Computer Based Pool Management System
This research study focused on Computer based pool management system a case study of System Pool Ikot Ekpene. A computer based pool management system is a software system that is used for the management of pool records. Betting in pools is done for a price, the individual that wins the bet goes home with a reward. This means that winners and losers records need to be adequately kept for future reference and to avoid problems. For effective management of betting records in pool centres, there is need to maintain adequate record of the bet records of pool players. Also, there is need for effective financial management in a pool office such as Park n Bet so that reports can be presented when needed. Use case model was used to represent the components of the system. The software development methodology used is spiral model and the programming language used is Visual Basic 6.0.
Betting on sporting events is a common form of gambling around the world, involving billions of dollars annually. Large events such as the Super Bowl or the World Series alone can generate wagers totaling trillions of naira and billions of dollars. In a pool, one tries to guess the “winners” in a set of games. For example, one may have ten matches this weekend and one bets on who the “winners” will be. We’ve put winners in quotes because the pool may handicap the matches so that it is expected that each side has an equal chance. For example, if the Jets are playing the Sharks and the Sharks are a weaker team, then there will be point spread—the Jets must score some specified number of points more than the Jets to be declared the winner in the pool. There a two common types of pools .
• One is among a group of friends and the person with the most correct guesses wins all the money that was bet. If several people have the same number of correct guesses, the money is divided evenly among them. We’ll call this the office pool since that’s where it’s often done.
• The other type of pool is like the lotteries that are run in many states: How much you win depends on how many correct guesses you have and it is set up so that the organizers expect to pay out less than they take in. We’ll call this the for-profit pool. In both kinds of pools, a player normally does not know what winners the other players have chosen.
Sports betting, typically involves odds or point spreads that affect the bet or the payout. A bet with odds of five-to-one means that a winning bettor will collect five dollars for every dollar bet. With a point spread, one team is favored by a certain amount of points (the amount is set separately by each gambling outlet). For example, if a bettor decides to wager on a team favored by 12 points, then he or she wins only if that team wins the game by more than 12 points. If there are no odds or point spread given, then the wager is known as an even-money bet (betting five dollars to win five dollars). There are many other types of sports wagers, including combination bets, depending on the sport and the specific regulations that apply to it. To effectively manage betting, there are pool centers and they make use of software systems to do the betting .
1.1 Theoretical Background
People love to bet, and every week they will go to their local bookies and fill out a football coupon, maybe even have a score cast or firstgoal scorer in the hope that they can win quite a large amount in a short period of time. Football betting is all about betting against bookmakers. It is different from betting against other people the way most people do. It is also different from pools betting. Bookmakers are betting companies that provide the platform for betting activities. They also provide the prices and expected winnings on each football match. All you need to do is to determine the outcome of a particular match or a series of matches. You don’t need to predict the exact Score line. Of course there are bets where you can predict the exact Score line and we will talk about that later. The price per match will be determined by how hard it is. The easier the match, the lesser the potential returns. The harder the match, the higher the potential out come. Assuming Manchester United wants to play Wigan Athletic at Old Trafford, we all know there is a very high likelihood that Manchester United would win. The money you are expected to win if you say Manchester United will beat Wigan will be very small. In fact, very small. On the other hand, if you say Wigan will beat Manchester United, then the expected monetary returns would be high. It will be high as well if you say it will end in a draw. Pool houses need a computer-based pool management system to enable them keep financial record, this will promote effective management of the business .
The technology adopted to implement the study is database management technology. The technology was chosen because it aids the retention of needed information for future retrieval. The user interface was created using Visual BASIC 6.0 programming language. For instance the following source code is used to save games to the database.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Many pool houses do not have a computerized system that will enable them get reports of the daily financial income and expenses, reports of winners and losers of bets, etc. Pool houses also need automated systems to manage the record of pool players on a daily basis. Without such system, the management of the pool will be less effective. To solve these problems, there is need for a computer-based pool management system. This will enable them to effectively manage records pertaining to the pool players and their games and also handle their operations effectively with minimal problems.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The aim of the study is to develop a computer-based pool management system with the following objectives:
- To develop a database application that will aid the registration of the bets of pool players.
- To implement a system that will provide financial reports of the daily income and expenses in the pool.
- To implement a system that can be used to query the winners and loosers of the pool bets.
1.4 Significance of the Project
The significance of the study is that it will provide a computer based pool management system that will aid in the inputation and retrieval of vital information on daily transaction. This will aid better management of the pool house. The study will also enable management to query for winners and losers of bets daily. In addition the study will serve as a useful reference material for other researchers seeking similar information.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This study covers computer based pool management system, a case study of system pool Ikot Ekpene. It is limited to the management of financial records of bets.
1.6 Organization of the Research
This research work is organized into five chapters.
- Chapter one is concerned with the introduction of the research study and it consists of, theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of terms.
- Chapter two focuses on the literature review, the contributions of other scholars on the subject matter is discussed.
- Chapter three is concerned with the system analysis and design. It presents the research methodology, analyzes the present system to identify the problems and provides information on the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed system. The system design is also presented in this chapter.
- Chapter four presents the system implementation and documentation. The choice of programming language, analysis of modules, choice of programming language and system requirements for implementation.
- Chapter five focuses on the summary, conclusion and recommendations are provided in this chapter based on the study carried out.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
This chapter presents the summary, conclusion, constraints of the study and offers useful recommendations.
5.1 Constraints of the Study
In carrying out the research work, some challenges were faced that limited the study such as:
The time given for the completion of the research work was too short hence the researcher had speed up the research work to meet up and this has an impact on the study.
Few materials were found pertaining to the research area and this limited the bulk of the literature review.
The high cost of textbooks, internet browsing and transportation to different libraries to gather materials stood as a constraint to the research work.
A pool management system aids the easy capturing and computation of bet entries in order to determine the winners. Utilizing a software system to manage pool betting records guarantees the presentation of needed reports based on the entries inputted and the compilation result of the entries.
It is obvious that the application of computers in pool management saves time and eliminates stress. Pool managers can now easily handle large volume of betting entries because of the advantage of high volume of storage, speed of processing and easy information retrieval characteristics of the computer system
The following recommendations are offered based on the study:
- Pool managers should eliminate the manual method of determining winnings by making use of automated systems.
- Computer programmers should be contracted to develop customized pool management software to meet the needs and requirements of the pooling business.
- More research should be conducted on the development of pool management systems.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Computer Based Pool Management System
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply