Design And Fabrication Of An Electric Stove And Oven
In this project (3) alternative design solutions were considered for the locally made electric run. The authors utilize the available local raw demerits of each alternative with respect to the considered group were discussed and the solutions of the alternative that best satisfied the limitations was selected for production. Material selection, design and cost of analysis, production processes and operation maintenance and problems encountered during the design were also included.
The importance of preserving meat, fish and bread baking has been over emphasized. And also it has been a problem to mankind on how or the means of cooking food, which will be faster and easier.
It was the acknowledgement of this simple fact that led to the design of stove and oven, which will be operated by an electricity. All existing stove with oven have almost the same frame work and virtually the same component parts. They differ only in their medium of drying. This is because most dryers use gas as a heating medium, others use electric heating element, while others employ the use of solar energy. This now brings about three alternatives to be discussed in this project. This design in particular is an electric operated stove / oven.
The design work is based on the authors experience gains during a four months industrial attachment period done after the first year of the national Diploma course in this department. It is also based on his knowledge of strength of material heat, transfer, thermodynamics, workshop technology, fluid mechanics, engineering measurement and engineering drawing gained during our two years of study in this institution.
These dryers/stove are widely used for the cooking, drying and preservation of meat, grains fish and cake/bread baking for domestic, agricultural, industrial and commercial purposes. The local means of drying and preserving agricultural products including bread and cake baking is not enough to achieve the above purpose. Some limitations exist in the already existing models, of this machine.
Limitations of the Already Existing Models of the Machine
- Some of these machines are usually manual operated machine and also small in size thereby defeating the aim of inventing them, which chiefly to encourage mass production.
- Most of the raw material used for fabricating these machines are imported, as a result of this, the price of the machines are usually high and to have replaceable parts using various fastening and assembly device for joining components. It should also use components whose manufacturing processes are less complex so that users can easily replace damaged parts.
- The machine has limited number of existing ones in the market because the designers for economic reasons and perhaps profits maginalization like the selling price. This causes unavailability of the machine to the common man.
Two types of maintenance recommended for the stove / oven are running maintenance and periodic maintenance.
Running maintenance is not al that needed since almost all parts are enclosed lower the outer and inner frames need to be cleaned at all times especially the inlet and outlet openings.
The environment also should be draughts free. The heat should be controlled.
Periodic maintenance is very important and should be carried out at intervals of three (3) mouths to ensure efficiency and long live. The drying chamber should be cleaned and all left – over grains removed.
It should be also checked for any sign of wear. Replace any part, if wear is noticed the bearing should be greased from time to time to ensure efficiency. The heating chamber should be checked and replaced if found faulty.
In fabricating the stove, some problems were encountered which reduced working place and increased work down time.
For future work and that these problems will be planned for and eliminated before commencement of production, the problem are enumerated as follows:
- Coupling of the shaft to the drying chamber posses us with a lot of problems because centre of the drying chambers is difficult to be located. But this was finally done by the help of a non – academic staff in the workshop.
- Few faulty machines in the workshop forced me to take my project outside the work in order to meet up with the stipulated time.
- Fluctuation of power supply (electricity) delayed my project work a lot and generator serving as an alternative doesn’t cover the whole parts of the workshop.
- The inflationary tendencies of the market forces affected my budge and thus materials cost me more and it equally affected the cost of production.
This recommendation is based on the problems encountered during the fabrication process of the stove / oven.
- The first and foremost is that the department should put in consideration to provide financial assistance to viable project such as this so that future research into it will keep on resulting to improved model of the machines.
- The department should overhaul the remaining faulty machines so that there will be no alteration in the effort to improve t he nations indigenous technology.
- The generator serving the workshop should be made to serve or to carry the capacity of the workshop so that all the machines can be used when there is power failure.
- Students project should be kept in a safer place and in good condition so as to enable those who may like to carry on a project on a similar project to be reference at it.
Comparison of the designed stove with the commercial ones show that its functionality is 99.0% that of the commercial ones. The machine passes all fitness and inspection test. There was no difference between the grain dryed with the designed stove and the commercial type. This is the summary of the commercial ones and the fabricated one, it cost about 15% less than the commercial type. When mass produced to a production level of about 1000 stoves, the facilities needed, for boosting production to this level would definitely be able to amortize and pay back from saving within four years services.
Finally it is therefore recommended that the school of Engineering, Institute of Management and Technology, venture into the production of machines (stove) for this will go a long way to boost the nations economy and as well as indigenous technology.
How To Get The Complete Material For Design And Fabrication Of An Electric Stove And Oven
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Design And Fabrication Of An Electric Stove And Oven
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply