Automated System For Employee Recruitment Screening
This research work focused on the development of Automated system for employee recruitment screening, a case study of civil service commission, Uyo. This study was necessary because the existing system of screening qualified applicants for employment is time consuming and there is difficulty in retrieving information of applicants that have passed or failed the employment screening process. To overcome these problems, an automated system for employee recruitment and screening is developed. The system screens employees based on the defined requirements for obtaining the employment such as the academic qualification and years of experience. Also, needed reports about applicants that are qualified for recruitment can be presented when needed by querying the database. The software design methodology used is object oriented analysis and design and the programming language used is Visual BASIC 6.0.
This chapter presents the introduction to employee recruitment screening management system. It presents the introduction theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of terms.
An employee recruitment screening system is a system that processes the application of applicants so as to determine eligible candidates for employment. Screening and recruitment of employees forms a core part of the central activities underlying human resource management. It forms an important part of the work of human resource managers – or designated specialists within work organizations. It has an important role to play in ensuring worker performance and positive organizational outcomes. It is often claimed that selection of workers occurs not just to replace departing employees or add to a workforce but rather to put in place workers who can perform at a high level and demonstrate commitment. Recruitment is important for organizations since it performs the essential function of drawing an important resource, human capital, into the organization. It has a strategic aim as it focuses on the need to attract high-quality people in order to gain a competitive advantage. Recruiting people with the right abilities reinforces the organizational goals. E-recruitment is the use of the internet to attract potential employees to an organization, and can include the use of an organization’s own corporate website as well as the use of commercial job boards (Parry, 2009).
1.1 Theoretical Background
Every organization is made up of employees, and before employees are recruited, information pertaining to them is obtained, screened to determine their qualification for employment into a given position. For every position, there are certain skills and qualifications needed. The performance of the individual is a function of employee ability, motivation and level of education. Screening is a fundamental part of Human Resource Management (HRM) which is a term that has been in use for over two decades now and it is a unit with the responsibility of short-listing eligible applicants to become staffs of a given firm. It was previously referred to as personnel administration and it is a vital part of every organization. Every organization seeks to employ the most suitable staff in order to move the organization to the next level or to beat-up the ever increasing competition in the business world. The problem is how to get the appropriate person for a particular post or job considering the large number of people that will apply for a particular job offer. Screening makes it possible for the personnel management unit to select the best applicants from a large pool of applications.
1.2 Statement of Problem
- Several organizations lack a computerized system that will enable them to carry out the task of employee recruitment screening.
- It is difficult to sort out qualified candidates for recruitment.
- Manual system of screening employees is very costly and also time consuming, due to the time wastage on sorting applicants’ resumes.
These problems are always present and need solutions in the process of recruiting and selecting personnel. It is in view of this that this study is conducted to develop an automated system for employee recruitment screening.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of the study is to develop automated system for employee recruitment screening. The following are the objectives of the study.
- To design a computerized employee recruitment screening system.
- To design a system that can be used to screen out qualified candidates for recruitment based on academic qualification and position applied for.
- To design a system that will maintain a database of recruitment records for easy short-listing of employees that meet screening requirement.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study is that it will provide an automated system for the civil service commission to utilize in screening of employees. It will help organizations solve the present challenges they are facing in handling recruitment. It will also save them time and cost of recruiting. In addition, other scholars seeking for valuable information on the subject will find this research material relevant.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This study covers automated system for employee recruitment screening a case study of civil service commission, Uyo. It is limited to screening applicants based on academic qualification and position applied for.
1.6 Organization of Research
This research work is organized into five chapters.
- Chapter one is concerned with the introduction of the research study and it presents the introductio, theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of terms.
- Chapter two focuses on the literature review, the contributions of other scholars on the subject matter is discussed.
- Chapter three is concerned with the system analysis and design. It presents the research methodology used in the development of the system, it analyzes the present system to identify the problems and provides information on the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed system. The system design is also presented in this chapter.
- Chapter four presents the system implementation and documentation, the choice of programming language, analysis of modules, choice of programming language and system requirements for implementation.
- Chapter five focuses on the summary, constraints of the study, conclusion and recommendations are provided in this chapter based on the study carried out.
1.7 Definition of Terms
A formal and usually written request for something such as a job, a grant of money, or admission to a school or college
People who are recruited by a company or an individual employer
The field of business concerned with recruiting and managing employees
The process of checking and filtering of the wanted elements from unwanted elements. In the concept of recruiting, it is the process of selecting qualified applicants for employment from a large collection of applications.
To enroll somebody as a worker or member, or to take on people as workers or members
To put somebody or something on a final list of candidates for a position or award.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
This chapter presents the summary, conclusion, constraints of the study and offers useful recommendations.
5.1 Constraints of the Study
In carrying out the research work, some challenges were faced that limited the study such as:
The time given for the completion of the research work was too short hence the researcher had speed up the research work to meet up and this has an impact on the study.
Few materials were found pertaining to the research area and this limited the bulk of the literature review.
The high cost of textbooks, internet browsing and transportation to different libraries to gather materials stood as a constraint to the research work.
The purpose of employee recruitment and screening is to decide who will be employed. It is impossible for the selection panel to do its task without a well-prepared job description and person specification. The essential criteria in the person specification should form the basis of the selection. The criteria should not under any circumstances be changed at the interview stage. Automating the recruitment process enables the organization to be able to meet up with time and to also easily obtain reports concerning recruitment.
This study has examined automated system for employee recruitment screening a case study of civil service commission, Uyo . It has been revealed that the computerized method for recruitment and screening is more accurate and time saving than the manual method. It is therefore imperative that organizations should automate their recruitment screening process to be more effective
The following recommendations are offered based on the findings of the study;
- The civil service commission should replace the manual system of employee screening with an automated system.
- Civil service should employ the services of computer programmers to develop customized applications to handle the recruitment screening process.
- Special websites for employee recruitment and screening should be developed by the civil service commission.
- More research should be encouraged on the subject of employee recruitment and screening.
How To Get The Complete Material For Automated System For Employee Recruitment Screening
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Automated System For Employee Recruitment Screening” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Automated System For Employee Recruitment Screening” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.