Assessment Of The Of Role Of Supplies Function In The Public Sector
An assessment of the role of supplies function in the public sector is a topic in the field of purchasing.
- In chapter one, it highlights the general over view of the study.
- In chapter two, which is all about the review of related literature of the study.
- Chapter three, was how the data is being collected, it highlighted the sources of data collection.
- In chapter four specifically, a detailed discussion of finding was made with a view to highlights a sound basis for some possible solutions.
- Chapter five, is the climax of the research study. She summarizes, concludes and gives some recommendations which if adhered to, could help in an assessment of the role of supplies function by using some one with professional qualification.
1.1 Background Of The Study
The assessment and the role of supplies function in the public sector like the ministry of finance, Imo State is aimed at identifying the importance of impact of the supplies function in the over all performance of the organization.
Uzor (2006:358) public sector is that part of the economy in which the state acts as an entrepreneur, where several factors have made supplies function prominent in recent years among governmental policy makers, academic and business community.
In every organization be it public or private sector and even governmental agencies, the role of supplies function is fully recognized, as of date the cost of materials, equipment and supplies for industrial and non-industrial purposes account for a large proportion of the cost of these organization. In the public sector there must be an LPO which is one the characteristic of supply.
- It must be received by the store officer and documented according.
- Supplies must meet up the specification of the L.PO.
- The receipt of the purchase items must be accompanied or attached.
- The supplies must be made in accordance within the time specification.
- All items supplied must reflect in a received ledge. While the supplies is given the S.R.U.
Supplies is only a part of several activities dealing with the procurement of materials in the public sector. The subject of supplies holds the same basic principles and procedures in all public sector large supplies are usually made only after the media of publicity for tender; in order to encourage tenders the suppliers must state precisely what level wishes to supply and the due delivery date to avoid conflict.
In this research project all attempt is made to examine the assessment and the role supplies function in the ministry of finance Imo State with the view of increasing efficiency of supply.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
This project is a case study of the assessment of the role of supplies function in the ministry of finance Imo State. The principal problem being investigated is to determine how effective procurement of materials are being carried out within the ministry. If one should ask do the ministry of finance, Imo State carry out their supplies function or activities effectively and efficiently? And one of the problems they faces are:
- Problem of documentation
- Weakness of system of controlling supplies and documents
- Lack of qualified and experienced persons to handle public supply is a problem
- Problem of organizational structure and issue of tribalism and favouritism
- The influence of budget and budgetary control
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
Sequel to the problem above of the supplies function in the public sector the objectives of these study.
- To examine the quality and quantity of personnel that handle public supply with the view of establishing the firm industry.
- To examine the organizational structure of the ministry with a view of finding out the impact of the structure of job performance and productivity.
- To investigate the issue of corruption in the industry.
- To examine supplies and enable document so as to determine it weakness and strength.
- To examine the system of procurement in the ministry.
1.4 Significance Of The Study
On completion of these study the work will be of emence benefit to the researcher because it is a requirement by the board for technical education for the award of (OND) without it you will not be awarded the certificate.
The researcher has been exposed to skills and knowledge required for undertaking similar project in the future.
The research on completion will be of immense benefit to other student who may be faced with undertaking similar project as these, the work will provide them the needed data to the organization.
On completion of these work it will enable them to measure or compare what they are currently doing and what they are expected to do and what they are currently doing so as to determine whether they are doing their work right or wrong.
1.5 Research Questions
- Do the ministry achieve any advantage as a resole of the use of right suppliers?
- Do the public sector source for their supplier?
- Do the supplier play any positive role in the public sector?
- Is it possible that using the right supplier will reduce cost and as I result increase savings the ministry?
- What role does supplies function play in the public sector?
The null and alternative hypothesis has been seen by the researcher to verify the accuracy of the data collected during the course of research work. In carrying out this, the researcher use both Null (H0) and alternative (HI) hypothesis to find out whether the role played by supplies function in the public sector has any effect on the organization.
A hypothesis may be defined as a declaration statement of a relationship between two or more variables used for better understanding of these assumption are thus stated below.
- H0: The finance department cannot be properly functioned well if the supplies function are inadequate.
HI: The finance department can adequately perform well in absence of supplies function.
- H0: The performance of finance department can be assess by the level of productivity.
HI: The productivity of the finance department cannot be determined by the supplies function.
1.7 Scope Of The Study
The scope of the study will be based on the following:
- To visit and assess the store unit of the finance department.
- To assess the monitoring and evaluation unit of finance department.
- To visit the planning and statistics unit to know the documentation process.
1.8 Limitation Of The Study
In actual sense, there are some certain constraints that seem to limit one’s extent of gathering more information based on this project. There are obviously many public sector in the state that needed to be visited for more information, but for the limitation in time and resources, these some how limited the extent.
Another constraint was the uncompromising attitude of the worker. Of the ministry of finance they were always very suspicious of the researcher mission not minding the introduction made. There was also lack of relevant data in some area that could have helped the researcher in the study.
However, bearing these constraints, the researcher made effort to ensure that she left no stone unturn in the search for materials and evidence necessary full. Time of the government workers tend to be very limited and as such tight schedules was the order of the day, by the time the researcher tried to locate one officer, it would be late to meet the other in the officer. In essence it required patience and courage to make several journeys before one was able to secure information and attention to senior personnel whom the researcher felt were in better position to give more actual information.
1.9 Operation Definition Of Terms
An executive function for the procurement of materials, parts, tooling and equipment in the public sector.
2. Local Purchase Order:
These is a document which is issued to the supplier before supplies or delivery of material are made. It is used within a locating or country.
3. Vendor Sources:
This means that a good supplier has to develop source of raw materials and components that will ensure continuity of production during period of fluctuating business conditions.
This is where the supplier assures the buyer that the product delivered or supplied will be maintained through out its normal life.
This refers to all governments workers store keepers and public sectors.
6. Store Keeper:
Staffs that take note of all supplied materials tools and parts.
7. Inventory Control:
Those that keep records of materials and parts used in the production process and non production materials such as expandable tools, office supplies and maintenance, repair and operating supplies.
A pressure on a supplies to get it either to meet the original delivery promise, to deliver ahead of schedule.
Where you ensure that the supplier will be able to meet delivery promises.
The cost to search for specification to describe the quality of the item that the user wants.
11. Lead Time:
The possibility of lead time alternation which can affect order quantity.
Method of financing which enables a company to rent industrial equipment instead of buying it outright.
13. Suppliers Packing Notes/List:
When materials are supplied it is usual for the supplier to send a packaging note or list.
The process of determining in advance requirement of materials, taking into consideration existing stock, delivery time.
15. Purchase Order:
It is used as a legal document an outcome of an unconditional agreement between buyer and supplier during negotiation that the specified materials would be supplied.
16. Supplier Rating:
Giving details of supplier performance relating to price, qualify, delivery and so on.
17. Contract Record:
Contract for the supply of materials or components over a specified period of time.
18. Order Register:
This gives a record of all orders placed each day.
19. Enquiry Forms:
They are used mainly to obtain information from possible suppliers relating to price, quality, delivery and terms of business for “bought out” items.
A document which is issued by a supplier in response to an “enquiry”, offering goods or services for a given consideration, which is hoped to be delivered.
Assessment Of The Of Role Of Supplies Function In The Public Sector
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Assessment Of The Of Role Of Supplies Function In The Public Sector
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “Assessment Of The Of Role Of Supplies Function In The Public Sector” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Assessment Of The Of Role Of Supplies Function In The Public Sector” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.