Cooperative Society As A Strong Key To Employment Generation In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Some Selected Cooperatives In Owerri North L.G.A.)
This study evaluates cooperative and employment generation in Owerri North L.G.A of Anambra state. Two sources of data namely primary and secondary data were used. On the above findings and conclusion, the following recommendations where made to improve their performance.
Removal or review of cooperatives laws and regulations explained all available opportunity to expand their fund raising ability etc.With the above recommendations it is hoped that the performances of cooperatives within the L.G.A and beyond especially on their employment generation will improve.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Certification page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 Objective of the study
- 1.4 Significance of the study
- 1.5 Research question
- 1.6 Scope and limitation of the study
- 1.7 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 An over view of cooperative business
- 2.2 Impact of cooperative in employment generation in Owerri North L.G.A.
3.1 Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1 Source of data
- 3.2 Population size and sample size determination
- 3.3 Sample size
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1 The Method of Investigation
- 4.2 Presentation and analysis of data
- 4.3 Data presentation
5.0 Summary of findings, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary of findings
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of The Study
In order to conduct the business of the government effectively, the tasks of government are broken into different parts and each task is assigned to a ministry, department of bureau.
In Nigeria, we are faced with problem of employment and this has invariably contributed to the level of our department economic wise. It is in recognition of this problem that the Nigerian governments (federal, state and local) are now mounting series of programmes designed to intimate people to appreciate the importance of cooperative business and its employment potentials.
A typical example is the establishment of people’s bank, cooperative inspirations in both the rural and urban areas, Owerri North local Government inclusive. By definition, cooperative is the coming together of people with socio-economic problems and by pooling their resources together and try to solve their problems with guiding principles and which must be registered afterwards.
Therefore, cooperative and employment is a way by which the cooperative organization seeks t0 generate employment, thereby reducing unemployment during this employment generation, cooperatives are faced with various problems both from within and outside which seek to distribute and is able to be solved when the problems affecting it are solved.
Cooperative generate employment in various ways due to the fact that it can be small and large scale through which works which include mental, skilled, labour etc. are expected to be seen, meaning that cooperatives can generate employment from the various sectors seen in our environmental service as a guard stick in disking using developed from undeveloped or developing countries. Economists are of the view that countries with high rate of unemployment are low in productivity Todora (1997:29).
Every government in the world including Nigerian makes efforts to develop by introducing new programmes and policies recognizing the fact that economic growth is weak on employment and availability of resource, hence this programme is worth giving a trial.
It is against this background that researcher is motivated to choose this topic “cooperative and Employment Generation” in realization of the fact that every economic recover and industrialization would be faster and flourish more in our round area and cities Owerri north was chosen because of its geographical commercial and economic significance in Nigeria
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
It has been the perspective if many that cooperative ends up in very little work activities and has got nothing much to do with employment generation. This dies not seem to me that they misconstruction or underestimate it because they lack the proper knowledge and understanding of its contribution. This further delays our desire to attain great economic height.
The problem of employment brought about the following question
- Does cooperative business has enough employment potentials for the ever growing Nigeria people s population from the view of Owerri north L.G.A?
- What factor Constraint the growth of cooperative business?
- How significant is lack of capital and infrastructure in the establishment of cooperative business as it relates to Owerri north L.G.A?
- What role dose government policy play to encourage cooperative business in employment generation on Owerri north L.G.A?
1.3 Objective Of The Study
Realizing the employment generation potential of cooperative business there are no two ways other than creating serious awareness among the people emphasizing more on cooperative as best alternative to our much talked about employment problem. Economist believe that more that half of our problems are over when we have full employment. The study “cooperative societies a strong key to employment generation in Nigeria is designed to:
- Identify of cooperative business has enough employment potentials for the growing population of the nation from the Owerri North L.G.A.
- Identify the core problems that hinder people from establishing and operating cooperative business.
- Find out remedial actions taken solve, reduce the problems above:
- Find out causes of these inhibiting factors.
- Identify possible suggestion as how-to solve the problem of cooperative business in Owerri North L.GA.
1.4 Significant Of The Study
Cooperative business is the roots to the ownership of capital and likewise participation towards the economic and industrial growth of the nation. This research is particularly of importance to the growth of people as it provides:
- Opportunity to persons who may need to appreciates what constitutes cooperatives business in generating employment and expected problems to be encountered.
- The profitability person(s) venturing in cooperative business.
- There is practically significant to the Nigerian government as it affords the government an opportunity to appreciate the problems facing the establishment of efficiency by compassing how much is produced with the resources used.
1.5 Research Questions
- What do you think cooperative society is like?
- Does cooperative business have enough employment potentials for the over growing Nigeria people’s population from the view of Owerri North L.G.A?
- What factors constraint the growth of cooperative business?
- What role does government policy play to encourage cooperatives business in employment generation on Owerri North L.G.A?
