the scope of this study were limited to most part of the work due to short time and also lack of some vital information from my case study. However, with some resources available, which was gotten from groups and individuals that in one way or the other have been affected by the same study. This individual include mainly staff and workers of Silver Bird, Eket made the research quite complex and enormous a lot of setbacks were encountered mostly the limited time that I had.
Design and implementation of an online ticket reservation system has been carried out using Silva Bird Cinema, Eket as a case study. Reservation of tickets has been a tedious task for prospective customers and staffs. It is time consuming, wasting of resources and often result to problems of customers and staff.
The alternative method of these problems is the development of the online ticket reservation system, which is an intelligent system which would assist both staffs and prospective customers when booking the tickets.
The new system would be very easy to use because of it speed, safety, accuracy and reliability. Information on customers can be promptly accessed.
The implementation of the new system is of more benefit than the known manual, method of ticket reservation system. It has better facilities and more advantages than information processing and retrieved.
Online ticket reservation system is presented which would be used for educating and teaching online ticket staffs and prospective customers in the aspects of ticket reservation. There were some major problems associated with ticket reservation that the system has death with the programs are coded using Visual Basic 6.0 and the whole system is organized into a modular unit.
Based on the finding of this research work on the Silva Bird Cinema hall, Eket the following recommendations were made.
- The staffs should be computer literature and competent enough to manipulate the system developed.
- The firm should introduce the computerized storage medium, which will serve as references to customers and in turn ascertain their reliability in the service.
- The system needs to be maintained through constant correction of errors by the system developer if any arises.
- The firm should create a database to carter for all the clients and ticket information to case retrieval of these data.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Design And Implementation Of Movie Reservation System
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply