Branding And Packaging As Tools For Product Differentiation In The Marketing Of Consumer Product In Nigeria
The primary aims of it is research is to take a deep look on how branding and packaging as tools for product differentiation in the marketing of consumer product in Nigeria.
Branding is a name, symbol, sign given to a product in order to differentiate from other manufactures products in the market. Packaging is defined as group of activities producting the wrapper or container for a product.
- The chapter one of this research is about the general introduction about branding and packaging. The aim and objectives scope and the significant and the limitation of the study.
- Chapter two is talking about literature review that is past work of different authors. And meaning, characteristics of product impact of branding and packaging on marketing activities. The important of branding and packaging as instrument for differentiation.
- Chapter three, is about the data presentation and analysis, research methodology and data collection instrument.
- While chapter four is explaning the research methodology that is the method of research use in there research.
- Lastly chapter five is the summary of finding conclusion and recommendation to the research.
Table of Contents
Background of the Study
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Statement of research problems
- 1.3 Aims and objectives of the study
- 1.4 Significant of study
- 1.5 Scope of the study
- 1.6 Limitations and constraints to the study
- 2.1 Review on past work on branding and packaging
- 2.2 What is packaging
- 2.3 Meaning of characteristics of product
- 2.4 Impact of branding and packaging on market activities
- 2.5 Importance of branding an packaging product as an instrument for product differentiation
- 2.6 How product differentiation helps branding and packaging of product.
- 3.1 Research population and sample
- 3.2 Research approach
- 3.3 Data collective instruments
- 3.4 Administration of instruments
- 3.5 Method of data analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.1 Brief History of global soap and detergent industry (GSDI) Ilorin
- 4.2 Test of hypothesis
- 4.3 Analysis of result
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary of finding
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendations
Background of the Study
The duties performed by a company include the building of a unique brand name that will eventually fit a product for easy identification.
A product is anything tangible that can be offered to a market for attention, acquisition use or consumption that can satisfy a want or need.
Product process tangible and tangible attributes which include packaging service product also posses many characteristics which include quality, features, styling, branding and packaging.
Branding can be defined as a process of using a particular names, signs, trade marks, symbols by manufacturers or producers for easy identification of their products from that of competition while brand is that part which can be visualized e.g. coke, 7up, thermocool etc. for easy identification of product which can be consumer or industrial product, branding is used as a unique form for instance flahs detergent powder, vogue toilet soap and canon photo copying machine each of them contain a unique symbol and sign which aid in differentiating product in the market.
Packaging is an activity involved in designing and producing suitable container and wrapper of a product. This can be primary and secondary form.
In a common consumer product e.g. Hi-clean scouring powder and flash blue detergent powder, the plastic ontainer that house the scouring powder and the paper carton which contain flash scouring powder and flash detergent as secondary package.
All those protection product from being damage and his appeal directly and indirectly to the consumer.
Packaging is essential as promotional instrument to the producers and sellers consumer re-use packaging for example bourn vital paper packs are used by little kids to make many structure such as toy cars, toy lorries and toy game posts. Pronto wives for storing purposes.
This study will be mostly concerned about how branding and packaging have been effective tools for product differentiation in marketing of consumer products.
Marketing is defined by Philip Kotler (1988) as a social and management process by which individual and group obtains what they need and want through creating and exchanging products and value with others. Another definition says “marketing is the management process responsible for identifying, anticipate and satisfying consumers requirement predictability. Form this definition of marketing it is seen that it is only branding and packaging that consumer can recognize their loyal brand and as such they can make a repeat purchase for instance different colours of detergent package consumers to differentiate their choice and type and this form loyalty to that brand that eventually established and developed.
Branding is very important and helps producer since:
- It encourage repeat purchase at lower cost to the producer
- It develops loyal customers to that brand through repeat purchases.
- It builds up corporate image of the organization
- It leads to product identification and protection
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
In any research work, certain problem are usually identified for the study to solve. It is the way a problem is defined that governs the ability of decision makers to search and identify appropriate solution. In this resgards, below are the study;
- What are the problem consumer face in their choice of brand and how has branding and packaging been effective in marketing of consumer products?
- Have there been any benefit that the consumers and producer get from branding a product?
- Have branding packaging not been considered to be ways of deceiving consumers of the quality of that of an advantage of the corporate image of the organization?
- How could be consumer who suffered disappointment due to poor quality of the product be identified and then compensated so that he could make a repeat purchase?
1.3 Aims and Objectives Of the Study
This research work will be useful for practical purpose which shows how the attributes to the products in relation to branding and packaging as an added quality, can help or assist in marketing of product.
Other purpose of the study are itemized below:
- To investigate and find out result whether packaging and branding helps in differentiating consumers product in relations to soap and detergent manufacturing industries.
- To know whether branding and packaging serve as promotional instruments.
- To carry out investigations on the effect of branding and packaging in creating and stimulating repeats purchase.
- To carry out investigation on how consumer choose their brand and factors that influence their choice and how to treat the factors.
- To identify the brands of soaps carried out by Global soap and detergent industries limited Ilorin that is most beautiful and to identify different types of packaging sizes and structures.
1.4 Significance of the Study
Apart from the benefits the researcher stands to gain from this study, the study will be of greater benefits to the organization in question. This project related to why is necessary and worthwhile to understand the study and the importance of it is the consumer and producer of a special product.
- The study of branding and packaging as effective tools for product differentiation in marketing consumer products.
- The economic and social importance of consumer product particularly toilet soap and detergent, powder soap to Nigeria economy of great importance and any study that would enhance the producers success.
The significance of the study can be explained with respect to the following.
- Discipline: this study is importance to the discipline of marketing as it relates to branding and packaging as tools for product differentiation.
- The society: This study will also be of benefit to the whole society as it is relevant to branding and packaging as a tool for product differentiation.
- Business organization: this study is limited to any global soap detergent the Ilorin and how they can manage their soap or differentiate if from other soap.
- It is part of the requirement for the award of Higher National in marketing and it will enrich the knowledge if the writer.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This study can not cover all product that required branding and packaging. Therefore, an attempt is made to limit this research to the study of soap and detergent in global soap and detergent industry limited, Ilorin Kwara state.
The scope of the study is limited to the business organization
- Concept: this study is limited to the business organization
- Industrial scope: this study cover the area of branding and packaging as a tool for product differentiation is the marketing consumer product in Nigeria.
- Territory scope: This study is expected to cover all Global soap and detergent industries in Nigeria.
1.6 Limitations and Constraints of the Study
Gathering of all needed data in most studies is usually met with a number of obstacles and constraints.
- Financial barriers stand as a big constraints during exercise and had limited the full success of this study. This is because a lot of money was required administer questionnaires do also the time deusted to conduct the interview was base upon looked appointment which was not reliable for several days.
- Lack of cooperation of some respondent because of their tight schedule particularly the market women who were always buy attending to their customer. This I was often asked to make repeat call.
However, despite all these constraints the research believes that this study achieve the desires objective.
5.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendation
5.1 Summary of Findings
In the preceding chapters, the data collected in the research work were presented, analyzed and interpreted the respondents were mainly users and buyers within Ilorin township 31% male and 69% female, 25% of the respondents were civil servant, 39% were factory workers, 30% were business men/women and least respondent were student of 6%.
The analysis further shows that 50% of the respondents preferred their choice of brand because of the packages and about 50 will prefer to search for their choice of brand instead of buying the available one. Most of the respondent were female which show that toilet soaps and detergent are most used by female than the male 50% of the buyers of these prudct were mostly bought by married couples and they are about 34% of the respondents, 69% of the respondent agreed that branding and packaging appeal to them and it makes them by always while 31% recognize their choice brand through promotion and advertisement. Some of the respondent change their choice of brand duet to regular supply of the product and dull appearance of the package about 26% and 28% of the respondent were noted for this.
From the personal interviews conducted, the producers of similar product are in Iloirn township
In concluding this work, the researcher would like to say that consumer product do not exist in isolation in the choice of branding and packaging, it also exist in other classes of product. It is seen that every body in the Ilorin town it is seen that every body in the Ilorin township of Kwara state is a part of the toilet soap and detergent users.
From the definition and description in chapter two, it is seen that various branding and packing that exist for consumer product help the consumers in making their choice of brand of toilet soap and detergent.
The researcher therefore, agreed with Jerome Mc carty conclusion which says branding packaging can create new total product and that variations in packaging can make a product stable in various target market. All branding and packaging can be used by marketers in creating and building a customer franchise for a given product.
Different brand names were used as claimed by the producer in order to create cooperate image by improving the image of the company through good quality of brand product.
Through good brand product and better packaging customer can always scrambler the product along with the corporate image of the organization. As discovered by the producers when there is a shift from their product initially it will be quarrel, but when it occurs the package, quality will also be improved after which marketing. Researcher has been conducted to know where the problem lies.
A good system of branding and packaging to differentiate customer products are better made more flexible in order to cater for changing situations. Having analyzed the various branding and packaging systems available in chapter two for differentiation consumer product to toilet soap and detergent the research is of opinion that the consumer review of these various systems should be put in place as away of updating and reviewing it to meet up with current standard and the economic and social status of the consumer especially those at the upper level.
This will vital in their day-to-day buying habit it might be costly, but a little modification might be better.
It is obviously due to non-availability or irregulation supply to the nearest store and this may lead to changing of brand of toilet soap and detergent. This should give the producer enough cause to improve their distribution system to various channels available and order for them to maintain their market share in the Nigeria soap market branding and packaging of consumer products must always be maintains to differentiate it from competitors products in excellent condition with creditable striving force to maintain quality of product.
How To Get The Complete Material For “Branding And Packaging As Tools For Product Differentiation In The Marketing Of Consumer Product In Nigeria“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Branding And Packaging As Tools For Product Differentiation In The Marketing Of Consumer Product In Nigeria
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
Need a Different Topic? Perform a Quick Search