- Do investors of cooperative societies look forward in finding a lasting solution to current employment?
1.6 Scope And Limitations Of Study
The study are of coverage is Owerri North L.G.A but due to some factors which include the large scope etc. which leads to some difficulties, the phrase cooperative and employment generation already brings to attention that there are other ways to employment generation but this study is restricted to cooperatives in Owerri North because of time, finance and distance.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
It is the act of emptying or using the state of being employed occupies his time.
A business may be classified under incorporated, and non incorporated, incorporated as in registered and non corporate as in not registered firm or business.
The process of planning organizing directing and controlling the effort of organization members by using all other organizational goals.
A form of business which involves the coming together of individuals which have socio economic problems top pool their resources together in other to help solve it. The cooperative must be registered and must be working under laid down rules principles.
This is the measurement efficiency by comparing how much is produced with the research used.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
5.1 Summary Of Findings
This has far evaluated the employment generation cooperative business enterprise on Owerri North L.G.A of Anambra state and Nigeria in general. As earlier pointed out, the study was purely designed adopted by the researcher was collected from questionnaires administrated red to both cooperative societies and the pubic with the LGA as well as oral interview conducted.
Also, books and related materials contributed in assembling data for this work. The data collected were analyzed and the hypothesis formulated at the beginning of the study.
It should however be noted that due to the relationship employment possibilities and their effectiveness which was highlighted earlier on this study, this study revile the employment generation as they may affects cooperative enterprises in Owerri North LGA.
Generally, at the end of this study, the following findings were based on empirical evidence from the data analysis.
- Cooperative business holds employment generation in Owerri North L.G.A.
- There is a positive relationship between the establishment of cooperative and increase in employment opportunities in Owerri North L.G.A.
- Cooperative business is found in all sectors in Owerri North L.G.A.
- Each cooperative business set up has goals and objective which it wishes to achieve and for what it comes out existence but how to get the employees towards achieving those goals, remain a problem.
- Also, cooperative business in Owerri North a part from improving the value of goods and services engages themselves in the production of such goods and service and most importantly utilizes low capital cost for creating employment opportunities.
- Cooperative business operation on Owerri North encounter a lot of problems prominent among which are lack of funds, managerial inefficiency, limited access to credit facilities, dilapidated unlivable and sub standard infrastructural facilities etc.
- Cooperative organization suffers for low share capitals a direct consequence of low membership size and general poverty among the members coupled with non negotiable non holding of multiple shares.
- (viii) The embezzlement of funds in some cooperative societies by corrupt officials and in some societies, members display high degree of apathetic attitudes towards the affairs of their society, this affects employment generation.
- Cooperative organizations in Owerri North extend cooperative education to some of their employees and this gesture helps to improve their importance.
- The prevailing economic depression of the country has adversely affected the employments potentials and consequently the efficiency and effectiveness of cooperative business organizations
- The cooperative lack the ability or rather are not knowledgeable enough to explore all available ability to borrow, extend credit and invest fund as cooperative banks are regularly being hijacked by other interest group.
This study was successfully evaluated the employment generation of cooperative organization in Owerri North L.G.A for employment generation.
This study has equally identified some problems militating against the success and survivals of cooperative business within this present economic scenario in Nigeria has been low and poses both challenging s and problems yet offers some prospects.
Expectedly, the low employment generation resulting as a result of some factors responsible for this state of affairs which in clued lack of evaluation of encouragement from government too. These problems as long as they exist, the employment generation of cooperative business cannot improve.
Happily, a recommendation as been and if the recommendation suggestions are implicated by both individuals and government at all cusses, the cooperative and employment generation in Owerri North L.G.A in particular and Nigeria in general will be improved.
The following recommendations are made for improving overall performance of cooperatives in their employment generating potentials thus:
- Mapping out strategies and measures to increase membership.
- Removal or review of laws and regulations constraining cooperative ability to raise funds
- Exploring all available opportunities to expand their raising ability.
- Cooperative should refrain from looking up to government for assistance and be innovative in their funds raising activities.
- Distribution of some percentage of service fund to retiring members as a way of encouraging potentials membership.
- Responding to the complex economic environment of today by being innovation in choice Financing sources and strategies.
- Cooperative educating should be impartial to all employees and members of cooperative societies.
- Government assistance through development of loan guarantees schemes.
Cooperative Society As A Strong Key To Employment Generation In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Some Selected Cooperatives In Owerri North L.G.A.)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Cooperative Society As A Strong Key To Employment Generation In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Some Selected Cooperatives In Owerri North L.G.A.)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “Cooperative Society As A Strong Key To Employment Generation In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Some Selected Cooperatives In Owerri North L.G.A.)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Cooperative Society As A Strong Key To Employment Generation In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Some Selected Cooperatives In Owerri North L.G.A.)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.