Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Cargo Transportation Management System
This project was out of the necessity to address the inherent problems encountered by members of staff of super maritime shipping Agency and their customers.
The manual process involved in the management of cargo were critical examined and the flows noted. The software so designed offers to a great extent, the solutions to these problems. The project went further to ret the different techniques used in implementing the newly design software in order to facilitate a broader understanding of the design software by any user.
Table of Content
- Title Page
- Organization of the Work
- Table of Contents
- 1.1 Statement of the Problem
- 1.2 Purpose of Study
- 1.3 Aims and Objective
- 1.4 Scope of Delimitation
- 1.5 Limitations
- 1.6 Assumptions
- 1.7 Definition of Terms
2.0 Literature Review
3.0 Description and Analysis of the Existing System
- 3.1 Fact Finding Methods Used
- 3.2 Organization Structure
- 3.3 Objective of the Existing System
- 3.4 Input, Process, Output Analysis
- 3.5 Information Flow Diagram
- 3.6 Problem of the Existing System
- 3.7 Justification for The New System
4.0 Design of the New System
- 4.1 Output Specification and Design
- 4.2 Input Specification and Design
- 4.3 File Design
- 4.4 Procedure Chart
- 4.5 System Flow Chart
- 4.6 System Requirement
- 5.1 Program Design
- 5.2 Program Flowchart
- 5.3 Pseudo Code
- 5.4 Source Program
- 5.5 Test Program
- 7.0 Recommendation
- 7.1 Conclusions
1.1 Statement of the Problem
The management of Cargo in Nigeria has over the years attracted poor patronage as a result of errors inherent in the system. It is no longer a new thing that loss of customers’ goods is now the order of the day, the reasons are not far-fetched. Due to this manual procedure involved in Cargo management, clients have no other option than to be at the mercy of these error prone procedures.
Members of staff of supper maritime one to the registered shipping agencies and a subsidiary of Nigerian ports plc cannot provide their goods that is the nature of the method used in calculating the tonnage to know the amount of money to pay as cargo fees.
The method of information storage in the company is poor. This limits the number of official documents accessible by the customers because the system is not capable of managing old items of information which could be of use to be customer of anytime.
There is little or no security control system where the customers’ goods, document and classified information of the customer could be safe guarded from unauthorized access.
1.2 Purpose of the Study
The loopholes existing in the management of cargo under the suspicious of Nigerian ports plc and super maritime and the subsequent solutions to these existing problems were the driving force in undertaken this project or study.
1.3 Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of this study is to design and implement a computerized cargo transportation management system that will among other thing, make provision for a detailed breakdown of the customers weight of the goods / Cargo, quick retrieval and display of information pertaining to the client.
Provisions is also made to check fraud and other criminal acts carried out by both parties involved in the transaction and this lead to security and control. Also another aim of this study is to provide a system that will manage the customer’s document from the port of loading to the port of discharge with his on ground there will be no conflict between the port of loading and port of discharge.
1.4 Scope of Delimitation
This study is restricted to the full operations of Nigerian ports plc and super maritime shipping company.
It is assumed that the new system will do the following:
- The new system will create room for the client to know all th necessary facts about the vessel, mat is, the name of the vessel, the Nationality of the vessel and the voyage number with in the he shortest possible time so that transactions will be an easy task for the two parties involved.
- The know the actual port of discharge and port of loading so that the two ports will create no conflict or confusion for the client as regard the documents to be signed and counter signed by the client. For example, the bill of loading.
- The new system will create an avenue where by the measurement and Gross weight of the cargo will be known and the commensurate fees to be paid.
- The new system will also make all the on-line operations carried out in cargo management in supper maritime and Nigerian ports plc an easy task for official and staff of both establishment.
1.6 Definition of Terms
Goods carried in a ship
The acts of transportation goods by ship
A measure of the capacity of a ship (1 ton = 100 cubic feet.
A place where ships load and unload cargo shelter from storms
This is a ship for transport by water.
Bill of loading:
This is a list giving details of a ships cargo
This is a person or company to who in goods are send from the country of export and who receives them.
A list of cargo on a ship
A list of cargo on a ship
A place for a ship to be tied up in a harbor or anchored.
Port of loading:
A place where ships load cargo and leaves for the destination point
Port of discharge:
A place where ships unload cargo flow port especially a port or loading.
An area of water protected from the open sea by land or walls, in which ships can shelter.
This is an organization authored to act for another.
Term applied to goods being transported, it is also the term for the charge made for transporting the goods.
A floating object fixed to the bottom of the sea, a rival etc to make a place that is dangerous for boats or to show where boats may go.
Recommendation and Conclusion
For this research work, i recommend a parallel change over, parallel change over means a situation where by the old and the new way of working is implemented. That is, the old (manual) and the newly designed software computerized for transaction of business between the company and her customers are being run.
This is to enable a sound understanding of the new system design for the effectiveness of this changeover; there are other tasks that must be accomplished.
They include the following.
- Installation of cooling devices such as the air condition for cooling the computer system
- The company should be sending their staff for training so that they acquire more skills and experience in operating the new designed system
- Provision of security measures for the system e.g. Alarm gadgets and burglary proof should be in place.
- Installation of telephone services is needed so that there won’t be any problem in communication.
- Provision of false floor and false ceiling.
- Provision of house cleaner to keep the computer room neat and dust free.
- I recommend the various finding on this study as a basis for selecting a research topic by potential researchers.
In conclusion, this work has achieved its aims and objectives which is all above creating a means through which the activities and operations of the shipping company will be made faster, effective, efficient and reliable to the =customer’s satisfaction.
How To Get The Complete Material For Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Cargo Transportation Management System
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Cargo Transportation Management System” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Cargo Transportation Management System” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.